• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oneill

• fncll

• fabrimedeiros

• amberleadavis

I don't bother. It comes off in a shower or two coupled with normal hand washing. I just rinse the excess off right away to avoid getting ink on everything else.

I goes away by itself through normal activities, so I don't bother. But if you must remove it, alcohol based hand sanitizer removes most inks, including those well known stainers, like BSB and BSCG.

I just wash my hands normally, and I find that ink is gone within 1-2 days without me trying to remove it.

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

I use a dab of ammonia on a cotton ball... works great! If I am at work, windex is a good substitute.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4f_4pakI/AAAAAAAAA14/_d-MITGtqvY/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpgMember since July 2012... so many inks, so little time!

To err is human, to make a real mess, you need a computer.

Ink Nix followed by Lava soap if necessary.

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?" Patrick Henry

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone I remove most of the inks I use by making up a liquid of Baby Oil in

whatever quantity you like along with some ordinary water in a small spray bottle,

It

works on most inks. Just keep mixing until you get it right more times than not,

lets face it its cheap.oneill

I just wash my hands normally, and I find that ink is gone within 1-2 days without me trying to remove it.

Agree. Patience and time work a treat. Your skin sheds cells (thus ink) anyway, even when it is not a washable ink.

Perhaps we should start a contrary thread, "What ink do you prefer on your fingers to attend the [concert / theatre / ball game]"

X

I FIND that Baby Oil mixed with ordinary warm water will get most of it off in a

couple of applications.

Why does every one avoid the obvious? Clorox, It works almost instantaneously.

A splash of dishsoap, a sprinkling of granulated sugar, a bit of hand-wringing, rinse and you're good to go!

Who needs Swarfega*? :D

*I don't know what you call it in the US.

Eye of newt. 3 spider eggs. And a half a glass of swarfega. The other half a glass of swarfega is for drinking / medicinal purposes. This won't do a damn think for your hands but it sounds good

Thread necromancy! But a good thread to have up.

I use hand soap and either a small brush or a Scotch-Brite pad.

But some other really interesting answers were out there: Lava, sugar in dish soap, and the following:

I am cringing when I read some of these responses but what can I say, I'm a lady who hates to get dry hands.

On a hunch I tried Roux Color Touch haircolor remover (I was a beauty school drop-out and know about this stuff ;-) It works BEAUTIFULLY without drying out my hands! If any men are brave enough to try it, it's on Amazon, $4 a bottle that will last you forever.

I leave the ink on, mostly. It scares other people away from stealing my pens (or borrowing them and putting the ol' nib-bender whammy on them). And if people know pens I can say something like "Well, I was servicing my collection of Parker Vacs," or similar, the FP equivalent of explaining the dirt on my pants from tripping over my own feet as the byproduct of saving that child from being hit by a car...

For those times I do want to "clean up nice," I also recommend a hair color remover. I use Pro Skin Stain Barrier, which is made to remove hair dye from the skin.

Any shampoo or soap with Zinc Pyrithione

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc_pyrithione

I found pine tar soap works fairly well at getting my inky fingers clean. You just have to like smelling like a camp fire.

I use alcohol based hand sanitizer and it works well.

Actually, the dish soap + sugar is really good for getting grease and oil off your hands. It is what we used when we couldn't afford to buy swarfega. Works the same way - soap plus abrasive.

I usually shower. Hair works like a good long brushing. And you clean the rest of the body at the same time, which I hear is sort of good for you, in moderation.

Edited by Noihvo

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

• 2 years later...

There's always another option... You're a fountain pen enthusiast, don't bother washing it off -- wear it with pride!! /default/cool.gif

Haha! Yes!!!!