Lamy Studio Nib question

Betty

I like the Lamy Studio in Palladiom (sp? - the more expensive one). I am wondering, do the nibs on the Lamy Studio still run wide if I get the extra fine nib?

I plan to visit Fountain Pen Hospital to look at this pen. The hardest part of buying fountain pens is not getting to test it before buying and it's a lot of money invested into one pen too :( Or did I just assume this? Can I ask them if I can test pens?

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maja

• Apollo

• Matt

• Betty

Top Posters In This Topic

Go for it! It never hurts to ask if you can try it out. If they say "No", then at least pick up the pen and see how it feels in your hand. If it doesn't feel right for you (ie. too heavy or light), it may not matter how it writes :)

As for nib width, sorry I have no idea as I chose the straight italic nib on my stainless steel Lamy and I do not use XF nibs.

Moppie, how wide do you mean? Are you trying to make a comparison to Japanese nibs? If so, then the answer is yes. I have a Lamy Studio (stainless version) with a fine nib which writes almost as wide as my Sailor 1911 and Namiki Bamboo (both with medium nibs). It's just the difference between European nibs and Japanese nibs.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/Apollo3000/es-canary-islands-flag1s.gif Bendita mi tierra guanche.

By all means you should definately ask to dip the pen. If they do not allow you to "test drive" a pen, I would pick another store. IMO you really have to write with it. That is the great advantage of visiting a store.

Matt

Hi,

The nibs are up to scale with most European pens (Dismissing Parker and Mont Blanc). Fine is Japanese Medium, Extra-fine is Japanese fine.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon