What modern Waterman have you got?

Rique

What Waterman models have you got in your collection?  

300 members have voted

1. 1. What Waterman models have you got in your collection?

• Phileas / Kultur
    • Hemisphère
    • Expert / Expert II
    • Harley-Davidson
    • Laureat
    • L´Étalon
    • Carène
    • Sérénité
    • Edson
    • Liaison
    • Preface
    • Ici et Lá

Someone was wondering there may be too many polls at FPN, so here goes another one...

I´m a fan of modern Waterman pens, but I don´t see them discussed very frequently at FPN. The only models that come up rather frequently are the Phileas, the Edson and the Sérénité. I suppose someone buys the other models too, since Waterman is still in business... Which ones have you got?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rique

• marklavar

• Dillo

• Glenn-SC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately, the Poll only lets me pick one model.

I also have several Phileases, a Carene, and a Charleston.

I also have two NOS Man 100s.

Thanks Glenn. There´s a glitch here - I wanted to allow for multiple choices, but I don´t know how to do that. Does anyone know how this thing works?

The poll feature only allows one answer per person. If you want a poll that includes multiple choice, just ask the question, give your options and let the opinions roll!

Hi,

I have two Ici Et La fountain pens (Turquoise CT and Crystal CT) and an Audace fountain pen (Enchanted Garden). I just ordered them, so I have to wait. I have the Turquoise one on hand at this moment though.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Thanks for the input, Elaine. I wanted to set it up as a poll because I would like to have a machine counting the votes. Anyway, here are my Watermans: Hemisphere, Expert II, Carene, Laureat, Ici et La. My dream one is a ebonite Liaison...

I like the Phileas well enough — it's a good transitional pen between the cheapies like the Reflex and the Vector and the more expensive pens like the Sonnet. But it's the only Waterman I got compared to the numerous Parkers, Sheaffers and Esties I have.

The higher ends of the Waterman line seem attractive enough, but not enough to make me run out and buy more Watermans. The Phileas is just like the Pelikan 200 and GO! (the only representatives of that brand that I have) — good enough to have them and use them regularly, but not enough to make me buy more of the brand's line.

It sounds irrational, but that's how I see it.

I have:

-- a red-marbled Phileas fountain pen

-- a blue-marbled Phileas ballpoint

--two Kultur FPs-one plastic (in a salmon colour) and one metallic (in hot pink)

--a red-marbled Expert II FP

--a chocolate brown Man 200 FP

All are excellent writers :)

modern watermans

One Phileas, very smooth

One carene, very smooth but tine tips click now and again

Two L'Etalons, very very very smooth

Two Expert IIs, smooth

Two Liaisons, smooth but can feel the friction, not scratchy but slight frictiony grit

One Edson, smooth as glass, maybe most smooth nib I own

If you like the feel of the phileas, you will love the L'Etalon!!

I miss the 'Executive', 'Exclusive' and the (Le) Man 100/200 series among the moderns ...

My first Waterman (and my first pen of value) was a red-brown speckled laquer 'Executive' c/c with a 18k EF nib, which I bought in the hot Italian summer of '86 at E.E. Ercolessi in Milano.

It was my FP for the first years at University. It has one of the best EF nibs I own, but with time, I found the section too slim and it unscrewed while writing. At the end, the ink (Waterman/Penman) ate the feed and the metal ring around it, so it is leaking. But the laquer and the nib are still great.

Now I have in regular use a Man 200 'Night & Day' in silver/black with a 18k F nib., which I got as NOS around the millenium. It is a real quality pen and smooth writer made in Art Deco style. I also have as complement a Man 200 'Night & Day' gold/black RB, which has an even more luxo presence.

Finally I have a blue laquer early 200 BP and a 'Exclusive' black pencil.

A blue Edson is on the wish-list ...

Edited by saintsimon

Over here an Expert II, green marble, a Laureat, red marble, a Lady Agatha purse pen, a Gentleman, an Executive, a something Goutte (forgot full name), a Kultur, 3 Allures, an Edson Saphire, and an Edson LE.

Hmmm, longer list than I anticipated :D.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Hi Wim,

If you have a little time, a review of the lady Agathe purse pen would be great. :rolleyes:

I have been very curious about it ever since Parker Pen UK told me that it and the Lady Christie were cartridge only. :blink:

Dillon :)

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Oddly, only one and a Preface at that (the only one recorded in the poll so far). I am not much of a new pen guy, mostly vintage. I got the Preface to match a Preface Roller Ball I received as a gift seven or eight years ago. Now I have the matching black and gold set. I must admit that I have not inked it :blush: :blush:

Hey where's the Allure?

Hi,

We are pretty much missing the Apostrophe, Allure, Graduate, Charleston, Man 100, and Audace. Waterman is very secretive about what is going on in other countries, so I suppose this is the case. Waterman US has a very limited selection of what Waterman actually makes. <_<

Dillon

Dillon

I have several Waterman pens:

2-Phileas

Laureate

LIaison

Expert II

Ici et la

Charleston

LeEtalon

My latest and greatest is an Orange Ebonite Liaison with fine nib I got from Pam. Great pen!

I forgot to add my two Carene pens to the list. :bonk:

Edited by Larry T

I have a Hemisphere I brought maybe 2 weeks ago. I sent it to the service center for exchange to an EF nib and haven't gotten it back yet. Still waiting...

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Hello! My first post on this site and I just received my first Waterman, an Exception Night&Day. So far I'm really happy with it and the way it writes.

Kent

Hi,

Waterman will take about a month or so for repairs.

Dillon

Dillon

Got one Dune Green Expert II with a the nib MIA.

Had a Blue Marble Phileas, Copper Expert II, Navy Blue Expert I - all of which I got rid of as they just didn't do it for me. Nibs were ok - not real scratchy, but not really smooth. Phileas was a dry writer.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)