Parker Jotter

myles

When did Parker make a fountain pen named Jotter ? I've bought and ownwd a lot of Perker pens since the mid '60s and only known the Jotter as a Ball Point pen !!

The Parker 15 is called Parker Jotter FP.

Khan M. Ilyas

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adallak

• The Blue Knight

• yamborghini

• N1TR0X

Nice review and comments. Hard to find these in the USA. I have 2 blue ones. They seem to only be in medium. Ipenstore, just a happy customer, has unique Parker items. Performs very well on work paper with Noodler's Blk. Great low price option. I just wish there were more colors and nib options for USA. Regards, Ron.

• 9 months later...

I have one of those jotter fps. i am going to etch it with salt water and maybe plate it with copper. Quick Question..

Can you cut off the part of a proprietary cartridge that gets punctured and seal and glue it onto a international standard converter? I'm going to do this with a parker cartridge

SAFPA

Science Academy Fountain Pen Association

Calamus gladio fortior

The pen is mightier than the sword

I have one of those jotter fps. i am going to etch it with salt water and maybe plate it with copper. Quick Question..

Can you cut off the part of a proprietary cartridge that gets punctured and seal and glue it onto a international standard converter? I'm going to do this with a parker cartridge

Why wouldn't you simply use a Parker converter, to begin with?

Just buy a parker converter. They're cheap and very well made.

It's just a shame this pen looks so... badly made. You'd think they could at least polish or chrome plate the nib.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a few Jotter fountain pens that I used in high school 25 years ago and used the heck out of them! Good workhorses.

I carry a Parker Jotter ballpen as an EDC to hand folks instead of my current EDC fountain pen when I get asked, inevitably "got a pen I can borrow".

Kind regards,

vieuxcarre

New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

------------------------------

• 2 years later...

I just picked up a couple of brand new Jotters at Office Depot- one FP and one Rollerball.

The lighting is awful, so you can't even tell that the rollerball has gold clip, while the FP has chrome (unless you click the photo to enlarge). And though I much prefer the stainless look, I wish now that I had gotten one of them in a colored barrel for easier differentiation.

I included a few common pens for size comparison: Pilot G2, Jotter FP (Medium), Jotter RB, Jotter BP, P45. They're on an A5 Rhodia pad.

I really like these little suckers. They're ridiculously light for "all metal" pens - thankfully, the black sections are plastic. While long enough to use without, they have a better weight when posted IMO. (see also P45, now that you mention it) The medium FP is smoother than my Fine P45s and surprisingly comparable to my Flighter's gold medium nib in smoothness and line width - don't know if that says something about my P45 gold nib or something about the Jotter steel nib!. :P

I have an extra converter, but I haven't tried it yet. I just popped in the Quink Blue included cart. I had to give it a few minutes to drain into the feed, but that's not unusual for me and Parker carts. I wrote a couple of quick pages in my Rhodia notebook, and all was great.

147827621_comparison.jpg 147827623_two-pens.jpg

BTW, the Jotters have "France" engraved on the cap - unlike my 1990 Jotter Ballpoint, which has "USA" on it.

My uncle gave me a Parker 15 flighter ballpoint pen in late 1982 and I still use it today. It differs from the modern Parker Jotter in that it doesn't have a knock. When I first got it, I thought the absence of a knock was just the coolest feature. I had never seen a pen like that before.

I have two Parker Jotter flighter fountain pens in my collection and I think they make great pens for every day writing. Yes, the nib is hard as a nail, but I don't think that matters at all when you write with a light touch, as I do. Best of all, my Parker Jotter fountain pens are a great match for my almost 40 year old Parker 15 ballpoint.

My only gripes with the Parker Jotter fountain pens is that they are small (much smaller than, say, a Lamy Safari) and that the friction fit cap eventually becomes a little loose. The size aspect may be even be considered an advantage by people with smaller hands.