I've found you! All of you!

washati

What a discovery! I thought I was the only one ! I am ob-sessed. Not with expensive, fancy or decorative pens, but with cheap, functional and everyday-use fps. I will never understand those who say they are hard to write with. Everyone at my work thinks I am crazy- if they only knew.

I live in Montana

I have 6 pens at any given time, most are Heros

I love unique ink colors- Herbin Violette Pensee is my favorite right now.

I have decent handwriting, but wish it was a bit more "flowy".

I am excited to meet all here!

washati

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• southpaw

• Roger

• washati

• tooloose-letrek

Top Posters In This Topic

And we're excited to meet you, Washati! :D

It sounds as though you have read this board a little before signing up, so you know that virtually any FP is of interest to some portion of FPN's membership. Your interest in less expensive, everyday pens wil be well fueled here. Many are interested in that group just as you are. :)

Enjoy the board and welcome!

Roger

Southern Arizona, USA

Fountain Pen Talk Mailing List

Welcome aboard! Always nice to have another addict around :lol: ;) . We're nuts about FPs and everything related, and we enjoy one another's company. Enjoy the place and hope to see you on the boards!

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

I've mentioned this before here, but there's something almost surreal about finding this place. There are in excess of 383 inks on the market (that's how many the Ink Sampler man has sampled (www.inksampler.com) and scads of fountain pen companies in the world, most with a large selection of different models, and all these people who post and respond right here in the forums, and I live in a large metropolitan area and I can't remember the last time I saw someone using a fountain pen outside of a pen shop!

Welcome to FPN, washati! :D

Yes, the pen community is a lot smaller than one would think with all the recent new FPN members :lol: ...

Like Tooloose, I am pretty shocked to think that I haven't seen anyone else (aside from my FP buddies) using a fountain pen in years :blink: There must be more fountain pen people around, but maybe they only them for writing personal correspondance at home, or perhaps calligraphy???

I have decent handwriting, but wish it was a bit more "flowy".

I am excited to meet all here!

washati

Welcome to FPN. You'll probably find yourself checking out some Noodler's inks - definitely some unique colours in there.

Violet Pensee is great in a fine nib (which I imagine your Heros are quite fine if not extra fine) and even nicer in a fine flexible nib.

Do wander about the penmanship forum and see if anything strikes your fancy. Ann and Corien have been wonderful to supply instruction on both Italic and Copperplate handwriting. I was being a good student for some time when my world was inverted and dumped on me this summer (courtesy Hurricane Rita and numerous other lovely experiences.) So I'm out of practice but the short time that I was practicing the copperplate I think improved my handwriting significantly. Plus just made it more comfortable to write in "cursive" which I've sort of avoided for a few years.

anyway - welcome and i'm glad you found us. We're a warm and friendly group if a bit nuts at times.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Welcome to the FPN Washti! I have loaned some of my less expensive pens to coworkers in the past and think its so cool that a pen can write so effortlessly across paper. Likewise, I have had more positive results in college when it comes to using fountain pens on those dreaded Blue-Book exams. Here is where a smooth, flowing pen can take you all the way to "A" if your a good writer.

Sincerely yours,

Ronnie Banks

"Like a prized watch, a good fountain pen is a trusted companion for life."