Northern Pen Show

anniemac

Hi Robin, are you brave enough to meet up with all of us? We had a nice pen showing off session over coffee last year.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carrie

• ianpwilliamson2

• CasmiUK

• belfast-popeye

I'm after a few supplies myself Ian, including one of those handy looking sac sizing gauges. Looking forward to the "coffee morning" and to meeting everyone. I'm planning to bring along a case of my favourite pens to show and tell. :thumbup:

PARKER 51 RULES

I am going to try and make it to the show,I'm looking forward to it as it will be my first.

Antonym, n.: The opposite of the word you're trying to think of.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.

Robert Heinlein

There is much that is unexplained....Until it is! (Walter Bishop 2009)

I am going to try and make it to the show,I'm looking forward to it as it will be my first.

Getting completely off topic here, are both of the dogs in your photos yours? I've always liked whippets. My Lurcher is a Whippet / Staffy cross.

Back on topic, what time are we all meeting up for coffee? Plus who needs to know contact phone numbers? If anyone wants my mobile, just PM me.

Carolyn and myself are going to stay in a local hotel Sat night (not that its a long drive from Oldham :ltcapd: but good excuse for a treat) so after a leisurely cooked breakfast will probably be there 10.30/11ish.

PARKER 51 RULES

Forgot to say Ian, you know what would be a great idea if you have time, a few words in a few of the Diamine colours on paper just to get a true idea of the shade. Be great if you could manage it :thumbup:

PARKER 51 RULES

Silly question time, what time do doors open?

Probably about a half hour after I arrive and press my nose to the door and my eye to the crack in the door, trying to eye up Ian's inks! :rolleyes:

"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing 'Cunning plans are here again'"

Twitter: @CasmiUK

I am going to go as well - It sounds like it will be a "baptism of ink", rather than a "baptism of fire" , but I have questions ,

questions

When does it start ? , and what kind of stalls are there likely to be ?

Do the FPN people wear pink carnations !

It would be great to have a look at a Vanishing point to see whether the clip is a problem or not for me.

I look forward to meeting everyone.

John

I'll hopefully be there as well - dragging my suffering other half behind me.

Staying at a friends in Lytham so should be there bright and early. I'll try and bring a few pens with me - just have to decide which ones.

Hope to meet up with some of you there.

Cheers

John

Okay, shall we say 12:00 in the bar area for meeting up, that should give us all time to make some purchases. Or do we just look for all the people who make a mad dash for Ian's stall as soon as doors open ;)

John, I don't have a VP anymore, but I can bring my Decimo along for you to have a look at.

Okay, shall we say 12:00 in the bar area for meeting up, that should give us all time to make some purchases. Or do we just look for all the people who make a mad dash for Ian's stall as soon as doors open ;)

John, I don't have a VP anymore, but I can bring my Decimo along for you to have a look at.

I've been putting money away just for this! I'm thinking of taking my rolling carry on luggage to take home all of the Diamine ink I'm going to be leaving there with! :roflmho:

12 noon it is!

:bunny01:

"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing 'Cunning plans are here again'"

Right, everyone should have had a PM with my mobile number if you fancy meeting up with us in the bar area, I've obviously got my organising head on tonight ;)

Carrie

For those of us new to this how do we recognise fellow FPNers ?? Well apart from the 'child in a sweet shop' glaze on their faces of course :D

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

I'll be there, looking forward to seeing you all again! Carrie and Casmi, I've got both your numbers so me and the better half will catch up with you at the very least!

PenNut, last year we just kind of "sensed" each other :rolleyes: . Although Casmi made me a FPN badge I probably still have!

We can sail safely inside the harbour but that is not what ships were built for - anon

I'll be there, looking forward to seeing you all again! Carrie and Casmi, I've got both your numbers so me and the better half will catch up with you at the very least!

PenNut, last year we just kind of "sensed" each other :rolleyes: . Although Casmi made me a FPN badge I probably still have!

Hmmmmm.......I may be able to attempt again this year......of course, none of us actually wore ours last year and we found each other anyway! :thumbup:

If folks would like FPN badges, PM me and I will see what I can do!

I think Casmi and me were actually standing right next to each other when we phoned each other last year. Hmmm, FPN badge, forgot to take mine with me last year and have no idea where it might be now. Thanks to everyone who has replied to my PM. Will have to sort out what pens I'm taking along. Who's going to be the first to be thrown out of the bar when one of their pens decides to deposit all of its ink on the carpet :lol: If anyone is looking to add a Duofold Mosaic to their collection then let me know and I might just bring that along with me too.

The temptation to take every pen I have to the show is great - I have considerably more than last year!

I'll try to be good though and restrict myself - though I will be taking along my FPN LE Bexley, barely used, should anyone wish to buy it - failing that it will be going in the marketplace afterwards. So this way you save on postage costs!

It's a broad steel nib, and has been used to the tune of about half a convertor fill.

Basically I thought I wanted broad, and really I didn't, but, hey, we all make mistakes!

It cost me £50 including postage, I'm looking for £40, or an interesting trade.

Or anyone can PM me if they want to bag it beforehand and I'll bring it for you.

And if anyone wants my mobile no. for the day and the Great High Noon Meet, PM for that too.

(Moderators, please move this to marketplace if you prefer)

We can sail safely inside the harbour but that is not what ships were built for - anon

Hi all, will of course see you all there... in the usual place :thumbup:

Annie, I would indeed be interested in the FPN Bexley. I assume it's the blue and white mottled one? By the way, how broad is it? so put a hold on it for me, if it's the right model.

I have a couple of new-ish pens that I could bring along that need new homes. But before I put up a list, I'll have a proper dig through what's here.

As I've skipped through this post, can I make a wee suggestion? if people are planning to put stuff up for potential sale, can we use this post for potential lists & pricing? It'd make my job certainly easier to identify what I might want before I arrive.

As an aside to my above request, I wouldn't mind actually seeing a UK sales board, that way, I wouldn't have to agonise over the time & customs dilemmas of our overseas pens. what does everyone else think?

regards

Bren

Oh god, this is going to be torture, a pen show and folks from here selling pens. Should I just empty the bank account now ;)