Just got my new baby a Delta Israel 60 LE Vermail

goodguy

I love the look of this pen. I hope you enjoy it and I'm sure you will :happyberet: I see your feet are in the picture I always seem to get my feet in any pictures i take :D

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• goodguy

• jmkeuning

• slimnib

• Parkermaniac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations, the pen is beautiful and has many details. You will need to ink it at least once, use it at home and carry it on special ocasions.

Pedro

Looking for interesting Sheaffer OS Balance pens

It is a beautiful pen. I can understand your disappointment with the box. If a person pays that kind of $ for a limited edition, I think the packagaging should reflect its (limited edition) status. Like others have said: I'd use it too. Too beautiful to spend its time in a pen case or return to a box. Enjoy!

Paul

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

~ Oscar Wilde, 1888

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.pnghttp://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

I spoke with a delta sale person today and I told him how happy I am with the pen and how dissapoited I am with the box.

He told me Delta never invest much with the box and he already mentioned few times to the Delta people they should put more effort with their LE boxs.

Respect to all

I recently ordered one of these for a buddy of mine. I checked it out before I shipped it out to him. His came tied in a small velvet pouch, which fits in that unusual shaped cutout in the foam. And of course there was a screw on cap to the pen box itself. With Delta LE packaging lately there's the pen box itself, usually foam inner with two boards on the outside, screwed together, and that fits in the larger foam insert that holds ink and papers, inside the outer cardboard box.

I kind of like the Delta LE packging, it's simple and doesn't take up too much space. It doesn't strike me as being as wasteful as some others. However, it's a problem on some pens, such as the desk sets, where the cardboard inner boxes aren't strong enough to keep the heavy desk bases from moving around...

Still a nice pen!

best,

Doug

You're right goodguy, a lovely pen, may you use it well and enjoy for many years. "Ad Meia v'esrim" as we say: May you live till one hundred and twenty years but feel like 20.

Re the box, have you tried writing to Jery Yair Greenberg of Yafa the Delta agent and distributor. I know for a fact that Yair had much to do with the idea, design and implementation of the pen, we spoke about it three years ago and he told me it would be a super pen. It's certainly been a success. Here they sold like hot cakes and substantially more than you paid albeit reduced. $600 is a very good price. Original msrp was 1050 so you got close to cost. The Delta Israel 50 box was stronger but nothing like the similar montegrappa Omas or Parker (cherry wood).

Further to Israel 60 pens I wanted to show you guys the custom made parker 51 Israel 60 LE in sterling silver that I did together with Ariel Kullock. Details are many pages back in the marketplace and/or attic until I repost. Please take a look see: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...l=Parker+israel

here's a pic of the 3 in sterling silver ($550), stainless steel ($450) and the sterling silver cap with resin body ($350) . I have sold a few, each is individually hand made takes 2-3 weeks to manufacture with original Parker 51 parts and the sterling cap and body or silver cap and resin body fitted. Beutiful pen and writer even if I say so myself ;-)

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i93/bdty/2.gif

BTW I still seek Montegrappa Israel 50 f/p, I have the r/b. If you have any leads or want to sell, please let me know.

First, congrats on the new pen. Also, thanks for a good and useful review.

When you said you would not be using the pen much, I assumed you had gotten it for your baby. Cummon, now! Was that an excuse? ;)

I have been looking at this pen with interest. I have a Delta Isreal 50th LE and a Nazareth LE. Both of them are Pel M-1000 size, and I love their big bold size and feel. They have large, size proportionate nibs that are a joy to use. I had understood this LE was smaller, but I just had no feel for the actual physical size. I was also unaware of its contours.

The 50th LE and 60th LE are different enough that one could own both. I actually like the colors of the 50th better, though I might like the symbolism on the 60th a little more. That clip is great! Now I understand that there is a size difference as well. I have to consider this pen, though the price is difficult for me at the moment.

In another thread, I related my experiences with my new Delta Soiree nib. My other Deltas have large nibs with M points that write a true wet M line. My Soiree's M nib was too fine for me, and I had to exchange it for a B nib that actually writes a wet M line. How do you rate the nib on your 60th LE, Goodguy? If I want a wet M, would I be better off getting this LE with a B nib?

Edited by FrankB

Hi - thanks for the great review & pics Goodguy

I received this pen 4 days ago - WOW - I adore it - I actually heard about it months ago when you posted saying you'd discovered your grail pen - a bit of research, seeing the pics, knew I had to own it. It is all I expected and more - your great pictures do not do it justice though - you have to handle this beauty to really appreciate the depths of colour. I totally agree with your review - the box was very poor for a pen of this prestige (cardboard and foam) - but the pen itself is wonderful. The engraving of the gold vermeil band is really well executed - deep and beautifully depicted. I have large hands so write with cap posted - but the balance is perfect despite its girth. The nib is a real honey (mine is a true fine) and writes beautifully, consistently with some slight flex to add character to the writing. The only thing I would change is to have put a no7 nib rather than a no5 which seems too small for this oversized barrel.

Unlike you GoodGuy I intend to write with it - can't see me using another for some time

Grace

Oxpen

First, congrats on the new pen. Also, thanks for a good and useful review.

When you said you would not be using the pen much, I assumed you had gotten it for your baby. Cummon, now! Was that an excuse? ;)

I have been looking at this pen with interest. I have a Delta Isreal 50th LE and a Nazareth LE. Both of them are Pel M-1000 size, and I love their big bold size and feel. They have large, size proportionate nibs that are a joy to use. I had understood this LE was smaller, but I just had no feel for the actual physical size. I was also unaware of its contours.

The 50th LE and 60th LE are different enough that one could own both. I actually like the colors of the 50th better, though I might like the symbolism on the 60th a little more. That clip is great! Now I understand that there is a size difference as well. I have to consider this pen, though the price is difficult for me at the moment.

In another thread, I related my experiences with my new Delta Soiree nib. My other Deltas have large nibs with M points that write a true wet M line. My Soiree's M nib was too fine for me, and I had to exchange it for a B nib that actually writes a wet M line. How do you rate the nib on your 60th LE, Goodguy? If I want a wet M, would I be better off getting this LE with a B nib?

I dont know if I would go with the B nib.I hate B nibs and I wouldnt risk getting one if I was you.My guess is that the M nib would be closer to a F-M but reallt this is just a guess.

Respect to all

• 6 months later...

A little update.

This pen still is a great writer (even though I dont use it much) but I do have one thing I found that could be improved.

I find the pen doesnt hold a lot of ink.Never the less it is enough for my everyday needs (if it had a piston filler it would be perfect).

Respect to all

Congratulations to you all on your beautiful pens and the 60th Anniversary of Israel.

Let courage rise with danger, and strength to strength oppose.

There is no snooze button on a cat wanting breakfast.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

• 5 months later...
Congratulations to you all on your beautiful pens and the 60th Anniversary of Israel.

Respect to all

Very nice pen. I wish they'd make a slightly plainer version of it; it has a lot of religious symbolism on it (I know, part of the theme), and I'd feel odd using it, not being of the Jewish faith. I wondered what the hand was for, thanks for the information. These days, pens can even give you a bit of a world religion lesson.

Amir, your new pen is beautiful and I do have to weigh in on side of using pen; life is too short to let daily blessings pass by And...we know that you truly love your top drawer pens and this is no exception....Go on now! Write with it as often as your heart drives you

May you and those you love, be always blessed with peace and never ending joy.

Roger

What a special pen. I didn't know much about Delta pens more than the brand and some of their models, but it seems to be a very interesting brand that puts a lot of thought to their pens. Very sympathetic!

*****the dandelion blog is right here*****

*****the dandelion flickr is right here*****

You have to make allowances....his "new baby" is only just a year old...a bit young to be writing witha FP :D

I think the LE boxes I have are at the very least 'adequate'....they are certainly bl00dy expensive to post anywhere :(

Edited by rogerb

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

US humorist (1878 - 1937)

Very nice pen. I wish they'd make a slightly plainer version of it; it has a lot of religious symbolism on it (I know, part of the theme), and I'd feel odd using it, not being of the Jewish faith. I wondered what the hand was for, thanks for the information. These days, pens can even give you a bit of a world religion lesson.

The hand (YAD in Hebrew) symbolizes a hand we Jews use when reading from the book of TORA in Synagogue.It is made of silver.I think the reason you use the hand is because you shouldnt use you findger and touch these scrolls.

The pen is actualy to celebrate Israels 60th anniversery so I dont see this as a religious pen even though it has religious themes with the Menora and Star of David.

I actualy has been using this pen for few days now and must admit its a super pen to use,very cumfy and the nib is great and has a bit of flex to it.

The only complaint I have to the pen is the small amount of ink it holds.

Respect to all