DJ 51 Wanted... (Looking to trade)

telltime

I am now trying to complete my collection of DJ 51s (Their colors... Caps will come later).

I have managed to acquire two of a couple of pens in my tradin', and am wondering if there is any interest out there for trades (full or partial).

Here's what I have extra of:

(1) DJ Black w/Heritage (Window Pane) cap. Cap has a couple of minor scratches, hence I can't say it's perfect, but it is very presentable. I acquired it from Ernesto Soler almost a year ago, but alas, I've gotten another with that cap recently, this one in a set. So this lone pen is a trade candidate. VERY nice pen and a great smooth writer w/a fine nib. Date code 6 no dots.

(2) VERY nice DJ in Cordovan w/a converging line cap. Nib is somewhere close to a fine/medium. Recently restored by Rick Horne (The Southern Scribe) so it should be good for years. Date code 6 w/one dot.

(3) A First Year Set (Black) w/Sterling caps. Disclaimer here is that the cap on the pen is likely a replacement cap. Ernesto pointed this out to me as the clutch grip on the inside of the cap is the short, not the long one. When I got it, the jewels in the caps were pearl, not aluminum. I had them replaced w/a set of Aluminum jewels (from Ariel Kullock) and Rick (The Southern Scribe) used his lathe to make them fit perfectly. The pen is entirely correct otherwise. It has the imprint on the blind cap (and the original alum. jewel there) as well as the speedline filler. Imprint is not "crisp" in some areas, but it's all there. Date code is very crisp (1 w/2dots). The cap of the pen is in excellent condition. The pencil cap has a little more wear and some of the more typical pinpoint dings and scratches, but it's still very, very presentable. Just not as "clean" as the pen. If I didn't have another first year cordovan w/a wedding band cap, I'd be keeping this one (and I still may). It was also just restored by The Southern Scribe.

Some non 51s to trade...

(4) Golden Pearl SJ Maxima - 3rd Gen. w/aluminum speedline filler. Nib is a fine. Nice pen, but Made in USA and date code is worn. Maybe someone w/better eyes can see it, but I can't. Got this pen from Thomas B (FPN member and tbickiii on eBay), so also recently restored. Good barrel clarity.

(5) Azure Blue Major (Jr. Model 2 thin cap bands) w/Double Jewels (black). This is a set, so you'd get both pen and pencil. Also recently restored by The Southern Scribe. EXCELLENT barrel clarity and color and a very clear imprint (date code 0, no dots). Great set, but there is some minor tarnishing to the trim. Neatest thing about this set is the Semi-Flex nib. Smooth writer w/a medium/fine line and good line variation w/little to no pressure.

(6) Silver Pearl Major (Jeweler's cap band) DJ. Recently restored by The Southern Scribe. Excellent barrel clarity and good nickel plated trim. Oh... and it's a set, so you'd get a pencil as well. Date code is there but where it's stamped in the stripes makes it hard to read. It's either a 3 or an 8. I think it's a 3.

(7) Silver Pearl Major (Jeweler's cap band) DJ. Recently restored by the The Southern Scribe. Now this one is a bit more special than #6, and most people that see it tell me that I should keep it. But I don't collect Majors, and if I can get a good trade, I'll let it go. I don't like to use this word often, but in this case it's appropriate... This set (it is a pen and pencil) is Minty. I don't say mint because Rick said he did get some ink out of the feed when he restored it, but even he said this one was the best he's seen in this color. Color is near perfect and trim is BRIGHT. Shows little to no signs of use. It come with it's original filling instructions and guarantee paperwork. Date code is 1 w/2dots.

Now, here are the P51 DJ's that I need:

- Nassau Green

- Cedar Blue

- Dove Gray (Grey)

I didn't include pictures as I'm not really trying to sell these pens, but am trying to trade. My trades are specific, and if you have one of these three colors and are interested in a trade of some sort, I'll gladly send the pictures. I understand, of course, that the Nassau Green is a hard to find pen, but I figure that if someone has an extra, maybe a partial trade could soften the blow for me.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

- Devin

Edited by telltime

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• telltime

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files