The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Tibaldi Modello 60

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 klemenv

klemenv

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 18:34

First of all, these are my first digital pictures, and I have to apologize for bad focus.

I have received my Modello 60 from Robert Dubois, who is great gentelman and I highly recomend him.

Tibaldi Modello 60 is big pen. Abount 1cm longer than Omas Paragon or Parker Duofold and about same diameter as Duofold.

Posted Image

One thing that is striking on Modello 60 is celluloid. It is gorgeous. Pictures on internet don't do justice to it. It looks like dark green / light green combination. But in fact, there is beatifull blue cobalt colour that sometimes looks cobalt blue and sometimes dark green. It really depens on angle. Second colour is gorgeous pearl ivory colour that goes to dark vanila. Ivory part is shiny. On pictures you may get feeling regarding deepness and shine pearl effect.

Posted Image

I got Extra Fine nib that is probably between extra fine and fine. For EF nib, it is very smooth. Very nice nib. Not a flexy, not soft, but neither firm. Just right.

Pen is piston filler. It takes tons of ink. Celluloid is translucent, so I am trying to stay away from PR and Noodler inks. Whichever ink I take, it writes without any problem.

Flow is good. Even with fast writting, for example taking notes at University, there are no problems.

Posted Image

As of value, this pen used to retail for 850 euro's. I don't thing that is worth that kind of money. But at current eBay prices, it is a steal.

Appearance: 5 nibs
Finish: 4,5 nibs
Material: 5 nibs
Filling mechanism: 4,5 nibs
Nib: 5 nibs
Writting: 5 nibs

Sponsored Content

#2 davyr

davyr

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 20:50

thanks for the fine review, klemenv! those italians sure know how to make a beautiful celluloid pen. i also admire your arco...i have the same one. do you do all your math work in ink? nibs for a rating system - brilliant. :lol:
"i love the smell of celluloid nitrate in the morning...you know, the smell, that camphor smell, it smells like...victory."

#3 klemenv

klemenv

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 21:57

All math is in ink. I have made BSc in Physics using my father's Pelikan 140. This January I bough myself Arco, but found it too expensive to carry it around. So I have bought Tibaldi too.

#4 emrecan

emrecan

Pleasure in writing.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 12:09

Hello klemenv
I have never heard any of this pen firm.But boy,it looks nice thanks for the review and pics

Emrecan
Greetings from İstanbul
the pen is in my avatar is LAMY Studio Palladium 14K

#5 Blade Runner

Blade Runner

Blade Runner

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,166 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2005 - 12:59

Thanks for showing it. It looks beautiful.
I also have never heard of Tidbaldi outside pen forums. Can you give us any information about Tibaldi, for example, their general reputation, where they are distributed for sale, etc.
Regards,
J

#6 southpaw

southpaw

Museum Piece

• Premium - Emerald

• 5,232 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 15:58

Wow! That's an incredibly beautiful pen in your pics (nice job on them, BTW), and your description of the celluloid is very tantalizing -- shame on you! :P But seriously, very nice review - thanks!
"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

#7 Maja

Maja

Fan of colourful pens

• FPN Hon. Admin

• 6,431 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 November 2005 - 16:06

Nice review, klemenv! I don't know how I missed reading it the first time around... :blush:

Yes, Italian pens are lovely.... :wub:
Vancouver (B.C) Pen Club (our website)

#8 klemenv

klemenv

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 17:42

Jeen,

Tibaldi went out of business several years ago. Robert Dubois from Belgium bought entire stock and he is best source for acquiring Tibaldi. Second option is buying from eBay. Write me an email, if you need his contact info.

So far I had no problems with the pen and Robert was more than helpfull.

Tibaldi nibs are very smooth. But as far as I know, there are only available in EF and F. Looks like B nibs have been sold out.

#9 avj73

avj73

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2006 - 03:47

I have a Tibalid Modello 60 in a Medium nib. It is by far my favorite writer. The one problem is an incredibly stiff piston filler. From what I have read, about half of the modello 60's out there seem to have the stiff piston problem. Notwithstanding the piston issue (you can work up a sweat filing the pen), it is a beautiful pen that writes very smooth.

#10 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,078 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2007 - 20:41

another nice tibaldi wink.gif I must start thinking of purchasing one.
Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Sponsored Content

|