The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Visconti Rinascimento Start Dust-review

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 goodguy

goodguy

Fountain pens and watches collector

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,534 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2008 - 00:44

Yet I got another pen and I am overjoyed.
I got the pen from a friend in Florida.
To be honest I never heard of this pen before and I was surprised my friend had it because usually he has only vintage pens. After MB Visconti is my favorite pen so I had to order it.

The pen came in its box and is in mint condition even though it was used as a second hand pen. The paper cover looks a bit worn but once I took the beautiful box out I saw the box was mint. Opened the box and there is the pen and papers all nice and crisp.
I think even my cat loves the pen because he was standing watching it fascinated.

The Rinascimento is made of silver sterling body and has a beautiful resin cap and resin blind cap.
As its name hints the resin has little sparkly things in it and the effect is fantastic. The contrast of a white silver body and red sparkly ends is lovely.
The clip is made of silver too and is spring loaded so putting the pen in the pocket is very easy and secure.

To my joy the pen is piston filled as the blind cap hints. The piston is working nice and smooth and I have nothing bad to say about it even though Pelikan is smoother. As I mentioned many times I love piston filled pens especialy as a user so I will put my Paragon a side for few days and try this one and see how it compared to the Paragon.

Anyways back to the review, the body as expected from a metal pen is not light weight but it isnt too heavy either. It feels nice and balanced in the hand and in general I like how it feels while I write with it.

The nib is similar to the one on my Visconti Copernicus and that’s good, that VEY good. This nib is a SWEET writer. It’s a 14K M nib and is both wet and smooth and like all Italian nibs has a ton of character which means a nice feedback from the paper.
The nib just cries to me use me, write with me I want you to be happy and I am.

My Paragon is going to have hard time beating this pen and only with close comparison I will be able to see which one is better.

Attached Images

• Picture_002.jpg
  • Picture_005.jpg
  • Picture_007.jpg
  • Picture_009.jpg
  • Picture_010.jpg
  • Picture_015.jpg
  • Picture_019.jpg

Edited by goodguy, 19 March 2008 - 21:35.

Respect to all

Sponsored Content

#2 Mr.Rene

Mr.Rene

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:04

Beautiful and fancy,
Enjoy it!
René.
happyberet.gif

#3 Shelley

Shelley

iPen

• Member - Gold

• 1,515 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:33

Wow - I have never seen one of those before, its certainly interesting, one thing though, Visconti uses German nibs from Bock...the same nib used in about 30 odd FP companies.
Lamy 2000-Lamy Vista-Visconti Van Gogh Maxi Tortoise Demonstrator-Pilot Vanishing Point Black Carbonesque-1947 Parker 51 Vacumatic Cedar Blue Double Jewel-Aurora Optima Black Chrome Cursive Italic-Waterman Hemisphere Metallic Blue-Sheaffer Targa-Conway Stewart CS475

#4 J English Smith

J English Smith

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,452 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:56

It sure is an interesting look, the silver and the resin - very different - I like it and the nib looks great.

Is this a fairly current pen for them, Goodguy, or a few years back? Just curious. I don't know the Visconti lineup well.

My recommendation - get some Visconti Bordeaux inkloaded into that suckah'.
<i>"Most people go through life using up half their energy trying to protect a dignity they never had."</i><br>-Marlowe, in <i>The Long Goodbye</i>

#5 sandeep108

sandeep108

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:27

Lovely pen.

#6 NeoTiger

NeoTiger

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:27

QUOTE(Shelley @ Mar 19 2008, 02:33 PM) View Post
Visconti uses German nibs from Bock...the same nib used in about 30 odd FP companies.

While that is true, the nibs being from Bock, they are NOT the same nib used in all the different pen companies. Each company gives Bock its own specifications for manufacturing the nibs, and therefore while they have similarities (all being produced at the same facility) there are subtle differences.

For example, a Visconti nib feels different from a Bexley nib.

#7 hardyb

hardyb

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2008 - 14:51

I have one of these in a dark blue and it is really beautiful. I like the way it fills and writes too. Enjoy!
The Danitrio Fellowship

#8 ethernautrix

ethernautrix

Be the Pen Posse you want to see in the world.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,905 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 16:00

What a striking pen.

GOREJUS! <--New Yawk accent.

[Stifles jealousy.] No, really, I'm very happy for you. It's a good jealousy.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

#9 goodguy

goodguy

Fountain pens and watches collector

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,534 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2008 - 17:14

QUOTE(J English Smith @ Mar 19 2008, 03:56 AM) View Post
Is this a fairly current pen for them, Goodguy, or a few years back? Just curious. I don't know the Visconti lineup well.

This pen is relativly new but Visconti stop making ti few years ago.I dont have much more information on this pen.
Respect to all

#10 HBlaine

HBlaine

And then the mysteries began

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:43

Just wandered across this review, and it bought back some bittersweet memories. I had a Rinascimento Star Dust ages ago. But, being young and foolish, I didn't appreciate it's rather broad nib, and ended up trading it off. :headsmack:

Thankfully, I recently corrected that mistake, and picked up a new Rina (though a Deco this time, with a custom italic nib). They are great pens.

Hope you're still enjoying this one!
"Here was a man who had said, with his wan smile, that once he realized that he would never be a protagonist, he decided to become, instead, an intelligent spectator, for there was no point in writing without serious motivation." - Casaubon referring to Belbo, Foucault's Pendulum.

Sponsored Content

|