The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Aurora 44 Euro

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Slocum

Slocum

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 22:57

A couple of weeks ago I was walking in the center of Salerno, a lovely seaside city south of Naples (Italy). I was struck by an old fashioned pen shop, full of old pens of all kinds, mostly italian brands and probably out of production. Here's a pic of the shop:

I did not expect anything that could interest me, until I saw a nice roller pen from Aurora. I asked inside to the gentle woman who was running the shop and the first surprise was that a fountain version existed.

The next surprise was that the pen looked actually essential and fine, just a bit retro.

Here are the pictures ot the pen:

The name of the pen should be Aurora E12 and the next surprise was the price:

44 euros including a rechargeable ink bladder.

What else? I first tried the pen with the standard cartridge provided and I was fully satisfied. The nib seems to be a medium size, the size of the pen itself is perfect and no frills. The ink flow is regular, just need to open the cap carefully as it is a bit stiff (probably because it is new) and some ink drops may fall.

I'm not completely happy about the ink bladder provided, but need to test it a bit more. At the moment I am using a black Aurora ink.

The bottom line: a very nice pen to start with. I will have to repair my Omas to assess the difference with what was to me a very good FP.

Any comments from other owners are welcome.

Slocum

Edited by MYU, 25 October 2008 - 05:01.

Sponsored Content

#2 handlebar

handlebar

Long distance runner!!!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 23:02

I don't own one but will chime in at what a bargain it is!! Congrats!

Jim

#3 greencobra

greencobra

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:41

Casa della Penna, whats that? House of Pens in English? I love the looks of that shop and have never seen anything even close to it around my area. I want to move to Italy, NOW! I think I am Italian, and was stolen by Irish Gypsies who swept me away to Boston to keep the authorities guessing.

Oh, before I forget, good deal on that Aurora. I like the looks of it also. Enjoy.
JELL-O, IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER!

#4 alfredop

alfredop

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:20

Hi,

that store is a nice discovery. Regarding your pen, is it an Aurora Style (look here for comparisons)?

Genny

#5 alfredop

alfredop

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:25

Ok, I have controlled on the Aurora Web site, the E-12 is the id. of the black Aurora Style, you should find this pen also in USA. It shares the same nib of the Idea and Ipsilon models.

Genny

#6 diplomat

diplomat

Platinum Member :)

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 21:47

The shop looks really nice and tipycal, just wonder where is the door? behind the corner?

Btw, it makes me laugh because "Casa della Penna" reminds me of some different shop.
When in 2006 Walt Disneys movie "CARS" the authors wanted a tyre repair shop to "sound" italian, they call it "Casa della Tyre"... it looks like the WD guys were to Salerno at some point!

Greencobra, you should try to open your "Casa della Fountain Pen" in Boston and tell us how it works, with such a marketing name you'll be rich in few months!

roflmho.gif LOL

Slocum, congratulation on your purchase, Aurora is always a hit!
Next one you can buy it in Milano on the Ercolessi shop. It will cost you definetly more!!

#7 jameswatts

jameswatts

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 15:48

An Italian friend of mine gave me an Aurora Style that he had purchased in a similar shop. Wonderful pen. Enjoy

Sponsored Content

|