The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Noodler's Baystate Blue - comprehensive review

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 Xqmano

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 August 2014 - 19:55

This reminds me I have a large bottle of this ink that hasn't been used in a while. Makes me want to fill something up with it again. :)

Instagram: @fountainpensnorway

Sponsored Content

#62 DaveBj

Viking Pen Wielder

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 August 2014 - 21:09

Oh, what a relief! Now you know, what BSB is all about, and it's good to hear that you like it.

Yeah, I've got some other blue samples to try, but I may wind up getting myself a bigger bottle of this.

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick.  --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross Solo M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 M, Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables refillables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Pilot MR, Noodler's Ahab 1.1 stub, another Preppy 0.3, Preppy EF 0.2, ASA Sniper F, Click Majestic F, Kaweco Sport M, Pilot Prera F, Baoer 79 M (fake Starwalker), Hero 616 M (fake Parker), Jinhao X750 Shimmering Sands M . . .

31 and counting :D

#63 Dickkooty2

That Dick in Hood River

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2015 - 00:19

I thought I'd give this older post on Noodler's Baystate Blue, which seems to be the definitive review, a shot for a question rather than a new post on an old topic.

I like the blues but I am not an ink guy. I try to collect primarily representative samples of Pelikan/Pelikano and other black German pen brands from the 50's - 60's. I have Pelikan Koenigs Blau and a blue/black, a straight-leg blue. and a very nice Holy Mackeral Sapphire Blue.

I gather from the above observations that it is probably a good idea to have a dedicated pen for the Baystate saturated blue.

I have just ordered a Jinhao 450 for 74¢ including shipping. Before I order a bottle (probably the 3oz size) of Baystate Blue:

•  Do you inksters think that this will be a good working combination?

(at 74¢, I'm not too concerned if the pen isn't the right one, or staining, if it is)

Sponsored Content