The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Eversharp-Parker II - 10,000 words pen.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 antoniosz

antoniosz

ET IN ARCADIA EGO

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 04:19

This second posting in the "series" on the pens of Eversharp-Parker during the late fifties (i.e. when Eversharp was purchased by Parker) has to do with this pen, for which I believe Jim M. said it was called 10,000 words (a rather inispiring name).
The photo below shows a fountain pen and a ball point pen (BP was obtained courtesy of Brian Anderson)
Posted Image
I bought the FP because the barrel clearly reminded me of Parker. The top of the barrel is just a tad larger than the 45 and has a hole (which I do not know what role plays since this is a cartridge pen. The top of the cap has a V-notch shape which is common with another Eversharp pen (the "Viking" - perhaps there is a connection between this name and the shape of the cap) of this period that I will discuss in a future posting. The clips bear the "E" symbol and the name Eversharp is inscribed with the same font as in this previously discussed pen. The difference here is that the familiar Parker symbol appears in the other side of the cap. Does anyone know when this symbol began to be used?
Posted Image
Posted Image
The nib now begins to look like a Parker 45, especially the 45 degree asymmetric v-notch end of the section which is similar to that of 45. The nib is a nail but writes like a charm.
Posted Image
Posted Image
If you have more information for this pen please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Content

#2 antoniosz

antoniosz

ET IN ARCADIA EGO

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 00:14

Another picture courtesy of Matt McColm. A demi-demo smile.gif
Thanks Matt.

#3 kissing

kissing

a pen for all seasons

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 00:17

Cool~!

I don't know anything of the historical significance of pens like this, but it's a good feeling to look at something which obviously isn't everyday, common stuff laugh.gif

Eversharp seems to be been owned by several companies in the past ohmy.gif
http://www.youtube.com/kissing88

Sponsored Content

|