Lamy 2000

emrecan

Hello,

I want to buy Lamy 2000 and i want to know what do you think about this pen?How was the nib (smooth,dry,wet)?From Pelikan M215 is it would be big jump?Is it suit for a leftie?The price of this pen would be 88€ or 106$ sorry for my bad bad english :blush:

So everybody im asking your opinions.

Thanks

Greetings from İstanbul

the pen is in my avatar is LAMY Studio Palladium 14K

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dillo

• emrecan

• RyanL27

• Daniel Shih

Oh (Potty Mouth) :doh: i forget that review.But anyways other peoples opinions would be good.

Thanks zxc

Emrecan

Greetings from İstanbul

I've got one. Love it. Great writer. Nibs run wide. Very light pen. For being a design of the sixties it still looks very modern.

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

I just got one too. It is in fact a great pen, and the nibs certainly do run wide - I have an EF that sometimes resembles a wide F. I have always found that pictures convey a sense of weight that is certainly wrong. The pen is extremely light, but well-made and sturdy none the less. Soft nib, very nice writer, but the EF nib can seem a bit dry at times.

Ole

Thanks KendallJ and Ole for your answers

I like feel of this pen,its light but makrolon giving interesting feel holding pen.

I'll be buying M nib.From a Lamy Vista to 2000 it would be great jump :D :bunny1:

Greetings from İstanbul

Hi,

It is a great pen. Be sure to get one.

For curious souls---I have a 2000 and I find that it is really comfortable for me. I hold it on that metal hood and the taper fits my hand well.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

You'll love the 2000, I've kept mine inked since the day it arrived in the mail! It holds a good amount of ink and is a true workhorse!

Bryan

http://static.flickr.com/21/28891892_80d902777e_t.jpg

The Lamy 2000 is a superb fountain pen. Yes, it's a quite a jump from a Vista or Safari, but worth it.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/Apollo3000/es-canary-islands-flag1s.gif Bendita mi tierra guanche.

Hello,

I want to buy Lamy 2000 and i want to know what do you think about this pen?How was the nib (smooth,dry,wet)?From Pelikan M215 is it would be big jump?Is it suit for a leftie?The price of this pen would be 88€ or 106$ sorry for my bad bad english :blush:

So everybody im asking your opinions.

Thanks

THere is a fine nibbed one on sale at the green board for $75 USD.

Kurt H

I just got a Lamy 2000 in the mail from Chris Paulsen on the PT Green Board. Very nice pen from a very good seller (no affililation). I know, I know....I am not supposed to like hooded nibs, right? Well, it's semi-hooded to me :lol:

I think mine's a fine nib, but I can't remember what the ad said :blush:

Is the nib width written anywhere on the nib or feed? :unsure:

P.S. Sorry, forgot to answer emrecan's question! It's a nice writer, smooth-nibbed, nice size but not heavy...but not too light. Really well made and an innovative design, too. A real winner, in other words. The only problem I can see someone having is the gripping area. My fingers just happen to want to grip the pen where the little raised metal things (that help the cap grip onto the pen barrel) are located. Is there any way that the Lamy company could have moved their location by, oh...I don't know 90 degrees or something? :rolleyes: Maybe it's just me....

Edited by Maja

I've been looking at this pen for a really long time, but I've somehow never made the purchase. Yet again, I'm trying to decide between it and a Vanishing Point, and I've reached a standstill. Anyone have both of these pens with a preference for one over the other?

"I have striven not to laugh at human actions, not to weep at them, nor to hate them, but to understand them."

- Baruch Spinoza

Hi,

I would go with the 2000, and yes, it is a semi-hooded nib. The breather hole and nib slit are completely hidden. Unlike the 45, where you can see the breather hole if you look closely, the whole nib is covered except for the point and a small piece of the feed. I hold it on that metal hood. :) I can't emphasize how adaptable the pen is to people.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Since we're talking about the Lamy 2000 here, does anyone know of a source to buy and additional nib? I really like the way the nib section simply unscrews from the barrel. Make for easy re-greasing of the piston and also would make it very easy to switch to another size nib, if they're affordable and available.

Bryan

Hi,

You would have to call Lamy Germany. You can not buy gold nibs like you can buy steel nibs. Lamy restricts the distribution of gold nibs to its headquarters.

Dillon

Dillon

Hi,

You would have to call Lamy Germany. You can not buy gold nibs like you can buy steel nibs. Lamy restricts the distribution of gold nibs to its headquarters.

Dillon

So some of the 2000s have steel nib? Are they available somewhere online?

Bryan

Hi,

No, there are no steel-nibbed 2000s. I was talking about Lamy nibs collectively as stated on their website.

Dillon

Dillon

Yet again, I'm trying to decide between it and a Vanishing Point, and I've reached a standstill.  Anyone have both of these pens with a preference for one over the other?

Hi Ryan, a few factors that I'd consider when choosing between the two pens are weight, ink capacity, and how the nib is accessed.

For a workhorse pen, I'd choose the Lamy 2000 over the VP primarily because it's lighter--I can write for much longer periods of time without fatigue. Other benefits of the 2000 are its huge ink capacity and inkview windows. The Namiki VP has the advantage of one-handed click operation; it is useful when on the go, but in a classroom setting such as the one you have at Grinnell (?), using two hands to uncap a pen shouldn't be a major problem. On the other hand, if you already have a bunch of workhorses, a VP might be a good way to diversify your collection--a retractable nib is seriously awesome. Good luck--both pens are superb.

Daniel,

Thanks for the info. It's a tough decision because both pens seem to be very reliable and good writers, but I am leaning a little more toward the Lamy. I like medium/broad nibs, and the VP just doesn't hold enough ink to get me through a day of notes and homework. Also like you said, the Grinnell classroom environment doesn't hinder my uncapping abilities much.

How are you enjoying Stanford?

"I have striven not to laugh at human actions, not to weep at them, nor to hate them, but to understand them."

- Baruch Spinoza