Greetings from Germany

RotringKing

At first, I want to excuse myself for my very bad English. I hope that you can understand me a bit.

Hello at all. in my search for a new pen, I saw this website. Iam very impressed, that there are any other persons which are in "the century of computers" and which are interested in hand-writing.

:D

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RotringKing

• Titivillus

• Roger

• southpaw

Willkommen, Freund!

Yes, many here are interested in handwriting, some more successfully than others. :D Mine is terrible, but I'll die trying.

I daresay that many more in Germany and the EU are interested in handwriting than here in the U.S. But, we have some devotees, thankfully, who do good work.

Obviously, there is great interest here in the tools of the trade, ie. Fountain Pens!

Tell us something of yourself, and enjoy your time on this board.

Roger

Southern Arizona, USA

Fountain Pen Talk Mailing List

At first, I want to excuse myself for my very bad English. I hope that you can understand me a bit.

Hello at all. in my search for a new pen, I saw this website. Iam very impressed, that there are any other persons which are in "the century of computers" and which are interested in hand-writing.

Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome!

Fremde, etranger, stranger.

Gluklich zu sehen, je suis enchante,

Happy to see you, bleibe, reste, stay.

Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome

Im FPN, au FPN, to FPN

Meine Damen und Herren, Mesdames et Messieurs,

Ladies and Gentlemen! Guden Abend, bon soir,

We geht's? Comment ca va?

Do you like fountain pens? I bet you do!

Leave your pen troubles outside!

So - your handwriting is disappointing? Forget it!

We have no troubles here!

Here all pens are beautiful...

Even the student pens are beautiful....

welcome,

Kurt H,

Confrecier

Welcome aboard RK.

Your English is just fine - better than many of us who are ESL (English as a Second Language). I'm guessing by your nickname that you're a fan of Rotring pens. Which ones do you have and which is your favorite?

Glad you found your way here. Looking forward to seeing you around the boards!

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Welcome to the FPN RK :D

I am sure that you will love it here and you will find that many of us are very conscious about our handwriting. Why else would be use "fine writing instruments" all the time? :)

Well, could it be they are addictive as well? :rolleyes:

One of my all-time favorite pen manufacturers from your country is Pelikan. They really know how to make a fantastic product! :D :)9

Sincerely yours,

Ronnie Banks

"Like a prized watch, a good fountain pen is a trusted companion for life."

Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome!

Fremde, etranger, stranger.

Gluklich zu sehen, je suis enchante,

Happy to see you, bleibe, reste, stay.

Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome

Im FPN, au FPN, to FPN

Meine Damen und Herren, Mesdames et Messieurs,

Ladies and Gentlemen! Guden Abend, bon soir,

We geht's? Comment ca va?

Do you like fountain pens? I bet you do!

Leave your pen troubles outside!

So - your handwriting is disappointing? Forget it!

We have no troubles here!

Here all pens are beautiful...

Even the student pens are beautiful....

welcome,

Kurt H,

Confrecier

I love the film, "Cabaret"!!! :)

Welcome to FPN, RotringKing! :D

Oh, and please don't worry/apologize about your English; FPN is a very friendly place and no one is judgemental about that sort of thing....(now if you were to say you only collect Krone LE pens, that would be a completely different thing :lol: )

Edited by Maja

Welcome aboard RK.

Your English is just fine - better than many of us who are ESL (English as a Second Language). I'm guessing by your nickname that you're a fan of Rotring pens. Which ones do you have and which is your favorite?

Glad you found your way here. Looking forward to seeing you around the boards!

ok now I want to introduce myself and i am very pleased for the friendly messages you have sent. I registered in this network because I wanted to have a suvey of other people in the world, what they think of Fountain pen writing, and not at last to learn something new in the english language. my spoken english is not very bad but the grammatical times are a very big problem for me. when to take siple past, past progressive e.g. german is quite easy ( ;) )because there are no differents in using tenses. (Are the tenses really so fundamental like my teacher says?) i learn english no the fourth year (but in school!)

Ich möchte mich für Euere freundliche Aufnahme in Eueren Kreis der Schreibgerätekultivierten bedanken und wünsche Euch und Euerem (unserem) Forum viel Annehmlichkeiten im Zeitalter der Computer.

My favourite pens are Rotrings.

Rotring Skynn is in my opinion the most confortable pen. but in design and luxury it isn`t very good. there are some others like " Mont Blanc Meisterstück" .

But rotring is quite very well:

Rotring "New orleans"

"Core" I have 3 Core fountain pens in different colours

"skynn" very sensible and confortable (also 3)

and there are some waterman pens which i collect.

My question at you:

where do you normally get your pens?

in stores

in internet

or somwhere else?

Mostly I get my pens at the Internet because they are more cheap than in stores and i get it from postoffice in front of my house and i have not to go in a store

. . . and there are some waterman pens which i collect.

My question at you:

in stores

in internet

or somwhere else?

Mostly I get my pens at the Internet because they are more cheap than in stores and i get it from postoffice in front of my house and i have not to go in a store

RotringKing,

Which Watermans do you have?

Regarding your questions, I normally purchase off the internet because there are no pen stores close to where I am (eastern North Carolina, USA).

There are some here that are fortunate enough to live close to really great stores, although for some of us that would be a mixed blessing (would be too tempting :D ).

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

Rotring "New orleans"

My question at you:

in stores

in internet

or somwhere else?

Rotring "New orleans"

DO you have a picture or link to this pen, living just outside the city I would be curious to see what this pen looks like. Just found on on ebay.de. nice and only 7EU! Now to find an internet seller...

My question at you:

The majority of the pens that I own are purchased through pen boards or internet pen sites. As of late more from people than companies. There is not a good pen store for hundreds of miles from my house. ANd truth be told I usally freeze up in a store and don't make a purchase :D

Edited by Tytyvyllus

http://cgi.ebay.de/Rotring-New-Orleans-Fue...1QQcmdZViewItem

this is the "new oreans"

normally i get my pens by ebay becaus i have not had problems with it. and - they are very cheap. with internet shops i have not so much experiences

sometimes i test the pencils in a store and after that i buy it by ebay ;)

germany is decentralized and it is not so hard to find good pen stores closed to your house. i do not live in a citiy but in germany you have always "bigger" citys close to you.

this is my waterman:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Waterman-Phileas-Fuelle...1QQcmdZViewItem

@rodger

sorry i dont understand anything of this sentense pleas say it in easy words

Ah yes...a Waterman "Phileas" models.....Excellent pen!

I have a Rotring Core (extra-fine nib) and it writes great! My mother found it in a thrift store for 10 cents :o

I buy most of my pens from the Internet---eBay mostly (for the lower prices of vintage pens), but also from pen message boards like this one and Pentrace. I have bought some pens in stores, but mostly if they are on sale, as the stores generally charge the full MRSP (manufacturer's suggested retail price). Ohyeah, and like Kurt, I tend to "freeze up" in pen stores :lol: (glad it's not just me!)

As for Roger's observation, I think he was just saying that in the English language, we do not have "masculine" (der) and "feminine" (die) nouns like you do in German. This is as puzzling to many English speakers as the apparent simplicity of English tenses to German speakers...

(please correct me if I am wrong, Roger :) )

As for Roger's observation, I think he was just saying that in the English language, we do not have "masculine" (der) and "feminine" (die) nouns like you do in German. This is as puzzling to many English speakers as the apparent simplicity of English tenses to German speakers...

(please correct me if I am wrong, Roger :) )

Perfect Maja! Rereading what I wrote, I can see how it was difficult for RotringKind to understand.

Roger

Southern Arizona, USA

Fountain Pen Talk Mailing List

As for Roger's observation, I think he was just saying that in the English language, we do not have "masculine" (der) and "feminine" (die) nouns like you do in German.

And don't forget the neuter (das)!

There are at least 6 tenses in German if my hochschule Deutsch is remembered correctly!

Tag,

Kurt H

and not at last to learn something new in the english language. my spoken english is not very bad but the grammatical times are a very big problem for me. when to take siple past, past progressive e.g. german is quite easy ( ;) )because there are no differents in using tenses. (Are the tenses really so fundamental like my teacher says?) i learn english no the fourth year (but in school!)

Hi RotringKing

On the Internet a lot of people write the same way as they speak. That might be a good thing for you. We don't want you to do complicated sentences, to show that you know advanced English.

The "times" of verbs are called "tenses" in English -- Present Tense, Past Tense, Future and so on. A lot of the time you can use the present tense, even if you are writing about something in the past -- it makes things vivid, and people will understand.

I guess the subtle use of the tenses is very complicated, and most native speakers of English don't really *know* what they do, they just do it. But don't worry, this is a group about pens.

Welcome and have fun

Michael

whose German is awful

oh yes i can understand you all when you say " the awful German language.

when you are a native speaker theres no problem but somtims there are words which have different "geschlechter" e.g. Die Butter and Der Butter

there are different meanings in germany. in southern germany its called mostly die butter.

i think in the same way like the most of you that its only importand to understand whats the meaning of the sentence and not that the sentence is complicated written.

so it on. greetz RK

yes the core is very fine in writíng the form is a bit similar to a carrot, you know (the ballwriter).

but i always take the "parker gel mine " it s a very soft feeling

Hi RotringKing.

I use quite a few Rotring Cores for my artwork, XL nibs I think. I like that they really gush out the ink with no coaxing. I have a nice Pelikan pen from Germany. One of my favorites is a retro looking pen with no brand name on it, but it has a German nib that's just perfect.

All the best,

How can you tell when you're out of invisible ink?

Hi Rotringking!

I use Rotring Artpens, the Tikky, and their compass sets.

Have a good time here and learn as much as you can! :)

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

Your English is much better than my German. All I remember from German class is that I couldn't stand the suspense: it's not until you drop that last word into a German sentence that you know what the whole thing meant.

Much of my family emigrated from Germany, some before our Revolutionary War, and others as late as the 1850's. My Millers started out Muellers.

The only German pen I have right now is a Pelikan M400--very well made, and always reliable. I haven't used any of the Rotrings yet, but I'm sure I'll get the chance.

Like you, I get most of my pens from e-bay and other internet outlets. There's really only one store in my area that has any kind of selection, and its prices are always the manufacturer's suggested retail price. I've learned that's usually at least 20% higher than I can get the pen elsewehere.