What pen are you waiting for in the mail?

scratchy

I went on a spree of sorts around my birthday a few weeks ago. They were all inexpensive pens won on eBay. Still waiting for:

Duke Beijing Opera Rhythm (the cheaper version that's mostly black)

Hero (not sure what model number, but it appears to be flowered)

Jinhao Carnation

These are all from international sellers, so I may be waiting a bit longer. Also, I'm not buying any more pens for a while because I'm saving for a Sailor Naginata.

Lisa

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Lisa in Raleigh, NC

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sargetalon

• TeaHive

• 79spitfire

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"I don't like to send on pens -- even if factory sealed as this one was -- without examining and adjusting the nib prior to shipping, as I want the pen to be ready to write without any adjustment on the part of the customer. In my experience, close to 90% of the pens I receive -- from all manufacturers -- require some adjustment on my part before I send them on their way.

Wow I at least gave the manufacturers some slack when I complain about pens quality :roflmho:

Kurt

I have ordered 3 pens from China, total cost $20 including shipping (!), sold through an Ebay shop with names like Black Shiny Excutive Pen, another that looks like a 51 and I cant remember the third. I am working on the basis that its not a lot of money and if one of them can be lent out to a convert then its no bad thing

OMAS Milord cartridge filler in black

Lamy 2000 with EF nib.

Kurt

Still waiting on the OMAS but

the Lamy 2000 is an EF that actually writes an EF line :thumbup:

Kurt

As far as I'm concerned, I'm curretly waiting for a large size 1911 with a Cross Concord Emperor... Hope it will arrive soon!

Shinichiro.

Look at my eyes, Faye. One of them is a fake because I lost it in an accident. Since then, I've been seeing the past in one eye and the present in the other. So, I thought I could only see patches of reality, never the whole picture. I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was over...

Well I thought I was awaiting the news that my Dolce Vita OS was en route, but just received an email from my supplier, of which this is an extract:

It may be disappointing, but your supplier gets an A+.

You are right, of course, Deirdre, and he will be named in due course! :)

(ie when I get the pen and review it!)

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

US humorist (1878 - 1937)

Reality bites!

I'm still waiting for the Sailor Sapporo F nib. Turns out to be out of stock; just my luck......a delay for a few days.

(In the meantime I have ordered 4 x Apica CD15 all the way from Paris, and wondered if Sailor Brown comes as cartridges etc etc...)

Sailor Professional Gear GT B Nib

Sailor Sapporo GT F Nib

Pelikan M1000 (black) B Nib

Bexley Simplicity bronze GT B nib

Pilot VP blue/GT B nib

I am waiting for this Marxton that was discovered recently on a friend's work desk.

post-6048-1206499418_thumb.jpg

The pen is essentially new and has a flexible fine oversize 1940's Waterman's Emblem nib. I traded a Parker Duofold for a pristine Sheaffer OS Balance in the green striped color, a pen I've been lusting for some time and this Marxton. The Balance is already here, so I can't say I'm waiting for it. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Bill J

I'm waiting for 2 vintage Pelikans, a 400 NN from the 1950s & a 400 from the 1980s. I'm holding off mailing a package of other pens to Binder until after these vintage pens arrive as I may be adding them to the package (for nib smoothing). Which means, of course, a long wait until I see them again, but it'll be worth it.

Guns, Gams, and Gumshoes: http://writingpis.wordpress.com/

Colleen Collins Books http://colleencollinsbooks.com/

Waithing for a Waterman Phileas F that I got on ebay and a Lamy Safari charcoal - love the 'blacked out' look of that pen .. sort of a 'stealth bomber' look.

"Not all who wander are lost."

JRR Tolkien

I just went to Jetpens, so now I'm waiting for several colorful, inexpensive, totally kawaii pens to arrive---Pilots, mostly.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Waiting for my Pelikan 400 tortoise to ruturn repaired from Pelikan.

And I am waiting for a Parker 51 burgundy ....

The 51 burgundy arrived and works fine.

And yesterday my 400 returned from Pelikan. Fixed and nicely polished as SERVICE! They did not charge anything for repairing the leaking piston. Thanks a lot! :thumbup:

Ordered today : a Black Carbonesque VP with a 0.9mm Richard Binder cursive italic... hope it will arrive soon!

Look at my eyes, Faye. One of them is a fake because I lost it in an accident. Since then, I've been seeing the past in one eye and the present in the other. So, I thought I could only see patches of reality, never the whole picture. I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was over...

Naki Paris blue is on it's way. An inexpensive pen I know but....don't tell my wife anyway, as I'm supposed to be banned from making purchases...but I can't help myself..Honest. :rolleyes:

Antonym, n.: The opposite of the word you're trying to think of.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.

Robert Heinlein

There is much that is unexplained....Until it is! (Walter Bishop 2009)

Has anyone got their new FPs in the mail yet........or should I be looking at the 'what pen did you get today?' thread? :blush:

No........two, the Bexley from Germany & Sailor(UK), are still 'in the post', and my two 'Europeans from America'(DolceVitaOS, Duofold Intl.) are with the Spanish Customs.

So I could possibly have 4 more pens this week.

.....Make that five...I won a Delta Alfa Romeo Giulietta off ebay(uk) ......I coveted the Alfa Giulietta when I was an early teenager, but I guess this is the nearest I'll get to ever owning one :)

Edited by rogerb

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

US humorist (1878 - 1937)

I'm glad some folks pens have arrived :sick: no really.....i'm pleased :ninja:

because I'm still waiting for the Sailor Sapporo GT F nib :crybaby:

oh well, patience is a virtue...

Sailor Professional Gear GT B Nib

Sailor Sapporo GT F Nib

Pelikan M1000 (black) B Nib

Bexley Simplicity bronze GT B nib

Pilot VP blue/GT B nib

scratchy, I hear you.

Here's my updated list:

Aurora

Marlen (delivered maybe)

Marlen (delivered maybe)

Mazzuoli (delivered maybe)

Montblanc (vintage)

Parker Sonnet Arrived

Stipula Bellini Arrived

Stipula (delivered maybe)

Stipula

Stipula

Stipula

Taccia

Visconti (UPS driver misplaced :bonk: )

Waterman

Edited by Deirdre

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

Im waiting on 2 older Sheaffers.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff303/Kevin-Andra/SheafferGrn2.jpg

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff303/Kevin-Andra/SheafferFPRed.jpg

Let courage rise with danger, and strength to strength oppose.

There is no snooze button on a cat wanting breakfast.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png