Modern super-flex

alvarez57

:cloud9:

Boy am I in love with my DaniTrio nib!!!! I think I have an extra flex or a flex sumpin'. I know that Kevin Chen sent me a Mikado to try and I fell in love with the nib. I find myself using it very, very frequently and I have a Special flex Nakata and it is less (IMHO) flexy than this one.

Edited by alvarez57

sonia alvarez

fpn_1379481230__chinkinreduced.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wspohn

• Ghost Plane

• alvarez57

• vervavolant

Got a flexy EF on a Densho prototype that I picked up from Kev and it's great!

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

At risk of sounding like I'm raining on your parade...I have never been able to make a flexible nib work for me. I've tried a few of them since I became an FP junkie, and they just don't work with my style of writing. It must be all of those years of writing with a ballpoint pen that have ruined my ability to write lightly on the paper. :headsmack:

Your Danitrio sounds great, though!

TMann

IS there such a thing as a flex B nib?? :huh:

Unfortunately for your wallet, I believe there is, but I'm not 100% on this. PM Kevin (aka winedoc) and ask him. Could it be that GP needs a flexy Danitrio Densho for Christmas????

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Do people use flex nibs for everyday writing? I have an Eversharp skyline with a flex nib that doesn't look any different when I write with it normally than any other nib. When you write with one, do you purposely make your downstrokes heavier than your upstrokes, or does it just come out that way? It looks wonderful when I write with my made up :lol: loopy script, but it doesn't seem special when I am just writing in cursive normally.

Cross: ATX

Esterbrook: Dollar Pen

Eversharp: Standard Skyline, Demi Skyline

Parker: 2 "51" Aerometrics, "51" Special, "21," Striped Duofold, Reflex

Pelikan: M605

Sailor: Sapporo

Sheaffer: 2 Balances

Waterman: CF, Phileas

Here's a nice thread on how to hold a flex-nibbed pen:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...amp;hl=flex+nib

Check out antoniosz' reply below and follow the links in his signature for some actual videos. It does help to have our resident experts give us penmanship advice to better use our pens.

When you write with one, do you purposely make your downstrokes heavier than your upstrokes, or does it just come out that way? I

You are what you write

More than you are what you say

But, do more than write

(my haiku)

-----------------------------------

- No affiliation with any vendors or manufacturers mentioned above.

- Edits done for grammatical purposes only.

I have to say that the subtitle made me think this was about a negative experience with a flex nib. I'm so glad that wasn't the case. Flex is a low priority at this point for me because I have a lot to explore, but I fully intend to check it out at some point in the future.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

My most flexible medium nibs are on my Omas 360 magnum, my pelikan 800, my 1965 MB 146 with an oblique m nib and my 1966 MB 149 with an oblique nib too. When it comes to fine nibs, the Omas 360 colonial, the Omas Arte Italiana, my 1986 MB 146 and my 1950 French Vac are the best in terms of flex. I never tried a Danio Trio but heard a lot of good things about them. I don't see any problem writing with a flex nib.

Edited by georges zaslavsky

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

I find my Pilot custom 743's FA nib to feel similar to the Dani XF flexy's I've tried. Lotsa fun!

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

I realised I made a direct translation from Spanish which changed the whole meaning. Error thus corrected.

From TMann:

At risk of sounding like I'm raining on your parade...I have never been able to make a flexible nib work for me. I've tried a few of them since I became an FP junkie, and they just don't work with my style of writing. It must be all of those years of writing with a ballpoint pen that have ruined my ability to write lightly on the paper.

Yes, I did exaggerate to show the flex, but still it does with my usual (ballpoint :headsmack:) handwriting. now, I've learnt over time to be more aware of the pressure applied.

Thanks for Huffwards thread, very enlighting but I can't get myself easily to that style of holding the pen...doesn't mean I will not work on it ;) .

Edited by alvarez57

sonia alvarez

Thanks Gregoron, I'll ink up my Skyline and see how it goes.

Cross: ATX

Esterbrook: Dollar Pen

Eversharp: Standard Skyline, Demi Skyline

Parker: 2 "51" Aerometrics, "51" Special, "21," Striped Duofold, Reflex

Pelikan: M605

Sailor: Sapporo

Sheaffer: 2 Balances

Waterman: CF, Phileas

Unfortunately for your wallet, I believe there is, but I'm not 100% on this. PM Kevin (aka winedoc) and ask him. Could it be that GP needs a flexy Danitrio Densho for Christmas????

I have tried to get in touch with winedoc in order to get info on buying a Danitiro, but it has been a very elusive seach. I have been using FP for most part of my life, but here, in this part of the world, a Danitiro is a mistery...almost at the same level of OVNIS. How can I get in touch with UFO Winedoc? I will apreciate someone who facilitate the encounter. vervavolant

I have tried to get in touch with winedoc in order to get info on buying a Danitiro, but it has been a very elusive seach. I have been using FP for most part of my life, but here, in this part of the world, a Danitiro is a mistery...almost at the same level of OVNIS. How can I get in touch with UFO Winedoc? I will apreciate someone who facilitate the encounter. vervavolant

Try this one: http://www.internetpens.net/page/page/1404736.htm

sonia alvarez

PM sent with Kevin's email. Alternatively, you could search for him here on the site. His userid is winedoc.

Thanks for the information sent. I will get in touch by email. As far as patience is concernes...I have all 66 years of it. In the meantime, I will keep on using my Nakaya long, Aka-Tamenuri with semiflex nib. Thanks again. Vervavolant

I have to admit, as a fellow Louisianian, I bought my recent Dani Trio Densho because of the comments by Alvarez! When I saw the possibility of the flex I had to have one, and my limited experience in the past 2 weeks has been virtually the same as his.

Of course one may write normally with regular pressure and get everyday minimal variation in width. But, begin to apply a bit of pressure on the downstroke and the pen does its magic! I also used his recommended PR Supershow Blue and in the Dani, it is a brilliant deep color......especially on the flexy downstrokes.

I have the fine flex and am well pleased! I wonder how the Extra fine flex would be?

I also have the Eversharp Skylines that are much more flexible than the Dani. They are fabulous on signatures. But the Dani is a fabulous modern flex. Much more usful.