Santa gonna bring you a new pen?

tooloose-letrek

Rumor has it that a Namiki VP with a medium nib will find itself wrapped up inside a box under our Christmas tree, where it will be attacked by a kitten.

Stephen

Current Favorite Inks

Noodlers La Reine Mauve Noodlers Walnut

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KCat

• Dillo

• Slush99

• Johnny Appleseed

No chance of husband-Santa getting me a pen! :lol: :lol: He says I have too many (which is true :blush: ) and doesn't want to contribute to my addiction ( :rolleyes: I am much better now than I was a year ago )... All this means is that I have to be Santa-by-proxy for myself. Soooooo, I ordered an Eversharp CA ballpoint from Penhero.com that I hope to convert to take a modern ballpoint (not Bic, though) refill, as well as a snazzy new Penhero.com 2006 calendar for work :) (no affiliation---just a fan)

But it is more fun to see them open their presents if they don't know what they're getting. (which most of the folks in my family do) :blush:

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.

Begun, the Spam Wars Have.

How to Be a Perfect Lady: according to the media - a satire

The Adventures of Chewie

Upon returning from work the other day I asked my daughter (3 years old) what she did that day. She replied that she went shopping with Mommy to get Daddy a new pen  Gotta love 3 year olds!

I have to give my daughter credit - when she was 3 or so I asked her what she and mommy had done that day (I had a bit of an inkling it had been Christmas or Birthday shopping day - can't remember which). She looked me in the eye, gave me a big grin and said "Surprise". Last year I tried it on my son and he gave it away without a thought - but then he was only two-and-a-half.

No pens from Santa, I suspect, unless my Brother brought one back from his trip to Hong Kong and Buhtan. My wife thinks I have too many - which I do. I might hint to my parents about a few repair tools, however.

John

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

Note to Karin: Please post your thoughts on the raw ebonite Danitrio when you get it. I also got one with a stub nib, and I am completely delighted with it.

As for pens for Christmas, yes I am getting three. In all three cases, others have asked me to locate a pen I want and they will pay for it. I am really anal about not wasting others' money, so I do a lot of thinking about my choices. One gift giver specified that he wanted to get me a "good quality Mony Blanc" for Christmas. I am not a big MB fan, but I shopped and found a nice used MB 146 with a lovely stub nib that I assume is customized. I have it in hand as a Saint Nicklaus Day gift (a German custom I got from my family). The pen does write really very well.

For my November birthday, my mother gave me an Etruria/Swisher crakced ice pen with the 1.1 mm italic nib I love so much. The pen cost enough that she said it must do for Christmas as well. And so it shall do, very nicely.

Another gift giver allowed me to order another Danitrio. I was going to get a second raw ebonite in a size other than the "Densho" I already have when I found an unexpected radical discount on discontinued "roiro-migaki" (laquer) "Takumi" (MB 149-size pen) from good ol' "winedoc," no affiliation. That pen is on order in a rich dark red with another Dani stub nib.

I intend to spend the cold, frozen weeks of winter in early 2006 enjoying these great gifts. It will be a while before I feel the need to buy any more pens. Maybe I will focus on inks and paper for the pens.

Hmmmmm., I think I may have robbed Santa before Christmas this year, so no pens for this Christmas :blush: But pPerhaps a pen box? :lol: And some inks are on the way.