How long is the section?

What is the section's diameter?

What is the ink capacity?

How heavy when uncapped?

How is the balance?

Thanks,

Luca

Hi ,

The nib is approximately of the size of M600 , Ink capacity is also more or less same (not sure) . I never felt the need to cap it because of it's weight and length . But then these are only my views and as i have suggested earlier , it might be better to hold this baby once in an brick and mortar shop , before ordering online , if possible. I am repeating the information about the pens's measurements as below . Hope this helps you .

I think I like the 7005 better.

Length posted: 6-19/32"

Length capped: 5-11/32"

Length uncapped: 5"

Barrel length: 4-7/32"

Barrel diameter at threads: 0.48"

Barrel diameter at middle: 0.52"

Weight: 2.21 oz (62.5 g)

regards,

Dev

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• devjeethensh

• Luca

• Tsujigiri

• dare_nova

Great review, and an amazing pen! It's too bad that it's smaller, and not a piston filler (well, they call it a piston filler, but it looks more like an oversized fixed converter). The locking threads for the cap sound interesting, how exactly does that work?

Thanks ! According to my knowledge , the Locking threads are a special type of threads and they are diffrently machined from normal threads. By the way , i think it's only the barrel which has locking threads and not the cap.

According to me , the Majesty has a true piston filler unlike a Convertible Piston(removable) filler like in Stipulas. This piston filler is as good as other pelikans and holds a lot of ink . Also , i think lots of high end piston filler pen companies do the same , that is include a separate piston mechanism inside the barrel instead of the piston moving inside barrel itself as otherwise there is chance of ink damage to the precious metal /celluloid barrel body. In Majesty's case you can even see the exact amount of ink and the piston mechanism like an demonstrator pen .

I am loving it :roflmho:

regards,

Dev

Edited by devjeethensh

Thank you for the review, and congratulations.

My Faber weights 45g capped. As I use all my pens uncapped, the unposted Faber is lighter (I do not know exactly, but considerably less, given the massive cap) and it sits on my hand with perfect balance. I also love the little weight when capped and moving it around, enough to prevent sheets of paper not to fly away. The Faber is 132mm long, your Majesty 7000 is 127mm, so I would have to post it, and carry the full 63 grams at each stroke. It would be too heavy for my hand. I think the design error of the Majesty series is the inner barrel; with a single barrel, it might have weighted good 20g less. It is, however, a very nice pen to look at, and I like the 7005 a lot (no gold plates, pure silver and black cap).

Luca

My Writing Instruments (selection):

Graf von Faber-Castell, Classic, 18k nib in ebony wood dress

Pelikan, M800, 18k nib in black resin/plastic dress

Stipula, Etruria Nera, 18k nib in black celluloid dress

Parker, Jotter, black gel ink refill in stainless steel dress

<a href="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=49361&st=0">Classification of Paper, Inks, and Writing Instruments</a>

Thank you , for your kind words . You are right, every individual has unique tastes and requirements , and good designers / manufacturers try to strike a balance . I think that was he reason Pelikan modelled this pen on M600 chasis , which fits most people and this pen is a much more ergonomic design than older Pelikans(grip section and other things) . Personally to me the length is perfect (unposted ) and i think most people will like the extra weight in a solid silver pen :thumbup:

Also , to me the classical combination of gold and silver is more appealing , but then i am an old man and a traditionalist.

BTW - Sometimes the measurements and numbers don't exactly give the correct idea, so the suggestion to actually hold one becomes more valid.

regards,

Dev

On a second look, the unposted 7000 is just fine. My Stipula is 125mm, only 2mm less than the 7000, so the size is just right for my hand too.

My Writing Instruments (selection):

Graf von Faber-Castell, Classic, 18k nib in ebony wood dress

Pelikan, M800, 18k nib in black resin/plastic dress

Stipula, Etruria Nera, 18k nib in black celluloid dress

Parker, Jotter, black gel ink refill in stainless steel dress

<a href="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=49361&st=0">Classification of Paper, Inks, and Writing Instruments</a>

Great review, and an amazing pen! It's too bad that it's smaller, and not a piston filler (well, they call it a piston filler, but it looks more like an oversized fixed converter). The locking threads for the cap sound interesting, how exactly does that work?

Thanks ! According to my knowledge , the Locking threads are a special type of threads and they are diffrently machined from normal threads. By the way , i think it's only the barrel which has locking threads and not the cap.

According to me , the Majesty has a true piston filler unlike a Convertible Piston(removable) filler like in Stipulas. This piston filler is as good as other pelikans and holds a lot of ink . Also , i think lots of high end piston filler pen companies do the same , that is include a separate piston mechanism inside the barrel instead of the piston moving inside barrel itself as otherwise there is chance of ink damage to the precious metal /celluloid barrel body. In Majesty's case you can even see the exact amount of ink and the piston mechanism like an demonstrator pen .

regards,

Dev

That makes more sense with the threads, then. I've never seen this type of mechanism on a pen before, with the piston inside like that. It does seem to be fully functional and to hold a lot of ink, but I wish they had connected the knob to the outside and added ink windows, so people wouldn't have to take it apart to fill it. They could still have made it plastic on the inside, so it wouldn't corrode. Still, it is a fabulously designed pen and the quality looks top notch. I'm glad that you reviewed it, so we could see what this very interesting new addition of Pelikan's is like.

regards,

Dev

That makes more sense with the threads, then. I've never seen this type of mechanism on a pen before, with the piston inside like that. It does seem to be fully functional and to hold a lot of ink, but I wish they had connected the knob to the outside and added ink windows, so people wouldn't have to take it apart to fill it. They could still have made it plastic on the inside, so it wouldn't corrode. Still, it is a fabulously designed pen and the quality looks top notch. I'm glad that you reviewed it, so we could see what this very interesting new addition of Pelikan's is like.

It's an absolute pleasure to share and interact with my knowledeable friends here.

Yes, Pelikan could have added an ink window and knob outside , but that would have meant a partial silver pen .Also ,then this pen would have been exactly like other Pelikans, which would have been boring :headsmack:

I agree that lots of things could have been done with this pen, but what adds to the cool factor is that ''It's Diffrent '' :ltcapd:

Enjoyyyyyyyyy.

Dev.

• 1 year later...

Great Review.

I now have 5 of the M7000's.

However I bought the first one without even taking time to go to a store and hold it....Intuition at work maybe????

I've found the pen to be the perfect size and weight and I usually don't post the cap.

Nib is ultra smooth and having to pull the barrel off to check the ink or fill it is a rather unique answer to being able to make the pen all silver. In addition since the piston knob is covered it doesn't sometimes get worked loose from friction on your hand as you write.

Clip is the usual springy Pelikan mode that means it can slip out of your pocket if you bend over on account of the pens weight.

However I wear Polo shirts to work and clip one of them under the last button on the neck and it seems to stay their without a problem.

The pens weight also seems to have stopped a problem I have with my other Pelikans (800's and 1000's). They are light enough that sometimes the barrel unscrews and falls down inside my shirt leading to an occassional messy ink stain...the Majesty has yet to do that and I attribute it to the pens weight.

It impressed me so much and was such a pleasure to write with I have since added 4 more bringing my total to 5 which I keep filled with different colors of Noodlers and rotate through...sometimes all of them in one day.

~ Roland

Favorite Pens...Pelikan M7000 Majesties (have 6) and Waterman Leman 100's Old Style All Silver (have 4).

Favorite Inks: Noodlers...Love Ottoman Azure and Ottoman Rose.

Favorite Paper: Beckett Expression Super Smooth in 24 lb. Writing and 70 lb. Text weight.

Good grief, first time I've seen one with the barrel off, and it looks just like a cartridge/converter pen with a big fixed converter!

YMMV

Good grief, first time I've seen one with the barrel off, and it looks just like a cartridge/converter pen with a big fixed converter!

How do you think a number of modern piston fillers look when you remove the outer skin? The Majesty's construction is exactly why it appeals to me: a windowless piston filler which allows you to check the ink level. Try that with Pelikan's own Special Editions. If Pelikan had fitted the Majesty with an external knob nobody would have bothered.

QUOTE (Frits B @ Mar 11 2009, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do you think a number of modern piston fillers look when you remove the outer skin? The Majesty's construction is exactly why it appeals to me: a windowless piston filler which allows you to check the ink level. Try that with Pelikan's own Special Editions. If Pelikan had fitted the Majesty with an external knob nobody would have bothered.

Absolutely spot onnnn !!!! This is exactly what i feel . I feel the convenience of being able to see the ink level by just unscrewing the barrel is simply great .It's a true piston filler and to watch the piston mechanism moving and ink being sucked in is divine .

It's a all Silver Clean and Classical design which is unique and well thought out .

Edited by devjeethensh

Great Review.

I now have 5 of the M7000's.

However I bought the first one without even taking time to go to a store and hold it....Intuition at work maybe????

I've found the pen to be the perfect size and weight and I usually don't post the cap.

Nib is ultra smooth and having to pull the barrel off to check the ink or fill it is a rather unique answer to being able to make the pen all silver. In addition since the piston knob is covered it doesn't sometimes get worked loose from friction on your hand as you write.

Clip is the usual springy Pelikan mode that means it can slip out of your pocket if you bend over on account of the pens weight.

However I wear Polo shirts to work and clip one of them under the last button on the neck and it seems to stay their without a problem.

The pens weight also seems to have stopped a problem I have with my other Pelikans (800's and 1000's). They are light enough that sometimes the barrel unscrews and falls down inside my shirt leading to an occassional messy ink stain...the Majesty has yet to do that and I attribute it to the pens weight.

It impressed me so much and was such a pleasure to write with I have since added 4 more bringing my total to 5 which I keep filled with different colors of Noodlers and rotate through...sometimes all of them in one day.

~ Roland

WOW !!! Five Majesties ....The Majestic Crown for the biggest Majesty fan goes to you (from me ) :roflmho:

Thank you Sir , for your kind words about the review . My experiences are exactly the same as yours (regarding the Clip , Weight , Ink window etc)

My Majesty is one pen which has consistently been my daily carry (to office) for the one year , and it speaks a lot about it's usability .

I recently added Richard Binder's Italifine nib (0.9mm Cursive Italic / XF crafted on a M600 nib) on my Majesty and the combination is simply divine.

Good luck with your Majestic Flock .

regards ,

Dev

Edited by devjeethensh

• 1 year later...

Indeed a nice review.

A word of caution, though, now that this thread has been revived.

The barrel, that is the outer protection of the filling mechamism, consists of 3 parts. These are joined together, but can become loose, as did happen to me.

When screwing off the outer barrel please do so by holding the ring just under the threads, and NOT on the main ribbed portion.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

• 4 months later...

Love this pen! I've been hinting at one for my upcoming 25th (Silver) wedding anniversary.

<b>Filling System (5/5)</b>

The filling system is standard and time proven Pelikan internal piston system , which is butter smooth. What is diffrent and very interesting to me is that the barrel screws to reveal the transparent ink section . I sometimes just fill and empty the pen to enjoy the sight of moving internal mechanism. What other pen can combine the values of a solid silver look and vitues of a demonstrator(partial).

Regarding the filling system . . . are the components made of plastic like the M600, or brass like the M800?

For a unique design at this price, I'd hope it is brass (in spite of the extra weight).

"Thus Ar-Pharazôn, King of the Land of the Star, grew to the mightiest tyrant

that had yet been in the world since the reign of Morgoth . . ."

— J.R.R. Tolkien, Akallabêth —

• 1 year later...