SF writer in Florida

Joe Haldeman

Just a little (self-)correction here. I said earlier that I used to be a member of the SFWA. Nope, I never was. I was confusing the SFWA with another acronymed org in a completely separate field. But for years I always read the SFWA Nebula award collection and always wanted to be in there. Still have some time to work on it...

Doug

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deirdre

• HDoug

• Ghost Plane

• Opus104

I had a pen a while ago that gave me similar performance problems. Come to think of it I believe it was a Sheaffer. To me it wasn't valuable enough to spend money having it evaluated by a pro and I was about to put it away. What else was I to do, I couldn't sell a pen I know has problems. For some reason, before I sent the pen to the showers, I removed the converter and put in a cartridge. It worked flawlessly. Of course this is pointless unless your Sheaffer is a C/C.

I have had this experience with other pens as well including a Parker 100.

Welcome to FPN. It's kind of like Future World with Fountain Pens. And not much in the way of technology. And you don't have to be on vacation. And the only robot around me looks suspiciously like a plastic dinosaur....

We stomped on the terra-

Lord Buckley said that

But for years I always read the SFWA Nebula award collection and always wanted to be in there. Still have some time to work on it...

You do. There's a lot of resources for emerging (or future emerging) sf/f writers; anyone can PM me if they want some suggestions.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

• 2 weeks later...
It writes fine for a couple of paragraphs and then dries out. Clean it, change the ink, same.

Joe Haldeman

This is a typical case when feeder is not supplying air back into ink tank. Once ink on feeder ribs is consumed, no more is coming to tip.

There are so many of this problem on modern pens out of box brand new. Please seek professional

adjustment.

Michael

Oh, my. I love this place.

Welcome, Joe Haldeman!

I hope the suggestions here can get your pen flowing smoothly again.

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

Man, I can't believe I missed this thread until today. I have both versions of The Forever War -- I read one or the other of them at least annually. Welcome, Joe! If push comes to shove, I'd deem it an honor to adjust your Waterman.

sig.jpg.2d63a57b2eed52a0310c0428310c3731.jpg

• 1 year later...