• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• david i

• bernardo

• Roger W.

• dcjacobson

Everytime I see this thread my first answer is not enough.

I have several dozen school pens (late 1960s, early 1970s) as a Sheaffer school pen was my first FP. I also have an uncounted number of No Nonsense pens.

I have three Triumph nibbed pens: Valiant TD, Sentinel TM TD, Crest. The Sentinel is one of my favorite pens.

However, the jewels of my collection are my inlaid nib Sheaffers:

PFM II, Broad Nib *Closing in on two years as my absolute favorite pen

PFM IV, F/EF Nib *Nearly a year in the Nr 2 spot

Imperial Flighter, Broad Nib

Legacy II Copper, Factory Stub

I need more PFMs. Lots more.

--Roy

• 2 weeks later...

Over the years I have owned 23 Sheaffer pens, second only to the 24 Parkers. Most of them were vintage pens that have since found other homes. I currently have three:

a modern Triumph Imperial with steel inlaid medium nib

a modern Aspen Balance rollerball turned fountain pen with a David Mason fine steel stub nib

a 1924 oversize Flat Top with fine nib

They are each nice writing pens, but the Flat Top is certainly in a class by itself. It was a gift from a friend, whose grandfather bought the pen new in the 1920s. That big Lifetime nib is such a pleasure to use!

I have maybe around 50 vintage, nothing too fancy. There's always at least one Sheaffer's with me. Lately its been my black military clip Balance with a white feed and a white dot on the back of the cap below the band.

My favorite is a Black & Pearl half Balance. My main Sheaffer's is a 5-30 flattop, a fat Jr. Balance, a big vac. Valiant Triumph and my trusty Tuckaway.

Out of those 50 just one is a flex nib, but it is sweet!

How can you tell when you're out of invisible ink?

73 according to my inventory list, mostly from eBay vintage auctions. About 1/3 restored and the others waiting for restoration when hobby time permits.

Lee in AZ

73 according to my inventory list, mostly from eBay vintage auctions. About 1/3 restored and the others waiting for restoration when hobby time permits.

Lee in AZ

Have to recalculate since i sort of bought 150 of 'em two days ago.

-d