Black Friday sale! Pen repairs

Dillo

Hi,

$5 off sale on all. If you have a bunch of pens, repairs costs do stack up, so a $5 discount saves you $20 if you have 4 pens.

$45 for below:

Two-sided fine/italic

two-sided fine/stub

two-sided fine/ Arabic

$30 for below:

Nib size reduction

Standard Needle point (Specify line width)

Add flex

Vacumatic restoration

Snorkel (Includes PFM) restoration (Includes all seals (Fluorocarbon) and special thin wall sac) I use a special point seal O-ring that fits a bit more snugly, but not too snugly (When you take a cross-section, it is half moon shaped, not round.) IMO It works better than the original point holder.

Aurora 88 piston fill repair

Vacu-fil restoration using the fountainbel packing unit. We remove the old packing unit and put in this redesigned packing unit. These might take a little bit to come in since I have to buy a few more. I recommend this approach to vacu-fil restoration because it essentially improves the pen. The packing unit uses a set of Viton seals with a special filled chamber of silicone grease to allow for smooth functioning and long life of the filler. When anything needs to be replaced (e.g. The gaskets wear out) They may be replaced easily and simply by using a handful of special tools to take the packing unit apart. Any future overhauling can be done in less than five minutes.

$25 for below:

Obliques

Standard Italic (Specify standard or rounded edges, both are smooth, but the standard one has a smaller "sweet spot")

Standard stub (2:1 or 3:1 line variation)

Make a Kugel nib (Will write on both sides extremely smoothly and accepts movement in any direction without snagging)

Flow Increase or decrease (I may or may not grind the nib to optimise the nib for the flow)

Fix skipping/baby-bottom

Fix intermittent flow

Ink retreats into the slit

$10 for below

Nib Rhodination (e.g. making Pelikan two toned nibs completely rhodinated, repairing the missing nib plating--no nib work, adding plating in different places to the nib, or reverse-plating nibs-- all rhodium becomes gold and all gold become rhodium)

Make smoother

Grind down nub on capless nib for fitting into Decimo

Resac

$5 for below

Nib Rhodination (if the pen has come in for nib work and some of the plating is missing)

$5 or free with any of the above:

Internal cleaning (Always done on any pen that gets sent here) (Includes lubrication of filler parts like pistons on Pelikans, Omas pens, and Montblancs and section sealing on pens that need it.)

Mould removal

Nib rhodination is free if the nib has rhodium plating next to the tipping material and some of it had to be ground off during the grinding process.

On vintage pens especially, please pass the information that the nib has been replated to prospective buyers. Nothing irks me more than selling something as original when in fact it is not.

Please send description of how you hold your pen: Angle of attack, Left or right handed, over or under writer, and a little writing of yours.

All of the prices do not include shipping. Shipping costs depend on how the item is shipped.

The warranty on nibs is valid as long as I am around and as long as the nib I made has not be really tampered with. It extends to poor workmanship.

For pens that have rubber diaphragms, I warrant them for one year or 10 fillings for vacumatics or snorkels, whichever comes first.

For pens with silicone sacs, the work is warranted for 5 years.

Vacufils are warranted for 5 years against leakage and problems concerning the filling system

All work received during the week is finished on the weekends and sent off on Monday.

For those who want Pelikans, tell me what you want now, and I will have have it by next week.

When you send your pen here, you do not need to clean it out very well, just be sure to empty the reservoir and fill and empty with water a little. I will be giving it a thorough cleaning anyway, and I would also be filling it to test it then cleaning it again.

Shipping is at cost. Items will be shipped the Monday after the order is placed. Not insuring you package on it's return trip home is at your own risk.

I can send items via Fedex, UPS, and USPS.

Paypal ID: dillon.ang@cox.net

I take Paypal (Preferred), Credit cards, checks, and money orders.

European Paypal users my Paypal in Euros

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dillo

• lapidary

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Yes, I am able to do that Oblique with rounded edges for you. It will take about a week to complete.

Dillon

Edited by Dillo

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Hi,

Yes, I am able to do that Oblique with rounded edges for you. It will take about a week to complete.

Dillon

Thanks for letting me know. I will send you a direct email shortly.

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files