Northern Pen Show

anniemac

One week from today.....that's only 7 days......165 hours.......9900 minutes............

Not that I'm looking forward to this or anything....... :embarrassed_smile:

"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing 'Cunning plans are here again'"

Twitter: @CasmiUK

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carrie

• ianpwilliamson2

• CasmiUK

• belfast-popeye

If any of you are interested in ink swaps please say. I have a bottle of noodlers black (one use) i don't like, not black enough. Also full bottle of Diamine Dk brown, good but i prefer my watermans Havana. May have some others also, i am looking for a standard red, possibly skrip or Watermans. Pm me if your interested. Just a by the by, i will only have vintage pens to show and tell :ltcapd: apart from a couple of Phileas's don't own moderns :thumbup:

PARKER 51 RULES

Sounds like it might be fun, unfortunately I have another engagement (don't get North of Watford much anymore).

Hope you lot have fun and I look forward to a report (with photos) when it's all done.

Andy

Hey folks ! Once again, I have two tables at the show.

One will be dedicated to an eclectic mix of modern pens and the other will have a nice selection of vintage.

Lots of nice Sheaffer Balances and Parker Vacumatics on offer as usual.

Hopefully, I will have something that will appeal to you.

Please drop by and say hello. Don't forget to let me know that you are a FPNer, it usually helps with the haggling!

I should be able to drag my son out of bed on Sunday morning.

Better get started sorting and pricing !

Sarj

Well, I'll be there, probably a bit occupied in the hall, but if you occassion to see someone outside, partaking of the dreaded weed, and a wee white dog (Jack the westie) in tow, I hope you'll say hello.

Eric

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge (Charles Darwin)

http://www.wesonline.org.uk/

Well, I'll be there, probably a bit occupied in the hall, but if you occassion to see someone outside, partaking of the dreaded weed, and a wee white dog (Jack the westie) in tow, I hope you'll say hello.

Eric

Look forward to meeting you Eric, addicted myself :embarrassed_smile: so we can share some sea air :thumbup:

PARKER 51 RULES

THE PANIC HAS SET IN!

Only three days to go and so much to do - I'm really getting to old for all this stress!!! :wacko:

I'll have the full range of Diamine inks for you to try and perhaps buy! INCLUDING A BRAND NEW COLOUR!!!! It does not go on general release until after the show but I'll have it on Sunday! It's a green (my favourite colour) called KELLY GREEN, it has been blended to match a specification put forward to Diamine by a fellow FPNer.

I'll also have lots of other bits and pieces including, for the first time, a parts box for you to rummage through you never know you might find that cap or barrel that you've been looking for. I'm also clearing out the remains of my Private Reserve inks @ £4/bottle and a load of cartridges @ £1.50/box, I think I've also got a couple of mixing kits knocking around as well.

Is anybody coming up on Saturday? I'll be in the bar of the Clifton Arms from around 6:30pm, for me this is when the excitement of the show starts, meeting up with fellow collectors and dealers for a bit of relaxed conversation and a few (or more drinks), there's never any time on Sunday.

There will be a 10% discount on all marked prices for any of the FPN gang so please make sure that you let me know who you are.

I'm really looking forward to seeing you all at the weekend.

Regards

Ian

www.cathedralpens.co.uk

www.midlandpenshow.co.uk

www.lwes.org.uk (London Show site is now live)

www.wesonline.org.uk

P.S. I had a telephone call from David Shepherd tonight, his new book on the Parker Vacumatic is now ready and being launched at the Chicago Show in the USA and at the Midland Pen Weekend here in the UK. He's putting a copy in the post to me tomorrow so I'll bring it with me if it arrives in time.

I'm gonna drive down from Scotland on Sunday morning, then back up at night.

Looking forward to it, cos I've never been to a pen show before.

PS I got a cartridge fill kit from you Ian... is that Diamine Umber you use to write notes on the invoices?......

:thumbup:

Hi Robin,

You'll love the Northern, it's a great show for a first timer (I know it was my first ever show as well), nice and compact and full of really nice, friendly people although it is only fair to warn you there is a bit of a mad element amongst the FPN fraternity (they know who they are - don't you Casmi/Carrie :blink: )

No, its Diamine Emerald. I'll have plenty of Umber with me on Sunday. Have a safe journey down and look forward to seeing you so please make sure that you say Hi.

Regards

Ian

Forgot to say Ian, you know what would be a great idea if you have time, a few words in a few of the Diamine colours on paper just to get a true idea of the shade. Be great if you could manage it :thumbup:

I'll be providing the ink, the paper and the pen so you can try every one of the 50 colours yourself - have fun! :thumbup:

See you Sunday or even better on Saturday evening!!! :lol:

Regards

Ian

I am going to go as well - It sounds like it will be a "baptism of ink", rather than a "baptism of fire" , but I have questions ,

questions

When does it start ? , and what kind of stalls are there likely to be ?

Do the FPN people wear pink carnations !

It would be great to have a look at a Vanishing point to see whether the clip is a problem or not for me.

I look forward to meeting everyone.

John

Hi John,

I use a vanishing point every day, great pens I'll have mine with me on Sunday so you can have a play with it if you come to my table (Cathedral Pens) its the first table that you see as you come in the door. I haven't any for sale unfortunately as I sold out at the London show in October.

Regards

Ian

www.cathedralpens.co.uk

www.midlandpenshow.co.uk

www.lwes.org.uk

www.wesonline.org.uk

Right, everyone should have had a PM with my mobile number if you fancy meeting up with us in the bar area, I've obviously got my organising head on tonight ;)

Carrie

WRONG! Ididn't get a PM from you Carrie or don't I count!!!!!!!!!!! :crybaby:

Regards

Ian

full of really nice, friendly people although it is only fair to warn you there is a bit of a mad element amongst the FPN fraternity (they know who they are - don't you Casmi/Carrie :blink: )

I have no idea what you're talking about! Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to decide which of my Diamine inks I'm wearing to the show........

Ian - we all know that you don't need our phone numbers......you seem to be a sort of....'magnetic north'....for members of FPN as well all seem drawn repeatedly to your table........ :rolleyes:

"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing 'Cunning plans are here again'"

Twitter: @CasmiUK

I'll also have lots of other bits and pieces including, for the first time, a parts box for you to rummage through you never know you might find that cap or barrel that you've been looking for. I'm also clearing out the remains of my Private Reserve inks @ £4/bottle and a load of cartridges @ £1.50/box, I think I've also got a couple of mixing kits knocking around as well.

If you've got a hood for a dove grey Parker 51, just put my name on it.

Somehow I kinda figured we'd be finding you before the 12:00 meeting - be afraid, be very afraid :lol:

Just noticed you've got the start time as 9:00 on your website, earlier than I thought. Will have to get myself organised earlier on Sunday.

full of really nice, friendly people although it is only fair to warn you there is a bit of a mad element amongst the FPN fraternity (they know who they are - don't you Casmi/Carrie :blink: )

I have no idea what you're talking about! Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to decide which of my Diamine inks I'm wearing to the show........

Ian - we all know that you don't need our phone numbers......you seem to be a sort of....'magnetic north'....for members of FPN as well all seem drawn repeatedly to your table........ :rolleyes:

Well it's 3.00am and I've just finished packing everything ready for the show! A few hours sleep and then load the car and off we go - then halfway up the M6 I'll probably remember what I've forgotten - if you see what I mean :headsmack:

I'll be bringing up a copy of David Shepherd's new book on the Parker Vacumatic, I got a preview copy on Thursday so if anyone wants to have a quick look just let me know on Sunday.

Really looking forward to seeing you all and to having a nice laid back time - I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you all on Sunday!

Safe travels everyone.

Ian

hmmm, 24 hrs before I set off too. :hmm1:

Anyone know where to find the results of Friday's auction? I tried to register for it but failed, I also emailed Gerrards for details last weekend and got nothing back. So they didn't get any of my money this time...

only bringing a couple of pens up (just for show) - anyone interested seeing an original Sailor King of Pen or even a Nakaya Equilibrium?

see you all tomorrow

Bren

hmmm, 24 hrs before I set off too. :hmm1:

Anyone know where to find the results of Friday's auction? I tried to register for it but failed, I also emailed Gerrards for details last weekend and got nothing back. So they didn't get any of my money this time...

only bringing a couple of pens up (just for show) - anyone interested seeing an original Sailor King of Pen or even a Nakaya Equilibrium?

see you all tomorrow

Bren

:crybaby: DIDNT MAKE IT YET AGAIN :crybaby:

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

This was my first show, and I really enjoyed it. I now realise that there are many other people with the same illness ! It was all a bit ovewhelming really.

Meeting everyone from FPN was great , and if anyone is interested in sending /receiving letters, then send me a PM.

Our collective purchases ranged from the very new (a worcester) to the very old (19th century dip ?) to just ink (thanks for the cartridges Ian), but I think there could have been some late purchases that I missed.

I wanted to try a vanishing point and a decimo , and to see the different Visconti Van Gough colours and I managed both (thank you)

Enjoy your pens everyone, and see you possily in Litchfield

John

I've managed to find my ink vials, so I might just have to start a topic about British ink swaps like we were discussing. I'm guessing there will be some people wanting to try out my Mont Blanc Bordeaux :)

John, was it you who bought the amaranth? Have you tried it yet? Intriguing ink, it really does vary its colour a lot and I can't blame any old ink residue because the Dinkie I've put it in has just been stripped down and resacced.