Elysee pens?

foxtail1

Why can't I seem to find any such deals around here? I've had a quite jaunt through a UT book store, and I didn't see any pens for sale. :huh:

I checked all three college bookstores in my town. One had nothing (though I remember once they carried fps). The second had two (old!) Lamy Safaris in white for $7.50 ea. Both were in the box, with the converters but no papers, and both had been inked! It took me forever to get them clean.

The final bookstore was the treasure trove of Elysees. I hated to leave the RB and BPs there- the finishes are so lovely- and there were easily a dozen of them.

So here is what we do. We comission foxtail to go out on a treasure hunt once or twice a month then she sales to us at a cut rate deal.

$7.50 for a Safari??????? I would jump all over that if it was just loose on the shelf. :thumbup:

Well, I did jump on them. So now I have 2 white Safaris (I don't really like white pens!), 4 Elysees, and a Shaeffer Javelin. I'll probably sell one Safari and 2-3 Elysees...must make money to continue to buy pens! :D

Kristi

My photos on Flickr

Ask me about my purple pen addiction.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• foxtail1

• satrap

• superfly

• EventHorizon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is funny!

I found some ballpoints when I emptied my office-bag yesterday. One of them was an old Elysee I have for more than 20 years. Didn't even know the whereabouts of this ballpoint ....

Really a blast from the past... :-)

I bought my Elysee at least 15 years ago or more...

It's a Damascene Globetrotter, thanks to oldschoolpens.com I know it's name now ... ;-)

Lovely piece of work but a little bit too slim for me.

My never ending pleasure are the many Lamy Safari's I've collected over the years and an old Herlitz Tornado XL

for everyday work.

See ya,

Esther.

Really a blast from the past... :-)

I bought my Elysee at least 15 years ago or more...

It's a Damascene Globetrotter, thanks to oldschoolpens.com I know it's name now ... ;-)

Lovely piece of work but a little bit too slim for me.

My never ending pleasure are the many Lamy Safari's I've collected over the years and an old Herlitz Tornado XL

for everyday work.

See ya,

Esther.

I had to look up Herlitz Tornado XL. Never heard of that one! They look like fun pens!

Kristi

My photos on Flickr

Ask me about my purple pen addiction.

• 3 months later...

They are very good pens in general, but, though the nibs all look the same, they can be different from pen to pen. A local office supply store on the island of Aruba was selling them out with 70-80% discount on 1990 prices some two years ago (they are all gone now) which gave me the chance to buy 11 of them, Bi-Color 18K M, Trajan brown 18 K M, Trajan blue 18 K B, Lacque clasique 18 K M,

Edition 1 18 K M, Edition 2 18 K M, Finesse 18 K M, Lacque leather green 14 K M, Lacque laether brown 14 K OB and two barleycorns, silver and gold plated (or colored), the gold one M, the silver one F. There is no further indication on the nib of the last two, but I assume it's gold plated steel. The gold color on the nib of the silver barleycorn however seemed to desolve in ink and has almost completely disappeared. Only one of these came with a converter. I had some Schneider converters, but they cannot be used in these pens. They fit in the section, but the converter seems to be too thick and gets stuck in the barrel. As Penhero warns for corrosion (http://www.penhero.com/PenGallery/Elysee/Elysee.htm) of the plating of the section ring, I decided to use cartriges only (I refill them with a syringe).

Edited by afruba