January meeting

jpolaski

Good evening FPNers! I'm scheduling the next FPN meeting for Saturday January 5th at noon. The meeting will be at ION in Middletown, which comes HIGHLY regarded. I'm going to need a headcount for the meeting BY JAN 2ND so I can arrange it with the restaurant. Everyone is welcome. We'll be unveiling the new logo for the GCFPS as well as getting a handle on our new organization. As always there will be tons of talk about pens, a show and tell of a few favorites and some swapping and selling. For those RFFers, bring a camera! Hope to see you there!

Jay

OH, for those interested, here's a link to their page to wet your appetite and give you an idea of what's going to be there. Directions are provided on the page as well. ION Restaurant

Edited by jpolaski

"The older I get, the more I realize I'm getting older".

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jpolaski

• amh210

• girlieg33k

• Farace

Good evening FPNers! I'm scheduling the next FPN meeting for Saturday January 5th at noon. The meeting will be at ION in Middletown, which comes HIGHLY regarded. I'm going to need a headcount for the meeting BY JAN 2ND so I can arrange it with the restaurant. Everyone is welcome. We'll be unveiling the new logo for the GCFPS as well as getting a handle on our new organization. As always there will be tons of talk about pens, a show and tell of a few favorites and some swapping and selling. For those RFFers, bring a camera! Hope to see you there!

Jay

OH, for those interested, here's a link to their page to wet your appetite and give you an idea of what's going to be there. Directions are provided on the page as well. ION Restaurant

I was wondering why the Connecticut Fountain Pen Society is "Greater" than any others?

Andy

"Andy Hoffman" Sandy Ego, CA

Torrey View is Andy's BlOG and Facebook me! If you visit my blog, click on the ad. I'll send all proceeds to charity.

For my minutiae, FOLLOW my Twitter.

:roflmho: Because I SAID so silly!!!! Well, that and "The Vast Majority of" made the acronym too long...lol

"Greater Connecticut" might be thought of as the parts you can get to from where you are. For such a small state, there are parts that are really out of the way and can only be reached circuitously. For instance, there's no easy way to get to Naugatuck from where I am. Not that I've found any reason to go there; I think I haven't been there since 1978.

--Bob Farace

~~scribbler~~

Just a friendly reminder that I need a headcount by next Wednesday so I can set things up with the restaurant. Anyone planning on attending, please post it here so I can get an idea. Looking forward to seeing you all there!!

---------> ANNOUNCEMENT <-------------

Due to the amazingly underwhelming response to this months meeting and a lack of a headcount I have made no arrangements with the restaurant. Looks like I'll be working towards a February meeting. To make life easier, anyone who WISHES to attend a meeting please list your name here and your general availability.

Looking forward to meeting with you all!

Best,

Jay

I didn't respond to this notice (by January 2nd) because I already have plans this Saturday (January 5th). However, please continue to post the CT meetings because I would still like to participate. Stay warm, Nutmeggers! :)

Talking about fountain pens is like dancing about architecture.