The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pilot PENKO F

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JaDy

JaDy

Doctor Who

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 November 2007 - 00:35

Got my Pilot PENKO F today from across the Pacific bought at eBay (you can see a picture there). Gold metal (just color or real gold?) ends, ring, clip and nib. Body advertised as black but looks dark green to me, but then I'm partly color-blind.

Couldn't wait to fill it with Noodler's Polar Blue. Very creepy, over the nib, etc. Speaking of nib, it's scratchy and very flexible, can go from very, very fine (and light) to somewhat bold depending on pressure. Will need to do the paper-bag nib smoothing thing.

The pen is small enough to fit in my wallet notebook. Not as small as advertised, but small enough. (An aside: The internals of a VP, using a cartridge with its metal cover, could make a great tiny pocket pen if only someone built a cap to fit the nib section. Just a thought.)

The converter is removable and is the transparent bladder type. Hoping to find a cartridge before the bladder dies (any help out there?).

Felicitations & Facilitations
Rev. John G. Derrickson
Wrote fast. Goofs happen. Tell me.

Sponsored Content

#2 wdyasq

wdyasq

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:02

QUOTE(JaDy @ Nov 15 2007, 12:35 AM) View Post
The converter is removable and is the transparent bladder type. Hoping to find a cartridge before the bladder dies (any help out there?).

Your first act, once you get that cartridge in your hands, should be who to will it to. The sacs in Parker "51"s are nearing 70 years young and still going strong. I would hope there have been improvements in plastics in the last 70 years.

Ron

"Adventure is just bad planning." -- Roald Amundsen

#3 wdyasq

wdyasq

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 05:10

QUOTE(JaDy @ Nov 15 2007, 12:35 AM) View Post
The pen is small enough to fit in my wallet notebook. Not as small as advertised, but small enough. (An aside: The internals of a VP, using a cartridge with its metal cover, could make a great tiny pocket pen if only someone built a cap to fit the nib section. Just a thought.)

Out of curiosity I pulled out my OTHO Tasche, a Pilot VP nib section and my calipers. Both are less than 4"/100mm long. The OTHO Tasche is `1/2mm shorter, capped, than a Pilot VP nib unit bare. It might be nice to have a VP nib tube just to keep a spare nib about.

Ron
"Adventure is just bad planning." -- Roald Amundsen

#4 Phthalo

Phthalo

Ultra Fine

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:08

The Penko takes an ultra-slim cartridge / converter which is no longer made. Look for Sailor "Chalana" ultra-slim cartridges, as these fit the Penko.
Laura / Phthalo
Fountain Pens: My Collection ˇ My Weblog ˇ My Flickr Gallery
Follow me on Twitter: @Phthalo

Sponsored Content

|