What pen are you waiting for in the mail?

scratchy

The pens I've gotten recently are trickling in, but I'm still waiting for:

- Nakaya Long Equilibrium Heki-Tamenuri with flexi medium nib

- Edison Glenmont Green Ripple Ebonite 18k fine Bexley nib

- Conway Stewart Duro Heritage LE in silver trim with italic fine nib

- Namiki/Pilot VP Raden with medium nib

- Bexley Chocolate Ebonite prototype

I'm also waiting on a Binderized VP fine nib unit that I got on a trade.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sargetalon

• TeaHive

• 79spitfire

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing expensive here, but I am waiting on two XXF noname pens, a Lamy Vista XF, a teal Pilot 78G fine, a Hero #360 light blue, and a Hero #187 black. I'm also waiting on a bottle of Noodler's Navajo Turquoise and Year of the Golden Pig with the free highlighter. I think I should've gotten more ink.

No Glenmonts today. Today I dislike USPS.

It is worth waiting for. At the risk of rubbing it in, I took delivery of my orange ebonite Glenmont with a black ebonite section and 14k Bock medium nib on Tuesday and I can tell you that it's a superb pen. Be patient and you'll be rewarded.

Bryan

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes." Winston S. Churchill

Eagerly awaiting a Pelikan M650 in black and vermiel.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional and illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Well....

Aurora

Marlen

Marlen

Mazzuoli

Montblanc (vintage)

Parker

Stipula

Stipula

Stipula

Stipula

Stipula

Taccia

Visconti

That makes me sound like an addict, though.

One of them is the new limited steel-nibbed Stipula Bellini, which I ordered in a medium italic point.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

While probably not that exciting to most here, I'm waiting for a Parker Inflection in yellow. I'm also waiting for three inks, one my standard black, and two new (to me) colors (Waterman Havana Brown and Private Reserve Black Magic Blue).

- R

Excitement is in the eye (or somewhere) of the anticipator! Lucky you, and you'll love the PR Black Magic Blue.

I get to mail a Cross Century II Art Deco FP back :crybaby: because it didn't look anything like the pictures (not the seller's fault; they're the same pics on many websites), and I know the person who it's intended for doesn't prefer something this all-over shiny. Better luck next time! I love getting pens in the mail, even if most times I have to go to USPS or UPS and pick 'em up myself. ;)

It's been a while since I purchased a new pen and once I was smitten, I could not resist. It all started when I received a card in the mail advertising a sale at the Montblanc "boutique" (you have to imagine pronouncing "boutique" like

"b o o t e e e e k" drawing it out like the rich and famous. God, that name just turns me off. Anyway, I stopped by for probably the first time ever and asked if they had any fountain pens on sale. After limiting the pens to piston-filled, I chose a Le Grand black with platinum trim. All of these models had BB nibs so they sent one back to the factory to be fitted/replaced with an Extra Fine nib. I payd 30% off list.

I love getting pens in the mail, even if most times I have to go to USPS or UPS and pick 'em up myself. ;)

I know that feeling...it seems like most times my pens arrive at my work address, it's on Saturday when we're closed! :crybaby:

I'm impatiently waiting for an early '20s Parker Duofold. :cloud9:

I'm waiting for a blue vintage Eclipse that I got on e-bay. It's 10 days from my victorious paypal payment, but the pen is not here it. How long should I wait? The seller does not respond to my e-mail messages...

I am screwed. Hate waiting... :bonk:

Eagerly awaiting a Pelikan M650 in black and vermiel.

Well, I just got a phone mail that said that in spite of them having the pen listed on the web site, and in spite of telling me that it was in stock when I made a long distance call (not toll free) to make SURE that it was in stock, they really DON'T have it in stock. Of course, they could sell me a more expensive pen . . . NOT! Guess that I will be looking for something else somewhere else.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional and illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Helloooo fellow pen hounds..... :happyberet:

I have just ordered a Sailor Sapporo F nib with gold trim. I don't reckon it will arrive till next week though...... :crybaby:

(I've already got a Professional Gear with B nib)

For what pen(s) are you waiting, in the mail? And are you waiting patiently lol....

My Waterman Charleston is in getting serviced, which is leaving me to appreciate the simple, reliable workings of my Sheaffer Javelin.

Also waiting for some ink:

Noodler`s 4.5 oz Legal Lapis (2 btls)

Noodler`s 4.5 oz Violet Vote (formerly Iraqi Indigo)

Noodler`s 3 oz Bullet-Proof Black

Private Reserve Black Cherry

Chris

---

Don't take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway!

I'm waiting for a Cross Apogee in Titian Red with a broad nib.

Like Punch, my vendor listed the pen for sale only to e-mail saying that Cross claimed it would take "at least thirty days" before it shipped (most likely from Cross!). Since I paid less than full retail, I guess I'll wait; no sense rushing only to spend more money .......... but while I was polite with the vendor, I was really irritated. What I saved in payment I will spend in time.

Namiki Custom Impressions in blue celluloid (thanks Greyfox!)

Old style Pelikan 400 with blue stripes w/ my first example of a Deb Kinney nib (thanks again, Greyfox!)

Aurora Optima Primareva LE

Aurora Optima Mare LE

and those will be it for awhile...err... maybe one more, Visconti Ragtime that I have a snipe on in eBay if things work out (not holding my breath though) :D

Edited by girlieg33k

Talking about fountain pens is like dancing about architecture.

I am waiting for a Faber Castell Ambition (broad tip) and a Lamy Safari in yellow with calligraphy nib.

First FPs I have bought, and I am (needless to say) excited about their arrival.

I have ordered them from stylo.ca in Canada, where I live.

Depending on how they work out, I am hoping to get a Lamy Studio and Pelikan Pura on down the line- anyone with any advice please let me know! I am intrigued by this whole fountain pen thing.

All opinions are welcome, but know that I am a budget buyer of limited means, so I won't be considering any of the truly legendary pens anytime soon. My pens are for drawing and personal note-taking.

I willl let you all know how my first purchase goes!

wo