Registration on the Fountain Pen Network
Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.
Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Cafť Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Posted 14 March 2008 - 15:42
The pen feels very sturdy in the hand even more then the Parker 51.
It is a button filler. In my eyes Parkerís Button filler is one of the more successful and reliable filers made. It is not as sexy as the Vacumatic but it is more reliable and simple to fix.
The pen holds a lot of ink and for me is good for more then a week worth of normal writing (almost as much as a piston filler capacity).
The nib is a common GF steel F nib but I was surprised to learn that this is one of the smoothest nibs I own and is very wet. It starts immediately and will start writing with no hesitation even after few weeks of sitting idle. This always is at the top of my writers list and every so often I will take it for a spin and enjoy its wonderful characteristics. The pen isnít heavy, itís about the same weight as a Parker 51 and to me feels similar to the 51 in the hand. I need to add that the nib doesnít feel at all like the 51 just the body in the hand.
For the price of this pen I would say people that looks for a great and reliable vintage pen to use everyday and donít want to spend too much money this pen is worth a second look.
Posted 14 March 2008 - 22:12
Posted 18 March 2008 - 13:10
Posted 18 March 2008 - 14:05
Posted 18 March 2008 - 14:34
The nib is gold ? Are you sure ?
Thats news to me but good news.