The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Lamy studio cap loosening

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 aggiegrads

aggiegrads

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 18:43

I just called my local art store to see if they had a Lamy studio in stock. They replied that they had quit carrying this particular model because after posting the cap, the cap loosens and does not stay on the pen when capped.

Has anyone had this problem? I do admit that my pet peeve is cap that is not secure. If I can't carry a pen in my shirt pocket, I will not use that pen.

Sponsored Content

#2 Tony the Tiger

Tony the Tiger

Your life is an occasion--rise to it!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 January 2008 - 18:45

Don't tell me this. I've got a Lamy Studio on order, about to be custom ground to a 1.1mm stub nib.
CURRENT STABLE:
(2) Danitrio Tac Carry II / Xezo Architect / (2)(1920's era) Redipoint Flex / Libelle Vortex / Orange LE Pilot VP/ Mont Blanc Classique 144 / Dunhill Sidecar / Pilot 823 Clear Demonstrator / TWSBI 580 / Stipula Passaporto LE / Kaweco Sport WISH LIST:
MB Boheme / Platinum Hammered Sterling Silver / Pelikan M800 (clear demo) / Stipula Da Vinci / Visconti Opera Master / Delta Dolcevita Federico Oversize / Franklin-Cristoph 19 / Franklin-Christoph Model 25 w/ Masuyama nib

#3 BobR

BobR

Reduced for Quick Sale

• Member - Gold

• 1,081 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 20:57

The cap on my Stainless Studio "clicks" when posted. It's securely on the pen, however the cap does spin around when posted. It seems to be part of the design, and has never bothered me when writing. The clip routinely causes a (slight) scratch on the cap--you can probably find pictures of this if you search.

#4 PenWorks

PenWorks

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:58

I have been selling this pen in my store since it was introduced. I have not had one come back yet.
Should your pen need service, Lamy has a good repair service. Just ship your pen back to them with $7.50 for the
repair and return postage.

Ciao, Tony at Penchetta Pen & Knife

Penchetta - Fine writing Instruments

#5 JakobS

JakobS

Far From the Madding Crowd

• Member - Gold

• 1,379 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:51

I have only had my Stainless Steel Studio since Christmas Eve night, but have been writing with it every day (10+ 8x11 pages) since then, and have found it to secure onto the pen nicely. It is able to be spun around a little, but in no way does it feel or appear like it will fall off. It's very much staying put.
FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!For Sale: TBA

#6 trhoton

trhoton

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:23

If the Studio cap is loose, meaning it doesn't snap down to the barrel it's an easy fix. It will never be so tight that the cap won't spin, but it should sit all the way down.

If it's loose, it's just because the rubber inner cap is loose and is moving down the cap. Look all the way down the cap and you'll see a small straight-blade screw. It has left-hand threads, so you'll need to go counter clockwise to tighten. Turn it to the left until snug and try the cap again. It should go all the way down now. 

Easy. 

#7 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:45

If the Studio cap is loose, meaning it doesn't snap down to the barrel it's an easy fix. It will never be so tight that the cap won't spin, but it should sit all the way down.

If it's loose, it's just because the rubber inner cap is loose and is moving down the cap. Look all the way down the cap and you'll see a small straight-blade screw. It has left-hand threads, so you'll need to go counter clockwise to tighten. Turn it to the left until snug and try the cap again. It should go all the way down now. 

Easy. 

Thank you. :)  That's worth knowing.  :)

flying-letter-exc.png

Sponsored Content

|