Da Book!

cntrlfrk

Anyone have a spare copy of DA BOOK lying around that they wouldn't mind parting with cheap??

(By DA BOOK of course I mean FOUNTAIN PENS THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO REPAIR AND RESTORATION, by Frank Dubiel)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cntrlfrk

• Blackhill

• John Cullen

• Quicksilver

Another interesting thread would be to ask people if it is necessary to buy the book. There are lots of websites out there with information. FPN has a repairs board where anyone can get some pretty good feedback pretty quickly. People frequently post excellent photos of pen innerds. There is even a set of DVDs out there and apparently some online videos from England regarding repair, as well as possibly videos from American pen shows.

I do not repair pens so I can not say. But you may find sources out there that are as good or even better than the book. I do not know. JC

Yes, Da Book is absolutely worth having. There's plenty of info out there, but there's also a lot of missing details in that information than Frank covered. There's also plenty of GREAT diagrams and drawings in there, something you can't always find on the net (hopefully to be rectified with Penpedia). There are times when having a physical, printed reference is simply more handy than referring to a computer for things.

"Reverend, you will go to heaven with other good people. Even in heaven you be arguing about the various theories of religion. Your arguments will be an obstacle to my meditation. Therefore, I would prefer to got to hell. Then I will be of service to the suffering." ~ Bhante Walpola Piyananda

http://penpedia.com/sig.gif

Another place that has it for $20.00 (no affiliation)

Tryphon industries

(You may not be able to get it cheaper)

I searched the world over when looking for mine and I never found one for under 20.00. So I bought mine from Pendemonium. It's true that there is a ton of information via internet and FPN board to be had; but there were some things that Da-Book had that was right at my fingertips and was so helpful. I'm definitely glad I took the plunge and bought it.

Blessings,

Dave

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

http://www.the-highw..._questions.html

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/blopplop/fpn-verm.jpg

Mine is available...

PM sent.... I am not going to be repairing pens... I am thrilled with the collection I accidentally acquired ( well, mostly by following advice from FPN posters...) .

I checked Amazon used books before I ordered my copy new... they listed it as out of print...

So I ordered mine from Richard... my repairing is going to be restricted to a couple of sacs installed in Red Ripple 52 1/2 V Watermans ringtops... I don't need to know how to repair snorkels, coin machines,breathers, submariners, etc... LOL

SAVE your important PM's before Nov 26 to your computer, otherwise they are "GONE" !!!!

Sorry, I only have my own copy. I got it from another fountain penophile that no longer planned to repair pens. I hope you are able to locate one.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I'm gonna order some stuff from Tryphon so I'll just throw one of these on the list....thanks for all the responses and helpful info :thumbup:

Do You have one?

I have one, but I don't have a spare for sale. I think it is a worthwhile investment.

Blackhill - I think you should reconsider your position on this and sell me your only copy of Da Book...... for pennies on the dollar.......:thumbup:

Do You have one?

I have one, but I don't have a spare for sale. I think it is a worthwhile investment.

Blackhill - I think you should reconsider your position on this and sell me your only copy of Da Book...... for pennies on the dollar.......:thumbup:

:roflmho:

Anyone have a spare copy of DA BOOK lying around that they wouldn't mind parting with cheap??

(By DA BOOK of course I mean FOUNTAIN PENS THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO REPAIR AND RESTORATION, by Frank Dubiel)

The Fountain Pen Hospital had them at the Philly show. Unfortunately, they closed early on Saturday and I was unable to buy one.

Fred