Santa gonna bring you a new pen?

tooloose-letrek

It's that time of year and some of us receive gifts. I'm planning on my usual stock pile of coal, but was wondering if Santa is going to be giving you the gift of write? Did any of you find suspicious boxes and packages packed away where you know that Santa's helper usually hides gifts?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KCat

• Dillo

• Slush99

• Johnny Appleseed

No, but I bought half a dozen Sheaffer Javelins from PenHero.com to use a stocking stuffers for the rest of the family :P

Bill

I asked for the Aurora Ipsilon Blue Satin fountain pen with a fine nib. I have been a pretty good boy this year, so I hope to see it under the tree!

Definitely not getting a pen. I didn't ask for one, and have not bought any pens this year. Of course, I wouldn't turn down a gift pen per se, and if asked what pen I'd like, I'd probably say another VP. ;) Do I say that often enough here? Maybe I should put it in my sig.

Never lie to your dog.

Hi,

I would have liked a few more pens, but...Someone in my family decided to have me send of Katrine-my Waterman 3V to Daniel Kircheimer for trim restoration. :)

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

I am getting a Vanishing Point in blue carbonesque if I continue to be good. The only reason I know is that my wife asked what I wanted, and then asked me to assist in getting it at a good price. She's very practical. It will still be something to look forward to on Christmas Day because I have not seen it and it is still in the shipping box (from Oscar Braun Pens).

Edited by Oso

not this year - it's my hope to buy one in January out of my own pocket (so to speak) but hubby wants us to buy us a gift and get some good speakers for the new house. We'd been operating off of 25 y.o. (at least) speakers for 15 years.

so... no pens. I'll be giving a few as stocking stuffers.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

I don't think I'm getting one, but I have plans to drop several under people's trees for Twelfth Night presents. Probably Javelins and Preludes and Phileases -- a couple of people I know have expressed interest in fountain pens, and since I sortakindamaybeoughta look at my collection and see which pens I actually use, and which I could give away or sell, I shall live vacariously through buying pens for other people.

A gnome called the Amazon wishlist revealed to me that I might be getting a Lamy Safari Vista for Christmas. (Aside: I don't think that I realized that after you made a wishlist you couldn't go look at it again, because the things that aren't on there will clue you in to what has already been bought. A bit of a letdown, but at least I don't know *who* got me what.)

Upon returning from work the other day I asked my daughter (3 years old) what she did that day. She replied that she went shopping with Mommy to get Daddy a new pen :P Gotta love 3 year olds! I had actually informed my wife of a few models when she asked me for gift ideas. We'll see what she and my daughter picked out.

Sean

It's that time of year and some of us receive gifts.  I'm planning on my usual stock pile of coal, but was wondering if Santa is going to be giving you the gift of write?  Did any of you find suspicious boxes and packages packed away where you know that Santa's helper usually hides gifts?

Well Pam Braun has grey Centennial Mosaics on sale and I think that I can put together the proper emails so it will be a painless pen gift to be given.

The last time I got a pen was about 7 years ago a MB rollerball because in a panic I pointed at one in a Levenger's catalog!:lol:

Kurt H

Edited by Tytyvyllus

Upon returning from work the other day I asked my daughter (3 years old) what she did that day. She replied that she went shopping with Mommy to get Daddy a new pen :P

the joke in my family goes back to before my birth - my sister (had to be less than 4 y.o.) said "I'm not gonna tell you that Mommy got you a new ladder for Christmas."

My husband had taken great pride the past 4 years in picking out something for me that was completely unexpected and in some cases, extravagant. The first such gift was actually only $35. But is one of my most cherished for too many reasons to go further OT here. A Polartec fleece throw from Land's End with my initials.

he's only bought me little pens that are cute - preferably with cats or dogs on them - for some reason I'm not able to come up with the word to describe the concept.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

My Parents wanted to get me a pen for Christmas so they asked me to pick one out. I sent away for one of the Sheaffer Balance pens on sale at Platinumpens.com. I hope I like it :D

Bryan

http://static.flickr.com/21/28891892_80d902777e_t.jpg

My wife got me an early Christmas present when she scored a nice black Sheaffer Triumph White Dot lever-filler (early 1940s, belonged to a Vermont doctor) in a lot of pens that came up at a local auction. It's over at Richard Binder's right now getting restored.

My present to myself has been a Cobalt Glow Balance II, a bunch of Esties and a Duofold "Little Red."

Why postpone joy (or count on Santa)?

Got a pen as a grad present to self :D and one coming from Santa :D :D .

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Hi,

This year, I gave plenty of presents to people, so this christmas, instead of opening gifts, I can sit back and watch the happy faces of my family as they open their gifts. :)

Christmas is about giving and most importantly...(Ask southpaw about this one. :) or PM me. )

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Wellllllll, since I don`t celebrate Christmas, but luv presents, I guess Winedoc will be my Santa. Densho raw ebonite with a stub nib on the way. :P

And then I have a lovely rabbit pen gift from a wonderful friend that should be arriving soon. More precious than the Namiki :D

:bunny1: :bunny1:

Fountain Pen Abundance

I swore I wasn't going to but I went and bought a Sensa Meridian fountain pen from Levenger. It was on sale for 50% off! I'm not made of stone! I put a few suggestions on my list just so my mom would stop complaining.

I'm looking forward more to when my mom gets her birthday gifts Thursday and when everyone else gets their Christmas presents in a few weeks. Dillo's right, sometimes it is more fun to watch people open their presents.

Sometimes I write things (as of 2013

http://katesplace7.wordpress.com/