What does it mean?

inkypete

Notice many sales are offered with delivery conus - what does that mean? I have assumed it means local del in the USA or Canada. Is that correct or is there more to it, or is Conus an actual company? Apologies for what seems an obvious question.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• donwinn

• I am not a number

• dcwaites

• inkypete

Top Posters In This Topic

Continental United States.

Try Googling it...

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

Continental US, the contiguous 48 states -not counting Alaska & Hawaii.

Pedro

Looking for interesting Sheaffer OS Balance pens

The original meaning of CONUS was CONtinental US. At least that was the way it was explained to me (and others who asked) repeatedly until I could complete the answer in my sleep, back in 1971/72 when I was first on active duty in the US Navy. I questioned it at the time, due to Alaska being part of North America, and was told I did not have enough paygrade to disupte military acronymns.

Donnie

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

and was told I did not have enough paygrade to disupte military acronymns.

Where would military organisations be without the institutionalised squashing of nascent egos? :headsmack:

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

On many forums that I frequent, CONUS now seems to refer to any point of the US that doesn't require a trip through customs to enter... so Puerto Rico and Hawaii and other distant points that fall under the heading of State, Protectorate and Territory all would apply...

Original meaning is as posted... CONtinental United States.

And isn't it interesting that when your correct that something makes no sense... the immediate reply of your superior is almost always *your not paid to think* or *thats above your paygrade*... not only military... I hear those almost weekly from my bosses as a way of saying "your right, that makes no sense, but don't rock the dang boat".

And isn't it interesting that when your correct that something makes no sense... the immediate reply of your superior is almost always *your not paid to think* or *thats above your paygrade*... not only military... I hear those almost weekly from my bosses as a way of saying "your right, that makes no sense, but don't rock the dang boat".

Well, I work in an Empowered Workplace. If you complain about something too much they will put you on a Six Sigma Black-Belt project to change it. Six months later you will know better than to complain. . .

John

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

Well, I work in an Empowered Workplace. If you complain about something too much they will put you on a Six Sigma Black-Belt project to change it. Six months later you will know better than to complain. . .

John

That's one of the rules for getting along in a Quaker community (Society of Friends). It was explained to me as "Don't complain about something unless you are willing to offer a solution and invest some sweat in fixing it."

and was told I did not have enough paygrade to disupte military acronymns.

Where would military organisations be without the institutionalised squashing of nascent egos? :headsmack:

I dunno. FUBAR, perhaps?

John

Hi John, we must work for the same company! :rolleyes:

The above definitions are correct..

But most often on the sale board it actually means shipping to anywhere in the US... so that includes Hawaii and Alaska...

That's one of the rules for getting along in a Quaker community (Society of Friends). It was explained to me as "Don't complain about something unless you are willing to offer a solution and invest some sweat in fixing it."

I do so wish that was tattooed on the foreheads of political parties in opposition. Of all political parties, especially those of left, right, front, back and middle persuasion.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Continental United States.

Try Googling it...

What is this google of which you speak?

Johnson googles google to find out more...

happiness isn't caused

Johnson googles google to find out more...

If you do that you will break the internet.

Edit:

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/photoboris/1000posts.jpg

Whoop, whoop for me!

...and I have to go and make my 1,000th post here in the cultural backwater of the FPN that is "Miscellaneous > Classifieds and Market Watch > Market Watch > What does it mean?"

On the bright side I don't suppose that I will ever die from a lack of irony.

Edited by I am not a number

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

I googled it, and it looks like Uncle Sugar still considers Alaska to not be in North America. This is the second listing, the official GSA (General Services Administration) site. On the right side, note that they refer to Alaska and Hawaii as OCONUS (Outside CONUS).

Donnie

Edited by donwinn

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)