The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Jinhao 111, a very not jinhao-like pen!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ghostb

ghostb

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 19:31

Today I received 2 Jinhao 111 fountain pens. I bought them on E-bay, because I liked the design.

All the Jinhao's I have are heavy somewhat masculin pens. This pen has a very feminin design. Slender and round forms and this pen is much lighter than the other Jinhao's I own.
The weight is slightly heavier than my Hero 329.
There is more Hero-likeness on this pen: The tip is a very stiff hooded XF, but much smoother than a hero.
The quality looks more like a Duke pen. The cap has a nice click, but seems too big to fit on the narrow end of the pen. The innerpart of the hood however fits nicely on the back of the pen and has a rubber-like plopping sound when you take it off, just like some dukepens.

I attached some pictures, so you can check them out yourself! This is my very first small review, I hope it works!

Attached Images

• PICT0005.JPG
  • PICT0004.JPG
  • PICT0003.JPG
  • PICT0002.JPG
  • PICT0001.JPG

Edited by ghostb, 26 March 2008 - 20:46.

Sponsored Content

#2 lalindsay225

lalindsay225

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 March 2008 - 20:02

ghostb, thanks for the review! You're right, this looks nothing like the Jinhao pens I'm familiar with. Nice to see some variety! I have thought for some time that the Jinhao brand is somewhat undervalued -- the smooth nibs on some of mine are second only to my Sailor Sapporo, and that is saying something.

Lisa
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Lisa in Raleigh, NC

Sponsored Content

|