What modern Waterman have you got?

Rique

What Waterman models have you got in your collection?  

300 members have voted

1. 1. What Waterman models have you got in your collection?

• Phileas / Kultur
    • Hemisphère
    • Expert / Expert II
    • Harley-Davidson
    • Laureat
    • L´Étalon
    • Carène
    • Sérénité
    • Edson
    • Liaison
    • Preface
    • Ici et Lá

Hi,

Waterman will take about a month or so for repairs.

Dillon

argh! It was a completely new pen that I didn't even really get a chance to use yet too! The lady on the phone said about 2 weeks after they receive it, so crossing my fingers. I can't wait to get it back and use it!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rique

• marklavar

• Dillo

• Glenn-SC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks everyone for the replies! It seems Waterman is doing very well, with the help of us FPNs...

Here are the counts until now, ordered according to number of votes:

Phileas/Kultur - 14

Expert - 9

Carène - 7

Edson - 5

Liaison - 5

Ici et Lá - 4

Laureat - 3

Hemisphère - 3

Préface - 2

L´Étalon - 2

Man 200 - 2

Charleston - 2

Harley-Davidson - 1

Exception - 1

Gentleman - 1

Executive - 1

Allure - 1

Lady Agatha - 1

Audace - 1

Man 100 - 1

I´m surprised at the number of models you mentioned - I didn´t know there were that many. Other surprises:

- No Sérénité! No one mentioned the top of line, a pen that has been mentioned very frequently at FPN!

- Just one Harley Davidson! I´ve always thought Waterman made this one with an eye to the American market, but it seems it wasn´t such a success after all.

- Just two Charlestons, which I think is one of the most interesting designs in middle-of-range Waterman pens

Any comments?

regards,

Rique

Edited by Rique

In regular, on the road, use:

Expert II roller -- Oriental red lacquer (red marbled)

Expert II roller -- France Blue lacquer (blue marbled)

Expert II mechanical pencil -- Black lacquer

Home use:

Expert II EF Fountain pen -- Prussian green lacquer (green marbled)

In a box:

Phileas red marbled ball point pen and mechanical pencil set (received gift)

Louis

Ooops, I forgot about my blue/purpulish Phileas. it's a pen I don't use much.

I also have to Expert IIs, that I got new for $19.95 each B) , a blue and a green, both with the marble finish.

Two Phileases here - a green fine and a blue medium (that writes like a B imo) - and a green Patrician that's a bit too big and heavy for me to reach for it very often, though I do like how it writes.

"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini

Expert 2000 in slate blue that my wife got me back in, you guessed it, 2000 while on a trip to NY. It is a great writer and a pen I'll always keep in the stable as it is my only decent c/c fill pen. I have to admit that the weight has kept it from being in my pocket nonstop but perhaps I'll use it tomorrow just for old times sake!

A pen a day keeps the doctor away...

Parker "51" flighter; Parker 75 cisele; Conway Stewart Dandy Demonstrator; Aurora 88P chrome; Sailor Sapporo ; Lamy 2000; Lamy 27 double L; Lamy Studio; Pilot Murex; Pilot Sesenta (Red/Grey); Pilot Capless (black carbonesque); Pilot Custom 74 Demonstrator; Pilot Volex; Waterman Expert 2000 (slate blue)

I've got a few of Watermans: Expert II, Charleston, Phileas. Great pens.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/Apollo3000/es-canary-islands-flag1s.gif Bendita mi tierra guanche.

Hi

first ever fountain pen was a Carene, still love it but has the worst ink flow of all my pens. Also have two L'Etalon's, three Rhapsody's, a slim Goutee from the 80s and a Gentleman.

Agmn

I've got a Hemisphere FP/RB set which was my first FP. It's in a real cool red marble (identical to a paint job on a Pinarello I once saw :) ) It was a real workhorse until the gold plating on the nib started to peal off. :(

One of these days I'm going to buy a hemisphere in all stainless. :)

Best-

Brian

www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.

Hi, everyone. On the modern side, I own a Carène (which will shortly be on its way to Richard to be stubbed), a Phileas (whose looks I don't really care for, I have to say), two Kulturs, and a Graduation flighter (I'm pretty sure that's the name of the model...), a great school pen that sells for less than $15 over here in France and writes like a pen worth four times as much. On the vintage side, I have a CF handed down to me by my mother. I love the looks of the CF, but the F is just a bit too dry for me.

Most of my Watermans are inked right now, but as much as I want to, I just can't bring myself to liking them as much as some of my other pens. I'm hoping the pen I get back from Richard changes that.

Best,

David

Hi

I have just an Allure (blue finish of gradute) and im thinking to get a Carène :drool: that looks great.

Greetings from İstanbul

the pen is in my avatar is LAMY Studio Palladium 14K

I'm getting a Phileas for Christmas. Lovely fat pen. All the Watermans are lovely fat pens. Except the Ici Et la and the Audace. Those are lovely thin pens that are too thin for me.

~S /:) :drool:

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.

Begun, the Spam Wars Have.

How to Be a Perfect Lady: according to the media - a satire

The Adventures of Chewie

Other surprises:

- No Sérénité! No one mentioned the top of line, a pen that has been mentioned very frequently at FPN!

Hi Rique,

I've only just got to this thread, and I only assume that the others haven't come across it yet, but off the top of my head, I know that at least 4 of us own a Serenite - Denis Richard and cecidir own a black version each, and Hans Geelen and I own a cocobolo version each (this is my only Waterman, my wife sometimes uses the Kultur that she got as a souvenir).

G.

You can't always get what you want... but if you try sometimes... you just might find... you'll get what you need...

Thanks everybody for the replies! Here goes the latest counting: (I´m counting people, not pens; the 29 votes for Phileas mean 29 people own one or more Phileas pens)

Phileas / Kultur - 29 votes

Expert / Expert II - 19

Carène - 9

Edson - 8

Liaison - 7

Ici et Lá- 5

Laureat, L´Étalon, Charleston, Gentleman - 3 votes each

Sérénité, Executive, Man 200, Allure, Goutte - 2 votes each

Harley, Man 100, Audace, Exception, Patrician, Rhapsody, Graduation, Agatha - 1

The counting is not very scientific (I don´t even know which of these pens are really "modern"), but I think the picture is clear. The winner, as expected, is the Phileas - a pen that is always praised as one of the best entry-level pens available. I´m surprised at the Expert - one of may favourites, but rarely mentioned in the web (the only reviews I´ve seen until now were unenthusiastic, to say the least). And the Charleston, one of the newest offerings, seems to be a failure ...

• 3 weeks later...

i'd like to see a similar poll re: modern Pelikans. I'm curious to see if the distribution is largely based on cost. which would probably put the bulk of Pelikan ownership in the M200 category. though of course, if it's about the model it could still be mostly M200s. But it might be mostly M800s since this seems to be a very pel popular model. Or it could be 620s because people collect the cities series...

hmm... well, anyway, I'd like to see that. Just out of curiosity.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

And the Charleston, Laureat, L'Etalon, Gentleman, Serenite, Executive, Man 200, Allure, Goutte, Harley, Man 100, Audace, Execption, Patrician, Rhapsody, Graduation, and Agatha seem to be failures ....

Hi,

IPB has to make a feature that allows a survey. We could have made multiple polls too.

Example:

How many Waterman Audace pens do you have?

1. 1 Pen

2. 2 Pens

3. 3 Pens

4. 4 Pens

5. 5+?? tell us how many.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

I like KCat's suggestion to poll on Pelikan ownership.

But those of us with multiple models from a single pen manufacturer need the option of saying,

I have:

M200 - 2

M400 - 3

M600 - 1

M800 - 1

edited: I forgot the white M200!

Edited by Glenn-SC