New From Noodler's Ink

Regolf

At the end of World War II a colonial style blue ink was made in Boston, Massachusetts. Similar to a cobalt blue - though not an acid ink, it replicated blue ink from a much earlier era. There is a bottle in the Noodler's collection of vintage inks - and the color is extremely intense.

"Baystate Blue" is Noodler's conventional version of the classic colonial era blue based upon how the original formulas behave upon the page and taking into account the later 1940s version color intensity....but avoiding the acidity of the earlier inks through the use of different/modern

components. It is waterproof, but not bleachproof. The label depicts two giant catfish spitting ink upon the golden dome of the Massachusetts state capitol - I leave the meaning of the art work to free interpretation (once upon a time there was a little tea

party....).

This ink is unique and has a different pH than other Noodler's Inks – being slightly more alkaline as indicated on the label. If you mix this ink – be careful to only mix small amounts to see how the ink behaves with other

inks. That way, little will be wasted if the mix does not turn out to be as pleasing as might be hoped. This ink was not made with mixing in mind - in fact, sometime in the future a few more inks will be introduced that are compatible with this particular family of inks for mixing purposes. The

penetration rate and dry time are classic - though should not require the use of blotting paper and pounce powders unless one requires instant dry times. It is hoped that when you place the pen to the page - this color jumps out before your eyes with that vibrancy of the rebellious inks mad

King George so vehemently disliked! - Nathan Tardif, Founder of Noodler's Ink http://www.lux-brands.com/noodlers/WhatsNew.html

Bay_State_Blue_96.jpg

Edited by Regolf

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MikeW

• I am not a number

• Rapt

• Bart

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this Nathan's first non-pH balanced ink?

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Quoting Abraham Lincoln: "People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like."

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Well, I guess I have to buy this seeing as how I grew up in the Bay State myself.. Not bad for a blue either!

Edited by Firefyter-Emt

“If you want your children to improve, let them overhear the nice things you say about them to others.” ~Dr. Haim Ginott

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/PostcardBadge.png http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/InkExchange.png

My Website

And so my collection of Blue inks must grow...

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

And so my collection of Blue inks must grow...

Planning a tea party?

ETA: Hrm. Marketplace. I guess I'm going to have to find the place that actually stocks Noodler's (which means a visit to the People's Republic of Berkeley) in my area and check it out.

Edited by Deirdre

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

Does anyone know what retailers are stocking this, especially online ones? I haven't seen it listed on the usual ones I check. Thanks.

MikeW

"In the land of fountain pens, the one with the sweetest nib reigns supreme!"

Check out the London Pen Club.

Nice looking blue, but if its not bulletproof I'm not terribly interested.

That feature is what makes Noodlers stand so clearly alone compared to all others. IMO

Edited by Rapt

RAPT

Pens:Sailor Mini, Pelikan Grand Place, Stipula Ventidue with Ti Stub nib, Pelikan M605 with Binder Cursive Italic, Stipula Ventidue with Ti M nib, Vintage Pilot Semi-flex, Lamy Vista, Pilot Prera

For Sale:

Saving for: Edison Pearl

In my dreams: Nakaya Piccolo, custom colour/pattern

In transit:

Does anyone know what retailers are stocking this, especially online ones? I haven't seen it listed on the usual ones I check. Thanks.

I'm sure most of our favorites will have these as the new bottles fill the channel, but, I would also be interested in any sightings of these in the wild.

Currently Inked: Visconti Pericle EF : Aurora Black; Pilot VP-F (Gunmetal): X-Feather; Pilot VP-F (LE Orange): Kiowa Pecan; Lamy Safari EF: Legal Lapis

Wishlist (WTB/T) - Pelikan "San Francisco"

I'm sure most of our favorites will have these as the new bottles fill the channel, but, I would also be interested in any sightings of these in the wild.

I have seen them in the wild on eBay. It is a retailer based in MA.

Inkdesigner

Take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly, and try another. But by all means, try something.

--Franklin D. Roosevelt

That feature is what makes Noodlers stand so clearly alone compared to all others. IMO

It is waterproof, but not bleachproof.

As long as I can get my clothes made in the same colour (to avoid a repeat of the Stipula incident) I will be very happy...

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

Yes, I took the plunge and ordered a couple of bottles plus some Dragon's Napalm - oh those days of yore when I was covered in mercurochrome! Hopefully the little green men will deliver it quick!

Edited by MikeW

MikeW

"In the land of fountain pens, the one with the sweetest nib reigns supreme!"

Check out the London Pen Club.

It is waterproof, but not bleachproof.

Wow, that does it for me. I'm thinking a Private Reserve-like bright ink that doesn't run in high humidity. Ummm... I might wait for a review. Anyone?

Doug

I'm burned out from too many disappointments after buying other Noodler's blue inks to try this without seeing positive reviews. But hope springs eternal, I guess.

These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value.--Thomas Paine, "The American Crisis", 1776