The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ultrasonic Cleaners

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Ink Stained Wretch

Ink Stained Wretch

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:54

I have used various pieces of cardboard to hold the parts of the pen I don't want getting zapped up out of the water. What I have lately hit upon seems better, however.

A couple of plastic ballpoint pens, the BIC barrels are really good for this, put side by side and with the pen between them. Then use a rubber band to get the pen suspended at the right height between them. Something else I plan to try is using the two BIC barrels and using a clothes pin, the type that clamps, to grab the pen at the right place to keep some of it out of the water.

BTW, I tend to put the part I'm trying to clean at one of the foci of the elliptical pan that holds the water. I think that that's where most of the energy will go. And if I'm doing two things at once I can occupy both foci.

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!
ink stained wretch filling inkwell

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

|