1960's Bulova gold watch for sale

leonardo

A friend of mine needs to sell this watch. I've noticed a number of FPN members are into collectible timepieces so hope y'all don't mind my posting this here.

If any of you are Bulova collectors and would like add'l info on this watch -or- if you know of a forum where I may be able to find Bulova collectors, please email me at MEDPAD<at>YAHOO<dot>COM. I am trying to find out how much this watch is worth + potential buyers.

Thank you!

Mark

Edited by leonardo

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leonardo

• telltime

• Hoarder68

• Nick A

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine needs to sell this watch. I've noticed a number of FPN members are into collectible timepieces so hope y'all don't mind my posting this here.

If any of you are Bulova collectors and would like add'l info on this watch -or- if you know of a forum where I may be able to find Bulova collectors, please email me at MEDPAD<at>YAHOO<dot>COM. I am trying to find out how much this watch is worth + potential buyers.

Thank you!

Mark

There are many gold Bulova watches. I could tell you more if You had posted a couple of pictures. many of them are worth no more than the gold value of the case.

Post a photo. Way to many possible models it could be. Condition is important. Unless it's a Accutron, or has funky bizarre retro styling, I'm guessing it's going to be a run of the mill $100 gold watch.

There are many possibilities when it comes to Bulova...

Accutron model 214s command a premium. This watch also has many models and metals (18K, 14K, GF, and Stainless). Models run from Astronaut and Spaceview to something with a dial and they also carry different shapes (lug styles, case patterns, etc.)

That's just the 214s, not to mention other Accutrons.

Then there are mechanical ones. Old tanks, round, and again you get into metal contents (ex. pink gold vs. yellow gold, 18K/14K/GF, etc.)

Basically, it's like everyone else is stating, w/out a picture it's impossible to tell.

I have personally sold Bulova's ranging from $50 - over $2,000. A simple, round, GF watch might bring even less than $50. But if it's a 214 Accutron Spaceview in 18K, then your talking big bucks...

There are many possibilities when it comes to Bulova...

Accutron model 214s command a premium. This watch also has many models and metals (18K, 14K, GF, and Stainless). Models run from Astronaut and Spaceview to something with a dial and they also carry different shapes (lug styles, case patterns, etc.)

That's just the 214s, not to mention other Accutrons.

Then there are mechanical ones. Old tanks, round, and again you get into metal contents (ex. pink gold vs. yellow gold, 18K/14K/GF, etc.)

Basically, it's like everyone else is stating, w/out a picture it's impossible to tell.

I have personally sold Bulova's ranging from $50 - over $2,000. A simple, round, GF watch might bring even less than $50. But if it's a 214 Accutron Spaceview in 18K, then your talking big bucks...

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INPUT!

I posted here because my friend was misinformed by a local jeweler that his Bulova was "an heirloom time piece... with a solid gold case... worth $1000-$3000." I had hoped to find some Bulova experts here on the Forum to help him get better info and to potentially sell the watch quickly. I greatly appreciate the three of you that stepped forward.

Update: Late yesterday we learned that the jeweler knew nothing about watches! A second opinion from a local watch person educated my friend that his is as you three suspected: a run of the mill, gold fill Bulova watch worth about $100.

Thanks again,

MD

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files