Serenite in Cocobolo Wood- Withdrawn From Sale

eczerwonka

For Sale: Waterman Serenite fountain pen in Cocobolo Wood. On Hold waiting on approval from "the boss"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/ebud/pen/watserall.jpg

Used only one time by my wife to write several wedding thank you cards in 2004.

It was out of the box to be looked at maybe once before that and maybe once after that.

It doesn't have a serial number, only the number 2 written on one end in red. This is how it was given by Waterman to the studio I worked at back in Chicago a few years ago. It was then given to me once the Waterman project was finished.

I've seen prices range from the upper hundereds to a thousand plus, but since this has been used once and isn't numbered I would hate to even guess what to ask. I don't know pens so I do not know what it's really worth since it is not numbered and it was used once. I asked in the Waterman forum to no avail. My wife wants to keep it so I can't give it away. I guess make a reasonable offer based on what they've gone for before?

If you are interested send me an email or a pm. I'm in the Orlando area if anyone living close would like to take a look at it.

Here is a link below for pics. I can take more if needed.

Pictures of the pen and box

Edited by eczerwonka

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eczerwonka

• gyv

• jonro

• Jarno

Top Posters In This Topic

WELCOME TO FPN!!!

Question: Is the nib an M or an F? If yes,

I am offering 425 usd for your Sérénité--(I should get a discount because

l know how to spell and pronounce Sérénité.;))

I'll tell you later today how I arrived at this number.

Cheers,

Gerard

Thanks for the replys. I've been sent about 4 offers I need to get back to people about. Like I mentioned to those folks. My idea of what it's worth is probably waaaay over inflated based on what I've seen some sold for new and used. My wife thinks it's too pretty to sell, so I may just keep it in the end, but for those who have contacted me so far I will get back to you again in a day or so.

I would like to hear how you arrived at that number. It seems probably right, but like most people who are sellers they always want or expect more I suppose :)

Edited by eczerwonka

My wife thinks it's too pretty to sell...

... and she is probably right!

An unsollicited advice, if I may: Don't sell the pen. Never a good idea to upset the wife, even for a bunch of Benjamen Franklins. Believe me. I am married for 32 years and I learned that lesson the hard way. Several times (I am a slow learner). You told us your wife wrote thank you notes with that pen. Now the pen aleady carries happy memories (your own wedding?), that is another reason to keep it.

Just an unsollicited advice---those come for free.

Good luck!

-Gerard

$425 is a steal for this pen... Regular versions go for that kind of money on ebay and normally more.... The European market gives the best prices on Watermans...

Looks like my Cocobolo pool cue. Nice wood, but its poisonous--so I hope there's a good finish on it.

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

My wife thinks it's too pretty to sell...

... and she is probably right!

An unsollicited advice, if I may: Don't sell the pen. Never a good idea to upset the wife, even for a bunch of Benjamen Franklins. Believe me. I am married for 32 years and I learned that lesson the hard way. Several times (I am a slow learner). You told us your wife wrote thank you notes with that pen. Now the pen aleady carries happy memories (your own wedding?), that is another reason to keep it.

Just an unsollicited advice---those come for free.

Good luck!

-Gerard

Well you all talked me out of it :( I think I might have been to scared to mail it off anyway.

Sorry to the few people who were nice enough to pm me and make an offer or ask me for a price.

It's one of those things I would never actually buy myself due to the price, and it's one of the few "nice" things I own that wasn't made to be disposable. I think years from now I'll probably be glad I kept it, even if it only makes me remember our wedding thank you cards :) I'll just never use it much (which may be a good thing) and thought it was going to waste. That and I thought I might be able to get a small fortune for it based on the old prices I've seen, lol. I really did think it might be worth more, especially since I cannot find many current sales online. I'm not strapped for cash, but the thought of selling something I look at once a year and never use for a silly price was and still is tempting.

Maybe the next time I break it out I might actually make a point to use it occasionally and come back here for advice on how to care for it.

And about the tip? I have no idea what kind of tip it has tbh. I may look tomorrow and look up the difference. I honestly wouldn't know the difference if I had both types in my hand :(

Again, I'm sorry if this felt like one big tease, I'm pretty clueless about this pen as you can see. Must drive some of you nuts :)

Thanks for the info and the advice.