The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Molteni Antonella

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Leigh R

Leigh R

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:55

Molteni is eBay seller outletline's house brand, and it's manufactured by Bexley. I obtained an Antonella late last year. Other models available are the Cilicia, Curukova, and Celestial. I liked the looks of the Antonella - it is streamlined without being too simple, and the flat top, roller clip and gold bands give the pen the looks of an updated classic. I have always liked ebonite, and green, and the two together clinched the deal.

The cap takes about three turns to open. I need to be careful about not closing it too tightly because it became stuck when I did, and the threaded section of the barrel came off rather than the cap. (I don't see why there is a need for the extra threaded section - see the picture attached - but perhaps enlightenment will come one day.)

The nib is a Bexley fine, and it writes with medium wetness. There is no flex to speak of, unlike the nibs I usually prefer. Still, this nib has its own merits. It is very smooth, and the line it puts down is consistent. I rotate my nib once in a while, and it doesn't seem to drag or "bite" into the paper when I do.

It's a light pen, easy to use for an hour's worth of meeting notes and doodles.

All in all, a good pen for the price (USD 250 before shipping, which was an offer I made on a BIN IIRC). If you're looking for even more bang for the buck, though, I think a vintage pen for the same money (or even less) is a better option. I just happen to like green very, very much. wink.gif

In lieu of the usual photos, I hereby supply a one-page Comic Life autobiography. smile.gif

Sponsored Content

#2 Deirdre

Deirdre

Stipula Ventidue Ti Nib Adoption Agency

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,122 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:03

Is that an accurate pic of the pen's green?

It looks greenier than this Danitrio I just got:

deirdre.net
"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

#3 Leigh R

Leigh R

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:04

QUOTE(Deirdre @ Jan 2 2008, 09:03 AM) View Post
Is that an accurate pic of the pen's green?

It looks greenier than this Danitrio I just got:

I think compressing the file into a jpeg made everything look greener! Your pic of the Danitrio Tosca is close to this green, but the Molteni's green is a tad deeper. Let me color-correct and upload another picture. smile.gif

#4 Deirdre

Deirdre

• Member - Gold

• 10,122 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:31

Darn -- I was hoping I'd discovered a new green to buy. smile.gif
deirdre.net
"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

#5 jonro

jonro

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 20:29

Leigh,

I love your idea of using Comic Life for the pen photos and review. If stealing an idea is indeed flattery, prepare to be complimented.

Jon

#6 Brian

Brian

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 22:40

Thanks for this interesting review. I like hard rubber too and the coloration looks very nice. Can you tell us what the section material is? Sounds like HR as well.

#7 Leigh R

Leigh R

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:31

Here, this image shows the color much more accurately! Taken in regular daylight beside a Tibaldi Iride. smile.gif

Jon, Comic Life rocks. wink.gif I use it for everything, even storyboards. Skitch, too.
Brian, the section material is also HR.

#8 Deirdre

Deirdre

• Member - Gold

• 10,122 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:42

It's a very pretty pen, thanks for the second pic. It definitely has better lines than the Danitrio Tosca.
deirdre.net

Sponsored Content

|