OT:FS-Omega Seamaster:Seiko auto

handlebar

OT:FS

I need to fund a new cello and the first casualties are a few watches.

I have an Omega Seamaster blue face(Bond)style(full size) with SS band and a newly added heavy duty leather band.With box and card,papers.Has some scratches on bezel and band due to usual wear.Nothing glaring as far as scratches on the bezel and SS band. but i did wear it quite a few times,mainly with the leather band before this new one.The sapphire crystal is stunning!Pardon the smudges on the crystal.

This is the quartz model.Price is $650 shipped CONUS USPS Priority insured,etc,etc.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h93/n7myw/Watches/omega.jpg

I can take other pics as well.Just email or PM me.

Also have a Seiko blue face diver on leather band.Might have the SS bracelet somewhere.In a generic box.Automatic and in beautiful condition.

Price is $105 shipped CONUS USPS Priority.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h93/n7myw/Watches/watches.jpg

Please email or PM me if interested.Paypal preferred.

Jim

Edited by handlebar

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• handlebar

• wspohn

• omasfan

• Romeo Dog

OMG that is an amazing price on an Omega. I wish that I had the cash right now, as I was ogling these on the watch boards the other night.

Dang.

Sean

PenRx is no longer in business.

Jim, I keep oggling the Seamaster, but unfortunately it's a quartz movement. The Seiko is very tempting too, but I have an SKX 007 automatic already. But just in case, when did you have the water resistance last tested and what model is it?

Bryan

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes." Winston S. Churchill

Jim, I keep oggling the Seamaster, but unfortunately it's a quartz movement. The Seiko is very tempting too, but I have an SKX 007 automatic already. But just in case, when did you have the water resistance last tested and what model is it?

The Seiko is a SNZ3891J1 Blue Automatic.I purchased it brand new,so a tank test has never been needed(yet).Worn it in the shower and swimming once with great success.

I have worn it maybe 20-30 times.Stays on the winder quite a bit.

yes,that Omega is a quartz but i found it at a great price so i bought it.I'm asking less than what i paid but i want a cello more!

Hope this helps!

Jim

Seiko is gone.

Price reduction on Omega to $615 shipped.

Jim

Edited by handlebar

It sure is! With no takers and a change of heart i decided to keep it.In fact,i'm wearing it now!

Jim

Edited by handlebar

It sure is! With no takers and a change of heart i decided to keep it.In fact,i'm wearing it now!

Jim

Good call, Jim. You enjoy it and should keep on enjoying it -nice looking watch.

I'm with Rufus, a watch without a mechanical movement has no 'soul' for me ( I think I own one Quartz out of 200 odd watches), but they certainly are handy and accurate!

Bill Spohn

Vancouver BC

"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence"

Robert Fripp

https://www.rhodoworld.com/fountain-pens.html

Jim

Good call, Jim. You enjoy it and should keep on enjoying it -nice looking watch.

I'm with Rufus, a watch without a mechanical movement has no 'soul' for me ( I think I own one Quartz out of 200 odd watches), but they certainly are handy and accurate!

I used to think that way as i adore mechanical watches.But i also know they need servicing more often,sometimes at considerable expense.My Omega would cost between $50-150 dollars.And if i remember correctly,other than a mainspring and a couple of gears,they are virtually the same(battery notwithstanding)

My battery lasts 7 years and cost me $5.Omega produce some beautiful watches.One of my favourite brands.

What i REALLY want is a an IWC Portuguese or IWC Spitfire.Alas,WAY out of my financial grasp.

So for now my Omega and my Hamilton are my babies.

Jim

Glad you withdrew the Omega. Today I'm wearing the Bond's cousin, the 2254.50 Seamaster (Black dial). They are great dive watches and rival the Rolex Submariner Date at half the cost. mine is mechanical, but the quartz look great. Good move.

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Real watches are mechanical although I don't believe OMEGA builds there own movements anymore.

Quartz movements are a dime a dozen.

Now if you had a Speedmaster Professional I might be interested.

Brietlings Bentley Motors now that's something to talk about.

Edited by BoxerDad

I need to fund a new cello and the first casualties are a few watches.

Now if you had a Speedmaster Professional I might be interested.

Brietlings Bentley Motors now that's something to talk about.

No watch is a bad watch as long as it tell the "RIGHT" time

You better not thibk think about it for now........... Or you never fund a NEW cello......... :roflmho: :crybaby:

Real watches are only mechanical??

Thats like saying only real televisions are tube driven and black and white.Must mean LCD,plasma and others are not real tv's.

I have many mechanicals.Not one is as accurate as my quartz Omega.That doesn't mean the mechanicals are not reasonably accurate (1 minute every couple of weeks).But my Omega quartz here has been within a few seconds over a few months.

And i don't have to have it serviced every 5 years.

Also,the watch might be quartz based but the casing,dial,face,band and crystal are all the same as the much more expensive mechanicals.

And unless one looks specifically at the second hand,one would never know.

Both types have their adherents.I like both.And own both.

Now my Hamilton GMT,what a great watch too!!!!And it is automatic!

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h93/n7myw/Watches/HamiltonKhaki1.jpg

Jim

Edited by handlebar

Jim, by posting all these gorgeous watch pictures in your sales post you are suggesting that they are available for sale?

So better be careful what you post here. Otherwise, I will want to claim them. :bunny01:

Jim, by posting all these gorgeous watch pictures in your sales post you are suggesting that they are available for sale?

So better be careful what you post here. Otherwise, I will want to claim them. :bunny01:

Hehe.I had better stop i suppose.None are for sale.Just wanted to show my Hammy off.

Although if the price were right.... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Jim

Thats like saying only real televisions are tube driven and black and white.Must mean LCD,plasma and others are not real tv's.

Quartz watches are to mechanical watches as an electric bass is to an acoustic bass. There is more 'there' there.

Bill Spohn

Vancouver BC

"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence"

Robert Fripp

https://www.rhodoworld.com/fountain-pens.html

Quartz watches are to mechanical watches as an electric bass is to an acoustic bass. There is more 'there' there.

Well put.Nice analogy.Electric bass has it's place as the quartz do.And quality as well.

Jim

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files