Wanted: Parker Vac parts

Fountainbass

Hi, folks. I have a 1935 Parker Vacumatic that needs a tassie & jewel for the blind cap. My Vac is the emerald pearl striated version. I can try to get a photo, if necessary, showing the blind cap without its decorations. Does anybody out there happen to have these couple of parts? This was my grandfather's Parker & I'd really love to make this old pen complete; these are the only parts I need.

Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fountainbass

• gregamckinney

• Ron Z

• FarmBoy

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bill,

Your pen is a lockdown filler, right? Is it a standard or an oversize?

You are looking for a notoriously hard to find part- much more so if you have an oversize.

I would recommend watching ebay for junker (or less-than-complete) examples of your series Vac. Finding a tassie will of course be easier, since you can get any color donor pen.

I believe there are some folks who sell (make?) reproduction Vac jewels. If you are not opposed to such a part, you might check with Woodbin

and with Ariel Kullock. Black bottom jewels seem more common than striped ones, though.

Best regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

Check with Terry at Avalon Pens for reproduction tassi and jewels. They're quite good, and far cheaper than the originals.

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

Check with Terry at Avalon Pens for reproduction tassi and jewels. They're quite good, and far cheaper than the originals.

Tassi. Excellent word.

Sorry on the parts, as Greg mentioned, what you are looking for is hard to find. Go for a whole pen with a bad nib or missing cap.

Todd

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely look into reproduction parts. My Vac is indeed the lockdown filler, standard size.