The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

My first Stipula

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SteadyHand

SteadyHand

1 of 1 Limited Edition

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 22:11

I've done enough searches to know what the issues have been surrounding the initial iteration of this pen. Thanks to Sazerac for his insightful review on his "22". It helped me move past the this pens spotty performance history and trust that Stipula made adequate changes to the pen to make it a joy use as well as look at.

Initial findings:

Not only is this my first Stipula, but my first Broad tipped pen. All I can say is "wow. It moves on my Red and Black notepad like it was ice skating in Central Park in the dead of winter. I imagine that this feeling could be reminiscent of the feeling of writing with a small brush. It is something to get used to since I tend to write smaller than this pen dictates. It is the wettest pen I have written with. Literally taking over 15 seconds for a line to dry. I purchased the White Mistletoe that looks like crushed glass. I see it having more light green accents. The ink compartment is clear and visible whether the pen is posted or not. It is really nice to see and if it were filled with a green ink such as green marine I think the pen would radiate like a piece of kryptonite.

I purchased this pen from Vicary in this forum Marketplace.

The packaging this pen came in looked like it should have been used to transport a transplant heart minus the ice. When I open the cushioning I saw the beautiful box this pen comes in. At first I thought it may have been one of my wifes gifts that I've begun to purchase. Nope, it was for me. I like the pen initially, but, dont know if I would use it everyday. I prefer my finer points. I'm curious to see what customizations I can look into.

All in all, it is a great first impression. Again, I will post photo's later tonight.
Pelikan:M205 DemoLamy:2000,Safari,Al-Star,1.1 JoyPilot:3-78G's:B, M, F
Parker:51"Special"Stipula:Ventidue(new version)Rotring 600Sheafer:Snorkel

Sponsored Content

#2 scogre

scogre

PenEvangelist

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 21:04

Great little review of this pen! This is the pen with the Titanium nib, right? I have been interested in these, but was scared off by the problems they were having. I agree though, with a company like Stipula, you should be able to trust that they would fix the problem. So when you were buying this pen, how did you identify it as a recent pen that should be past those problems? Did you go by date or something?

Thanks!

Scott.

#3 SteadyHand

SteadyHand

1 of 1 Limited Edition

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 22:11

QUOTE(scogre @ Nov 20 2007, 04:04 PM) View Post
Great little review of this pen! This is the pen with the Titanium nib, right?

This was the the pen, Scott. The did away with the titanium nib and it has a 14kt nib. The first iteration had the ti nib. I got the sophomore version. The pen is mostly intact except for subtle queues and the nib.

Edited by SteadyHand, 20 November 2007 - 22:14.

Pelikan:M205 DemoLamy:2000,Safari,Al-Star,1.1 JoyPilot:3-78G's:B, M, F
Parker:51"Special"Stipula:Ventidue(new version)Rotring 600Sheafer:Snorkel

#4 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 November 2007 - 22:32

Welcome to the B nibs. cool.gif

#5 Celticshaman

Celticshaman

Photographer and lover of all things Celtic!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 November 2007 - 22:49

Gotta love those Stipulae!!! Great pens.

Jim

#6 TMLee

TMLee

589 crafted ... one at a time ...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 14:19

My contribution to the review of the Stipula Ventidue (new version) White Mistletoe.

The Packaging

The side opens to reveal a sliding drawer containing the manual

The Pen

The see-thru ink reservoir with logo engraved

Overall length - capped and uncapped

The piston knob does not unscrew away from the body whether emptying or filling the pen ...

The Nib

The Cap

The new leaf logo

I like the cracked ice. Notice the well-defined black veins

... continued ....

Edited by TMLee, 01 September 2008 - 14:57.

#7 TMLee

TMLee

• Member - Gold

• 3,125 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 14:42

... cont'd ....

Comparison with Stipula Etruria Alter Ego

Capped length

Uncapped length

Cap lengths

Nib

... and for those of you who are particular abt how it looks in your shirt pocket...

BTW they both stick out the same height !

Sorry I didn't give the pen a wipe before taking the pics. Embarrassing reflections and fingerprints all over the place.

Edited by TMLee, 01 September 2008 - 14:54.

#8 AfterMyNap

AfterMyNap

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 14:41

WOW! Thanks, that's a nice showing of a real beauty!
—Cindy

“This is the sort of pedantry up with which I will not put.”
—Winston Churchill (attributed)

#9 Brian

Brian

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 22:57

Nice review and photos. A very good looking piece of writing art. How do you find the metal section?

#10 TMLee

TMLee

• Member - Gold

• 3,125 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:53

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 2 2008, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice review and photos. A very good looking piece of writing art. How do you find the metal section?

I am not sure what you wish to know.
Anyway, if you mean touch, then it will feel no different from any other steel pens - cold ? Prone to fingerprint marks.

If its ergonomics, then I have to say Stipula is pretty good at getting this right. The concave part is very comfy to grip. (look at the Etrurias - same too and very comfortable) Straight shanks feel different to the grip, as well as the triangular shape of OMASes 360 series.

Sponsored Content

|