The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Parker Jotter

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,322 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 September 2016 - 01:56

When did Parker make a fountain pen named Jotter ? I've bought and ownwd a lot of Perker pens since the mid '60s and only known the Jotter as a Ball Point pen !! 

The Parker 15 is called Parker Jotter FP.
Khan

Sponsored Content

#22 RRE

RRE

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2017 - 16:32

Nice review and comments. Hard to find these in the USA. I have 2 blue ones. They seem to only be in medium. Ipenstore, just a happy customer, has unique Parker items. Performs very well on work paper with Noodler's Blk. Great low price option. I just wish there were more colors and nib options for USA. Regards, Ron.

#23 thesteampunkraven

thesteampunkraven

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2018 - 20:27

I have one of those jotter fps. i am going to etch it with salt water and maybe plate it with copper. Quick Question..

Can you cut off the part of a proprietary cartridge that gets punctured and seal and glue it onto a international standard converter? I'm going to do this with a parker cartridge  

SAFPA

Science Academy Fountain Pen Association

Calamus gladio fortior

The pen is mightier than the sword

#24 The Blue Knight

The Blue Knight

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,780 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2018 - 14:26

I have one of those jotter fps. i am going to etch it with salt water and maybe plate it with copper. Quick Question..

Can you cut off the part of a proprietary cartridge that gets punctured and seal and glue it onto a international standard converter? I'm going to do this with a parker cartridge  

Why wouldn't you simply use a Parker converter, to begin with?

#25 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:12

Just buy a parker converter. They're cheap and very well made.

It's just a shame this pen looks so... badly made. You'd think they could at least polish or chrome plate the nib.

#26 vieuxcarre

vieuxcarre

New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2018 - 04:48

I've got a few Jotter fountain pens that I used in high school 25 years ago and used the heck out of them!  Good workhorses.

I carry a Parker Jotter ballpen as an EDC to hand folks instead of my current EDC fountain pen when I get asked, inevitably "got a pen I can borrow".

Kind regards,
vieuxcarre
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
------------------------------

Sponsored Content

|