Do you own multiple pens of the same model?

TMann

Lots o' Parkers and Esties and Sheaffers, oh my...

Not counting BPs and MPs, I have for multiples:

5 Parker 45s

2 Parker 61s

2 Duofold Jrs.

2 Javelins

2 Balance IIs

4 NNs

3 Js

2 LJs

2 CA101s

7 Cartridge/School pens

3 Triumph Imperials

Plus four Hero 329s and two Waterman Phileas

When you like a pen, you tend to want more of them (especially if you are afflicted with Estie Mania, as I have been lately).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KCat

• Velma

• Larry T

• Blade Runner

LOL...alright. I feel much better about myself now. And for Richard and Antonios...you folks are very much in a different category than the rest of us. :D

I guess that I am just fine owning more than one pen of a given model, if I am going to be using them all. I don't like owning a pen that I'm never going to use. But we've had THAT discussion before, so let's not get into it again here. :)

TMann

I have two R0tring Rivettes, both with M nibs. Three Wearever Pennants - one a medium, one a fine semiflex, and one a custom medium cursive italic. Two Wearever, um, crud, forgot the name... button fillers, both with really, really, really wet medium nibs. Two Esterbrook Js, one in red, the other gray. Two Sheaffer Junior Balances, both with medium-fine 14K nibs. Two Sheaffer touchdowns, one with a #5 Feathertouch, and the other with a medium steel nib. Two old Sheaffer school pens, one a fine italic and one a medium cursive italic... or maybe the other way around. :)

The Rotring is as indestructible, no-frill a FP as was ever made, and writes incredibly smooth. The first one was such an incredible writing experience, I had to get another. The Gray Estie was my first decent lever-filler, and I liked the superfine nib (1550) and the pen size so much I got a second one, in red (and later a red Dollar Pen, as well), with different nibs. The Wearevers are neat, larger pens, and I was intrigued by the button filler, so when I got a second one in a lot of several pens, it stayed. The Junior Balances just happened; as far as I'm concerned, Sheaffer pretty much got it perfect back around '37. I have a vac, but have never gotten around to having it restored, or fixing it myself; as far as I'm concerned, it's just a Balance with more things to go wrong. :D I got a restored touchdown silly cheap, and it's not bad; the filling mechanism was novel, simple, and convenient enough that I sought out a second, and restored it. The school pens just kinda showed up with other pens, and were good subjects to practice nib grinding on. :)

Hi

I have

Lamy Vista (B nib)

Lamy Vista (LH nib)

Lamy Safari (MK nib)

Parker Vector (M nib)x2

This is it

Emrecan

Greetings from İstanbul

the pen is in my avatar is LAMY Studio Palladium 14K

I have some duplicate models, but with different color or material and different nibs, so they aren't identical.

In a way, you could say all my pens are trying to duplicate the magic of my first fp. :lol:

J

I have an all silver Hero 100 already and I really want to buy the burgundy version on it as well, but I'm really debating my levelheadedness in doing so.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Yes, I admit it, I have too many pens. Please don't tell my wife. :blush:

4 Parker Sonnets

4 Sheaffer Preludes

3 Sheaffer Balances

3 Hero 100's

4 Waterman Carenes

3 Waterman Phileas's

3 Pelikan 200's

3 Filcao Forevers

2 Diplomat Classics

2 Cross Townsends

2 Cross Century II's

All are different colors with assorted nibs. I'm sure that there are more, I just can't remember any others right now.

Larry

Larry, admitting you have a problem is the first step. Telling your wife is the second. You can do it. Come clean and just slip it casually into conversation "I have too many pens" at which point she will smile and respond "Of course you do." Then it will be off your conscience and you can start whittling that mass of pens down to a manageable/usable size. Or increasing it until you need an addition to your house.

It worked for me. I just said it and she just nodded like she already knew it was true. :)

Yes, I admit it, I have too many pens. Please don't tell my wife. :blush:

4 Parker Sonnets

4 Sheaffer Preludes

3 Sheaffer Balances

3 Hero 100's

4 Waterman Carenes

3 Waterman Phileas's

3 Pelikan 200's

3 Filcao Forevers

2 Diplomat Classics

2 Cross Townsends

2 Cross Century II's

All are different colors with assorted nibs. I'm sure that there are more, I just can't remember any others right now.

Larry

Hi Larry,

You have the Hero 100's so is it not about time you got the real deal and bought a "51"? :D

Great collection though!

Jim

Obi Won WD40

Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert!

OK OK so I confess!! I AM AN ADDICT OK?

Current count:

10 Parker "51"s

4 Parker 61s

3 Parker Sonnets

1 Cross Solo

1 Osmiroid Caligraphy Pen

1 Rotring 2000 Isograph, well sorta fountain pen anyway

And a Cross Century II on the way

Oh and I want a very special Ti "51" Custom Flighter I heard about just yesterday!

Plus I am trying to get a 45 so that Dillon can Stub the nib for me and I must try a Pelikan one of these days.

And they all get used, the "51"s and the Sonnets maybe the most, nibs vary from Fine to Broad with a variety in between, colours and caps are many and various.

Got to go now, the nice nurse says it is time for my medication :doh:

Jim

Obi Won WD40

Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert!

Yes?

Pelikans: 5 M200/250's, 2 M400's, 4 M600/620's, 2 M75's

Senator Windsors: 2

Waterman Phileas: 2

Only 1 VP, but that is one pen I could have a dozen of! :)9

Edited by Leslie J.

Never lie to your dog.

5 Balance II's - 2 Jade, 2 classic black, 1 Aspen

3 Preludes - all in brushed chrome/GP finish

5 Frontiers - all in SS with GP trim

5 Frontiers - 3 matte black and 2 SS/GT

2 Parker 51's

With the exception of 1 Jade Balance with a B nib all the rest are medium nibs.

These seem to be my fav pens. I collect muliples of pens I like as it seems every time I find a pen I like it goes out of production and this will keep me going for years (such as both the Balances and Frontiers have gone out of production).

Glad to see I'm not alone.

Regards

Rowdy

Jim, I do have two Parker 51's, I just forgot to put them in the list. If I had to get rid of all my pens but one, the one I'd keep would be a 1950 forest green P51 with Lusterloy cap and fine nib. It WORKS every time I pick it up, regardless of how I've neglected it.

nmb, She knows. My lovely lady has added to my collection with birthday and Christmas gifts. She has even brought home a couple of handfuls of pens from antique stores and flea markets. She found me an early 1900's A.A. Waterman's red mottled hard rubber self filler for $25!

I also came up with a few more for the list:

2 Parker 51's

2 Namiki(Pilot) VP's

5 Sheaffer Imperials

Larry

Senator Windsors: 2

Waterman Phileas: 2

oops... me, too. 2 of each. forgot. :)

did you see the new VPs that Taki posted about on PT (VP decimo)? They're slightly smaller/narrower than the original. Which is really irritating because I have assured myself that my next pen is a 1911M in yellow which I really do want but but but...

they're pretty cool looking, IMO.

you really should have more VPs. :)

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

This topic somewhat hinges on the definition of what a different model is. I would say a Pelikan 200 is a different model from a Pelikan 400. An Esterbrook J is a different model from an Esterbrook Doller pen. But is an SJ and a J as the same model or different? What about a Sheaffer Balance and Balance Jr? Or all the different sizes of balances and vacumatics?.

Either way, Antonios, you can't count 25 flat tops from different makers as the same model (though we get the idea) ;) .

Anyway, my own list (not counting parts pens or those that are up for sale)

Sheaffer Balance - 5, with 4 more in the restoration pile

Sheaffer Vac-fillers/Triumphs - 2 with 1 in restoraition

Sheaffer Touchdowns - 2 (1 wide, 1 TM, if those can be considered the same model).

Snorkels 2, with 2 more in the restoration pile.

A Parker Duofold Streamiline Button filler and a 1948 Vacumatic duofold, which are such different pens that I have trouble considering the same model.

2 vacumatics

Several hard rubber Waterman, that break out as:

3 Waterman 12s

1 Waterman 13

1 Waterman 14VPSF

4 Waterman 52s

2 Waterman 52Vs

1 Waterman 54

Here is where I am not sure about models - is a 13 the same model as a 12? (the only difference is the nib). 54 and 52 are the same way - exact same pens with different nibs. And the difference between a 14PSF and a 54 is just a change in number designation.

John

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

IF you have two copies of the same model pen and they are different colors, are they 'really' duplicates? What about if the nibs are different? Heh heh - just looking for an angle I suppose.

Duplicate models:

Out of 16 Esties these are the duplicates:

4 SJs

2 LJs

2 Transitional Js

4 CH purse pens

3 Reform piston fillers (I'm not aware of a model name or #)

6 Rotring Art Pens

2 Pelikan M 200s

3 Platignum Silverlines

2 Lamy "Safari types" Vista & Flame

6 Osmiroid 75s

3 Osmiroid 65s

10 Sheaffer NoNonsense

Metal capped Sheaffer school pens:

2 flat tops

3 conical ended

10 bullet ended

My other 30 or so pens are all different models of various brands...So I guess my answer to the question is: I like to accumulate BOTH duplicates and single models! :D I detect another mini-collection trend among my pens--17 are demonstrators. :)

Ann

A few that come to mind:

Sheaffer Balance: 16 (incl. 1 modern)

Sheaffer Triumphs: 2

Sheaffer Tuckaways: 3

Sheaffer Snorkels: 5

Sheaffer Craftsman: 4

Sheaffer Imperials: 6

Sheaffer Crest: 2 (incl. 1 modern)

Sheaffer "No Nonsense" pens: 14

(a lot of Sheaffer chrome-topped school pens in various colours)

Wahl vintage "all-metal" ringtop fountain pens: 4

Esterbrook 'J ' model: 4

Parker Vacumatics: 2

Wahl-Eversharp Dorics: 2

" " Skylines: 2

Wearever Deluxe '100': 3

Edited by Maja