Pear Tree Pens Has a Way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A

James P

OK, so it's not exactly worthy of a television jingle, but I was trying to come up with a memorable way of letting you all know that I just received a limited supply of Omas Bologna fountain pens and they are priced to move. These are the black cotton resin variety (older style), and have Palladium trim and a two-tone 14K nib. The only available nib size is medium.

The Bologna series, named after the City in which Omas was founded, was designed to commemorate the 80th anniversary of the Omas brand. Its cotton resin material is very soft to the touch and provides a very nice tactile experience. This is a larger pen, but surprisingly light. In addition to the cotton resin, the Bologna has several nice features, including the roller wheel clip and, even more functional - an ebonite feed, which helps ensure a constant and even ink flow. These are cartridge/converter fillers.

Retail on these pens is $315. I'm offering them for $185, plus $10 s/h (using USPS Priority Mail) anywhere in the U.S. (the packaging is typical OMAS - large, heavy wooden box and a leather(ette?) pen case included. PayPal and Credit Cards are accepted.

The pen is not yet advertised on the Pear Tree Pen Co. website, so please send me an email if you'd like one. I only have a few of these pens at this price. In addition, I have a few mechanical pencils and ballpoints available, in both Palladium and Gold trim.

James

post-1319-1197555728_thumb.jpg

Edited by James P

So here's what happened
While you were nappin'
I just went out for a snack
I was feelin' famished
And then I vanished...
But now I'm back

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James P

• Ghost Plane

• mehitabel

• akosiba

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's not the song I'd use for your business - how about (to the tune of last line of 12 days of Christmas)...

"Buy your cartidge at the Pear Tree!" :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho:

"How can death be overcome? By regarding, in moments of deepest concentration, our lives and those who are part of our lives as though we already had lost them in death, only to receive them back for a little while." -Albert Schweitzer

Hi James. Do you have any info on the weight and length of these pens posted? What nib sizes do you have available? Thanks.

Stephen

Current Favorite Inks

Noodlers La Reine Mauve Noodlers Walnut

That's not the song I'd use for your business - how about (to the tune of last line of 12 days of Christmas)...

"Buy your cartidge at the Pear Tree!" :roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho:

Lemme tell you what: I'll have a little contest: If someone wants to try their hand at coming up with lyrics to the 12 Days of Christmas incorporating references to the Pear Tree Pen Company, and I decide to use those lyrics in one of my next advertisements, I'll offer up a very nice item as a prize. I am, of course, the sole judge (:)). There will be some other conditions as well, but I still need to work out the details. :hmm1:

Who's game to test their creativity? Humor is good and will be looked upon favorably by the judge. :ltcapd:

Edited by James P

So here's what happened
While you were nappin'
I was feelin' famished
And then I vanished...
But now I'm back

Hi James. Do you have any info on the weight and length of these pens posted? What nib sizes do you have available? Thanks.

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

I only have medium nibs at the moment. I don't believe I will be able to get any other nibs for these, but I'm told that Omas will exchange any nib at no charge for any customer that wants one I don't have. I'll take some measurements this weekend and post them; you're not the first to have asked!

James

So here's what happened
While you were nappin'
I was feelin' famished
And then I vanished...
But now I'm back

My entry is in but I fear that if Andy (amh) enters we are all going to be beaten. His lyrical abilities have shown through in many a competition if I recall correctly.

Edited by akosiba

OK, it's a pen, but at least it's not black!

http://kenroindustries.com/images/O18A0007.jpg

So here's what happened
While you were nappin'
I was feelin' famished
And then I vanished...
But now I'm back

OK, it's a pen, but at least it's not black!

http://kenroindustries.com/images/O18A0007.jpg

That's the Bologna that I have, and I love it. The nib (medium) couldn't be smoother. It always starts right up, even if I've left it sitting inked for a week, and it never skips. It's 5.5" capped and 6.5" posted, but the solid-colored Bologna may not be the same size,

mehitabel

there's a dance or two in the old dame yet - mehitabel the cat

James, you have no one to blame but yourself... :bunny01:

On the first day of Christmas, the Pear Tree sent to me…

A J Herbin bottle of Vert Pre

On the second day of Christmas, the Pear Tree sent to me...

Two Moleskine journals, and a J Herbin bottle of Vert Pre

On the third day of Christmas, the Pear Tree sent to me…

Three Clairefontaines, Two Moleskine journals and a J Herbin bottle of Vert Pre

On the fourth day of Christmas, the Pear Tree sent to me…

Four books on murder, Three Clairefontaines, Two Moleskine journals and a J herbin bottle of Vert Pre

On the fifth day of Christmas the Pear Tree sent to me…

Five… Visconti… pens…

Four books on murder, Three Clairefontaines, Two Moleskine journals and a J herbin bottle of Vert Pre

On the sixth day of Christmas, the Pear Tree sent to me…

Six Omas Bolognas, FIVE….Visconti…pens…, Four books on murder, Three Clairefontaines, Two Moleskine journals and a J Herbin bottle of Vert Pre

On the seventh day of Christmas, the Pear Tree sent to me…

Seven Sailor Sapporos, Six Omas Bolognas, FIVE….Visconti…pens…, Four books on murder, Three Clairefontaines, Two Moleskine journals and a J Herbin bottle of Vert Pre

On the eight day of Christmas, the Pear Tree sent to me…

Eight Conway Stewarts, Seven Sailor Sapporos, Six Omas Bolognas, FIVE….Visconti…pens…, Four books on murder, Three Clairefontaines, Two Moleskine journals and a J Herbin bottle of Vert Pre

On the ninth day of Christmas, the Pear Tree sent to me…

Nine Monteverdes, Eight Conway Stewarts, Seven Sailor Sapporos, Six Omas Bolognas, FIVE….Visconti…pens…, Four books on murder, Three Clairefontaines, Two Moleskine journals and a J Herbin bottle of Vert Pre

On the tenth day of Christmas, the Pear Tree sent to me

Ten Think Mojitos, Nine Monteverde, Eight Conway Stewarts, Seven Sailor Sapporos, Six Omas Bolognas, FIVE….Visconti…pens…, Four books on murder, Three Clairefontaines, Two Moleskine journals and a J Herbin bottle of Vert Pre

On the eleventh day of Christmas, the Pear Tree sent to me…

Eleven Pelican Epochs, Ten Think Mojitos, Nine Monteverde, Eight Conway Stewarts, Seven Sailor Sapporos, Six Omas Bolognas, FIVE….Visconti…pens…, Four books on murder, Three Clairefontaines, Two Moleskine journals and a J Herbin bottle of Vert Pre

On the twelfth day of Christmas, the Pear Tree sent to me…

Twelve Waterman Charlestons, Eleven Pelican Epochs, Ten Think Mojitos, Nine Monteverde, Eight Conway Stewarts, Seven Sailor Sapporos, Six Omas Bolognas, FIVE….Visconti…pens…, Four books on murder, Three Clairefontaines, Two Moleskine journals and a J Herbin bottle of Vert Pre

<snip>

Twelve Waterman Charlestons, Eleven Pelican Epochs, Ten Think Mojitos, Nine Monteverde, Eight Conway Stewarts, Seven Sailor Sapporos, Six Omas Bolognas, FIVE….Visconti…pens…, Four books on murder, Three Clairefontaines, Two Moleskine journals and a J Herbin bottle of Vert Pre

Brava!!

mehitabel

there's a dance or two in the old dame yet - mehitabel the cat

On the first day of Christmas, the Pear Tree sent to me…

A J Herbin bottle of Vert Pre

On the second day of Christmas, the Pear Tree sent to me...

Two Moleskine journals, and a J Herbin bottle of Vert Pre

On the third day of Christmas, the Pear Tree sent to me…

Three Clairefontaines, Two Moleskine journals and a J Herbin bottle of Vert Pre

On the fourth day of Christmas, the Pear Tree sent to me…

On the fifth day of Christmas the Pear Tree sent to me…

Five… Visconti… pens…

On the sixth day of Christmas, the Pear Tree sent to me…

Six Omas Bolognas, FIVE….Visconti…pens…, Four books on murder, Three Clairefontaines, Two Moleskine journals and a J Herbin bottle of Vert Pre

On the seventh day of Christmas, the Pear Tree sent to me…

Seven Sailor Sapporos, Six Omas Bolognas, FIVE….Visconti…pens…, Four books on murder, Three Clairefontaines, Two Moleskine journals and a J Herbin bottle of Vert Pre

On the eight day of Christmas, the Pear Tree sent to me…

Eight Conway Stewarts, Seven Sailor Sapporos, Six Omas Bolognas, FIVE….Visconti…pens…, Four books on murder, Three Clairefontaines, Two Moleskine journals and a J Herbin bottle of Vert Pre

On the ninth day of Christmas, the Pear Tree sent to me…

Nine Monteverdes, Eight Conway Stewarts, Seven Sailor Sapporos, Six Omas Bolognas, FIVE….Visconti…pens…, Four books on murder, Three Clairefontaines, Two Moleskine journals and a J Herbin bottle of Vert Pre

On the tenth day of Christmas, the Pear Tree sent to me

Ten Think Mojitos, Nine Monteverde, Eight Conway Stewarts, Seven Sailor Sapporos, Six Omas Bolognas, FIVE….Visconti…pens…, Four books on murder, Three Clairefontaines, Two Moleskine journals and a J Herbin bottle of Vert Pre

On the eleventh day of Christmas, the Pear Tree sent to me…

Eleven Pelican Epochs, Ten Think Mojitos, Nine Monteverde, Eight Conway Stewarts, Seven Sailor Sapporos, Six Omas Bolognas, FIVE….Visconti…pens…, Four books on murder, Three Clairefontaines, Two Moleskine journals and a J Herbin bottle of Vert Pre

How much, including shipping, did this cost?

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Thanks :embarrassed_smile: I was just Noodlering around and it came to me. Too many years fielding limericks at pubs with my Irish flight instructor to win the drinks money. :headsmack:

Stephen

Here are the results of my measurements. Keep in mind that I do not have a caliper, so these measurements were taken using a straight ruler. The circumference was measured by using a piece of string, and wrapping it around the section, marking the distance with a pen and then measuring it. Not the most accurate, but it should give you a rough idea of the pen's size.

5.25" or 13 cm long – barrel end to end of nib

5.75" or 14.5 cm – capped

7" or 17.75 cm – posted

4 cm circumference (at section)

1 cm diameter (at section)

2 cm diameter (at cap trim ring)

Weight: approx. 15 grams, w/o cap; approx. 28 g. w/ cap.

In comparison, my MB 146 is

12.5 cm. long - barrel end to end of nib

14.25 cm. 5 5/8 - capped

16 cm - posted

So here's what happened
While you were nappin'
I was feelin' famished
And then I vanished...
But now I'm back

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files