LONDON WRITING EQUIPMENT SHOW 2008

ianpwilliamson2

post-13010-1223126936_thumb.jpg

The recognition problem has been bugging me too so this year we've come up with the above show visitor pass. The idea is that you simply tick the appropriate box of the organisation that you are most closely affilliated to - I have no doubt that some of us will be ticking more than one box and there will be some of us complaining that their organisation isn't represented but I'm afraid that there is only so much that you can get on a small label.

If this works I will introduce it to the South West show in February and the Midland in June.

There used to be an FPN area on Cafe Press which had a good range of FPN products such as button badges, T shirts and mugs but last timeI looked it seemed to have disappeared. I'll be wearing my FPN T shirt on Saturday night and I've got a really cool one for the show!

Only 7.5 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Regards

Ian

www.cathedralpens.co.uk

www.ukpenshows.co.uk

www.londonshownews.cathedralpens.co.uk

www.lwes.org.uk

www.wesonline.org.uk

Oh, I forgot, I'm actually going to go see a play at the Barbican on Saturday night, so drinks are out for me unless they are going to be starting early. We should have some other special gang sign so we can recognise each other from afar at the show, though.

I could do labels with the FPN logo and our usernames. I could leave the sheet with Ian (if he's agreeable) and then folk could stop by his table and pick up their label when they get there.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ianpwilliamson2

• CasmiUK

• eckiethump

• vermiculus

I tried very hard to be able to get across for the show.

Unfortunately, family commitments are preventing my attending.

HOWEVER!!!

My friend John Sorowka/Oxonian here on FPN has been kind enough to

agree to display and offer for sale the Indian Eydropper Pens.

He will have a full compliment of the pens including the Gigantic Gajendra at over 6.5" long and the Devika at 1.5" long.

Please look for John and the display right inside the front door.

All of the pens will have been tested and had the nibs smoothed if necessary.

If you've wanted to see and write with one of the Ebonite or Acrylic Eyedroppers please stop by the table.

John also does magnificent nib work should you have some conked nibs that need help!

Here are a few photos of the available pens.

Hi Steve,

I was sorry to learn that you won't now be coming, I was looking forward to meeting you having heard a lot about you from John. Never mind at least the pens will be there :thumbup: I want one of the big ebonites.

Regards

Ian

www.cathedralpens.co.uk

www.ukpenshows.co.uk

www.londonshownews.cathedralpens.co.uk

www.lwes.org.uk

www.wesonline.org.uk

I tried very hard to be able to get across for the show.

Unfortunately, family commitments are preventing my attending.

HOWEVER!!!

My friend John Sorowka/Oxonian here on FPN has been kind enough to

agree to display and offer for sale the Indian Eydropper Pens.

He will have a full compliment of the pens including the Gigantic Gajendra at over 6.5" long and the Devika at 1.5" long.

Please look for John and the display right inside the front door.

All of the pens will have been tested and had the nibs smoothed if necessary.

If you've wanted to see and write with one of the Ebonite or Acrylic Eyedroppers please stop by the table.

John also does magnificent nib work should you have some conked nibs that need help!

Here are a few photos of the available pens.

That's it, you've blown his cover now, he won't be a happy bunny ha ha..... John's one of those people who make this hobby so enjoyable.

Does anyone else have their friends eyes glaze over when you talk to them about pens? Loking forward to a pen fest next week. Can only make the sunday, ach,(pronounced ack) as the song says, it's only 500 miles.

et

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge (Charles Darwin)

http://www.wesonline.org.uk/

Can only make the sunday, ach,(pronounced ack) as the song says, it's only 500 miles.

et

Am I missing something? I thought the show was Sunday only...

The show IS Sunday only, but there are some of us descending on the Copthorne Tara hotel on Saturday evening for drinks.

"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing 'Cunning plans are here again'"

Twitter: @CasmiUK

Can only make the sunday, ach,(pronounced ack) as the song says, it's only 500 miles.

et

Am I missing something? I thought the show was Sunday only...

The show IS Sunday only, but there are some of us descending on the Copthorne Tara hotel on Saturday evening for drinks.

Hmm, well I might have to give these a miss as it's my brothers' birthday that day!

Just booked my train tickets. It will be my first pen show - all very exciting!

Seeya there :D

This is my first pen show also, and I am looking forward to it.

David

Aaaaargh. Can you believe it? I missed the last show. I intended to come to this one - my first ever pen show. And now my in-laws have invited themselves to our house for a holiday that weekend. The wife has ABSOLUTELY forbidden me to attend. SCREAM!!!!!!!

I will make the next show. I will make the next show. I will. I will...

I hope to be there, certainly planned on being there! I also will be wearing the little badge Ian so thoughtfully made, if any of you see me please don't be afraid to tap me on the shoulder. It will be nice to put some faces to names.

Greg

Member of the No.1 Club

This is my first pen show also, and I am looking forward to it.

David

Same here :) I suppose I'll be so excited I won't be able to sleep the night before ;)

But I've had some unexpected cash-outflows this week so not many pounds to spend left :(

I guess I could wear my bright blue tights to make myself tres fashionable and readily identifiable. Not that my nick has anything to do with hosiery, really, but it could work.

does anyone know if there will be any nibmeisters present at the show eg. grinding and smoothening nibs ?. Thanks.

kavanagh

Hi

John Sorowka (Oxonian on FPN) will be doing some nibmeistering in the foyer area (You'all probably fall over his table as you come in1 :roflmho: ). He will also have some of his vintage pens and stuff for sale along with the much sought after Guider Pens from India.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the weekend.

Regards

Ian

London Writing Equipment Show Organising Team

I'm hoping I don't get a late phonecall to do something else on Sunday, but I plan to be there. :)

So if you see someone wandering around aimlessly... looking totally bewildered, lost and slightly intimidated... that'll be me.

I should probably leave the plastic at home. I can just see myself coming home with all manner of ink and a pen I can't afford. :P

Best of luck to everyone buyers and sellers alike, have a great show :thumbup: I just couldn't fund this one, ah well while your all in pen heaven on Sunday i will be cheering on Oldham Athletic against Hereford at Boundry Park to back to the top of the league :bunny01:

Edited by belfast-popeye

PARKER 51 RULES