The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Review of the Romet Europa

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RobbS

RobbS

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:17

100_0919.JPG

Here is my review of the Romet (pronounced Romay) Europa, Medium nib, in gray and amber. In preparing for the review I have chosen Aurora blue as appropriate for an Italian fountain pen. Upon filling the converter, the heft of the body allows you to spin it onto the section with a flick of the fingers; nice!
After a cursory inspection itís pen to paper. Romet rightfully chose a gorgeous Schmidt two-toned steel nib assembly. Smooth with great flow, and a touch of flex at a shallow writing angle. My preference would be for a broad nib in a big pen like this, but the medium is the better choice for general writing on a daily basis.
The finger section is deep set, with good girth. The gray and amber coloring is very rich and tricks the eye as you turn it around. It catches the light differently, and then changes effect at night.
The pen also has good heft with heavy body end cap and heavy cap crown. Some might perceive it as top heavy, with the cap posted. A big pen like this must have the cap posted for full effect. I feel the heft helps settle the pen into the vee of your hand for relaxed writing. But the body is long enough to write with the cap set aside.
Posting the cap also allows you to admire the clean lines of the clip, the gold lionís head relief logo set into the cap crown. The clip easily passes the pocket-test, as it slides in and out, while holding securely, but not grabbing any threads. Pulling the pen from the pocket yields a satisfying click.
Materials, finishes, colors, well thought out design, and style are truly in keeping with the finest makes I have reviewed. There is a narrow gold band between the end cap and the body. There is another narrow band that secures the clip to the cap. And the rounded formal Romet signature ring near the base of the cap.
I often enjoy just holding a pen while contemplating an assignment or task, and this is a nicely weighted large pen that is fun to heft and contemplate.

Edited by blueisthenewblack, 02 March 2008 - 01:19.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

|