Real mysterious vintage capless pens from Japan

Epictete92

Hello dear friends,

Talking about capless and Japan, i thought that they were launched in the 60's.Before that, there were pens like Météore Pullman ( France ) ans Aurora Asterope ( Italy )..but..what about those ones?

One is in silver and the other is gold filled, if you twist the end of the barrel you open the "window" and the you have to push the button to get the nib out.

You can use this pen with or without its cap.

Imprints:patent n°45459(or 3).3 (or 9)6099.

and registered "The Capless".

I someone can help me to solve this mystery, thank you.

Best regards

Jean Elie

post-1871-1203542199_thumb.jpg

post-1871-1203542211_thumb.jpg

post-1871-1203542221_thumb.jpg

post-1871-1203542235_thumb.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Epictete92

• stan

• Leigh R

• rroossinck

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Different company. 1920s Japanese.

Saw pens like that before. On here or at PT, there is a poster named DocNib who has/had some.

stan

Formerly Ryojusen Pens
The oldest and largest buyer and seller of vintage Japanese pens in America.

Member: Pen Collectors of America & Fuente, THE Japanese Pen Collectors Club

Saw pens like that before. On here or at PT, there is a poster named DocNib who has/had some.

Hello Stan,

Arigatô gozaimasu,great informations.

I bought them from Doc :-)

Best

Jean Elie

Hello,

Thank you all very much for your feedback, my favorite nib is the one on the silvered capless, i do know if this nib is from the 20's but the fact is that it is a flexible nib very pleasant to use to write.I don't have big fingers so the barrel size is perfect for me to write with ( 13 cm long about, 1 cm large about ).

Best

Jean Elie

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Stan,

Arigatô gozaimasu,great informations.

I bought them from Doc :-)

Best

Jean Elie

Hi Jean Elie!

I'm glad you're pleased with this pair of obscure "Capless" beauties! After the long, strange trip they had, to France then back to me & then back to France (one of those long "can't believe" stories about International travel via the Postal Service...have to relate this tale someday on FPN!)...I'm sleeping much better now!

So far, no concrete info has been found on the two pens, even with the Patent Nos., which just don't seem to be in any data base. Ron Dutcher in Japan was going to try & get some info on these Pat. Nos., but explained that the Japanese system had been changed or converted to a new numbering system after a certain date & that these pens were from before the change-over. So, like a needle in a haystack, finding Patent info on earlier Japanese items isn't as easy as it sounds.

I dated the pens from around the late-20's (1929 or possibly even 1930) from the styling of the pen and from the nib on the Silver pen, but the Gold-Filled version has an early 50's replacement nib with the "JIS" symbol on it. No matter what, these are two very unusual pens, very cool mechanisms & feeds and were a pleasure to own for a number of years. I'm glad they found a great home!

Enjoy Jean Elie!

Best,

DOC

PS--I will have to tell the story of their journey to you someday...I've never lost sleep over a shipment before, but this one kept me awake numerous nights (All's Well That Ends Well!)!

Edited by DocNib