Taccia Staccato

patrickrhone

Waterman cartridges work well with this pen. I am not so adventurous as to turn it into an ED. The Waterman cartridges are also available at most office supply stores.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deirdre

• Kakaze

• John Cullen

• ArPharazon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isellpens.com is closing out the Taccia Line. Prices will be slashed today so

check my site soon for a great buy on my remaining stock. I also will be selling the spare nibs and feeds. So, for you Taccia owner's it might not be a bad idea to buy an extra as they may be hard to find in the future as less dealer's now sell this line.

I picked up a Molteni Curukova (a Taccia Staccato with a Bexley 18k nib) on ebay for $152.50. It is a wonderful pen to use. I like almost any pen with a Bexley fine or medium, 14k or 18k nib. I also like medium to large pens. Taccia makes some very good looking pens for a moderate price.

I bought a couple of Taccias for my daughter with the steel nibs and they are a pleasure to use as well.

First Richard Binder now Todd is dropping the line. Wonder what the issue is? However given the repair experience I had lately with Taccia I am not surprised. Increasingly I am moving away from these lesser known brands simply due to the relatively short life the brands are seeming to have.

I have an Adante that was DOA. The pen will not pull up any ink. A POS in my opinion. I will send it out to Taccia and maybe get it back in 90 days. I will save my money in the future. Never have had any problems with Pelikan, Mont Blanc, Namiki or Lamy. The only pen I would ever consider buying now that is not major is Bexley.

I picked up a Molteni Curukova (a Taccia Staccato with a Bexley 18k nib) on ebay for $152.50.

I thought the Moltenis were made by Bexley?

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

I picked up a Molteni Curukova (a Taccia Staccato with a Bexley 18k nib) on ebay for $152.50.

I thought the Moltenis were made by Bexley?

The Molteni came in a Bexley box, but the cap (with its jewel, clip and three cap bands) and the barrel (with its jewel, size and shape) are definitely Staccato. I have included a photo I hastily took tonight.

Not one to be the bearer of dark humor here,but seeing all the complaints about a particular Taccia pen in this thread--does

anyone get the (unintended)joke about the name and its consistent characteristic? :thumbup:

John

Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

Not one to be the bearer of dark humor here,but seeing all the complaints about a particular Taccia pen in this thread--does

anyone get the (unintended)joke about the name and its consistent characteristic? :thumbup:

Not until you pointed it out. Thanks for the smile. (I bought one anyway, since I'd been wanting a Taccia.)

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

I've been giving my Taccia Staccato a workout this week and kept having the same issues. I got out my loupe and found that my new pen had one nib tine with the tip missing!! No wonder! Well I have a turned pen that I bought a couple of years that looked to have the same IPG nib and swapped them out. Much better but after a long writing session I was getting dry out again. The converter is plastic and you can look at the ink in it when you tilt it back and forth and see the bubble sticking up at the opening. OK tried the Ammonia/Water trick and the bubble still seemed to stay at the opening even with water, so I tried the dishwashing soap / water trick and it seems to be much better. I have been writing so far with no skipping. Anyone have the same problem with the nib tine on their Staccato? I wonder if Taccia would send me a new one? What other nib units will screw into a Staccato??

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...mp;#entry599530

think, taccia and conklin all use the same schmidt nib units.

Don't let the guy with the broom decide how many elephants are going to be in the parade. - Merlin Mann

• 5 months later...
Gack! I'd just recently talked myself out of a Staccato because it's too large for my hand. Your photo of the Lunar Blue has re-awakened the pen-lust for the Staccato. Not only that, but now I want the black and red ebonite and the Lunar Blue. :bonk:

Don

FWIW, the Staccato is a counterintuitively light pen for its size and shape. I'm fairly small-handed (being 5 ft. 1 inch tall and having two X chromosomes) and still find it very comfortable to use.

• 10 months later...

Hi Patric

Nice review of Taccia Staccato. I was just wondering- I have heard a complain about this pen that the ink dries very quickly. Have you encountered any problem as such?

Did you see the green and black ebonite Staccato at Swisher? Beautiful. I'd like this material in a smaller pen (M6xx size).

Stephen

The webpage cannot be found

HTTP 404

Most likely causes:

•There might be a typing error in the address.

•If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Go to and look for the information you want.

More information

would like to see it, any ideas to locate? Thx

Isellpens.com is closing out the Taccia Line. Prices will be slashed today so

check my site soon for a great buy on my remaining stock. I also will be selling the spare nibs and feeds. So, for you Taccia owner's it might not be a bad idea to buy an extra as they may be hard to find in the future as less dealer's now sell this line.

As of August, I think he unclosed it.........

YMMV

• 1 month later...

October 2009 Update

I received a new Staccato in Lunar Blue from the now revitalized catalog on isellpens.com. The pen is as fantastic in appearance as the original review indicates. A long pen, but perfectly balance and light. I am happy to report that all feed issues have been fully addressed, and the pen is smooth and consistent through long periods of writing. Taccia does wonders with their steel nibs. This could easily match any number of pens costing 4+ times as much!