The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

the sheaffer no nonsense red demonstrator

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,078 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2008 - 16:05

enjoy

regards

georges
Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Sponsored Content

#2 wackyjacky1

wackyjacky1

desperate, but not serious

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2008 - 17:39

Thank you for a nice review of an understated, possibly underappreciated, workhorse of a pen. I went through two No Nonsense fp's when I was in college. They stood up to all kinds of abuse (it never occurred to me to take care of them -- they got tossed around, dropped, chewed on, you name it). I used them to take hundreds of pages of notes, plus many doodles and scribblings, and never had a problem. The No Nonsense will always have a place in my pen cup! thumbup.gif

BTW, what ink is that? It's pretty.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,078 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2008 - 18:13

The ink is MB Bordeaux that has mixed itself with the small amount of blue ink which was in the pen.
Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

#4 randyholhut

randyholhut

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 19:24

Great review!

The No Nonsense Viewpoints are perfect eyedropper fill pens. They hold a lot of ink and you can see exactly how much you have left. And, as you see from Georges' review, when you match the ink to the barrel color, they look great too.

#5 ImNotSam

ImNotSam

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:12

I just received one of these from terim (no affiliation, etc., etc.).

What could be better than a *red* pen? A *translucent* pen! And what could be better than a translucent pen? A red pen! And what could be best of all?

Why, that'd be a translucent red pen!

Which I've wanted ever since Sheaffer came out with translucent colored barrels to supplement their original clear barreled school cartridge pens what? Fifty years ago? Pen came on a card with 5 cartridges and it cost something like ... well, I digress. :)

Now, all this new pen has to do is ... write! Which it does! Like a dream! And it's so .... *not* cranky. I'm in love.

I just stuck in a converter filled with Noodler's Fox Red and away we went.

Which of course begs the question - why does a humble pen perform so well, and a extra sooper sekrit limited edition emblazoned with hummingbird eyebrows (and I have a couple of these) write like a splinter dipped in concrete?

Some mysteries of of the universe are simply beyond me.

So I've got my Sheaffer translucent red pen now - and I don't have to go looking for a Sheaffer/Levenger Seas Connaisseur Red. I'm OK with that, for now :roflmho:

#6 lovemy51

lovemy51

legal? of course... and with all my papers. FP-friendly, mostly

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,648 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:35

Great review!

The No Nonsense Viewpoints are perfect eyedropper fill pens.

how? it has holes on the side of the barrel!!!
Posted Image

#7 snepmd

snepmd

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 16:40

Unfortunately that's the newer version. The original NoNonsense(AKA Vintage, AKA Calligraphy Pen) didn't have the holes.
Some good info here:
http://www.penhero.c...rNoNonsense.htm

#8 lovemy51

lovemy51

legal? of course... and with all my papers. FP-friendly, mostly

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,648 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 03:33

Unfortunately that's the newer version. The original NoNonsense(AKA Vintage, AKA Calligraphy Pen) didn't have the holes.
Some good info here:
http://www.penhero.c...rNoNonsense.htm

thanx, i was just clowning!! :blush:

Sponsored Content

|