A new UK Pen Show

ianpwilliamson

I am so mad that I will be in UK the previous weekend...for my old hockey club's festival weekend, but cannot stretch it out to this one, as I have a dog & cat back here in Spain to get back to. :(

I hope it goes well for those who can make it.

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

US humorist (1878 - 1937)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carrie

• ianpwilliamson2

• CasmiUK

• bluemax

as I have never been to a pen show......... what can i expect?

what's gonna be going on....do they have show offers on pens - is it just collectors there showing r do some of the manufacturers attend - can you play with them and try out colours etc?

I'm excited.....I want to make sure it becomes impossible to miss :)

So I'm opinionated - get over it!!.......No, really - get over it!!

Hmmmm I was going to put up a WANTS list - but that's too long as well ......

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I'm hoping to attend this too - have been to the London Pen Show last year, still very much a novice though.

The roofer wants to repair our roof that weekend - hopefully the other half won't mind if I am absent.

I'm hoping to get along to this show (it will be my first) but I'm having to work on Saturday :angry: Hope to drive up from London and arrive before the Saturday night "Show 'N' Tell Reception".

David

Well good people just over a week to go to the Midland Pen Weekend and stress levels are running high!

All the tables have been taken. Jim Marshall and Laurence Oldfield will be with us to talk about pen repair (if you haven't got a copy of their new book yet I'll have some at the show). David Shepherd will be joining us to launch his new Parker Vac book in the UK. I'll have the full range of Diamine inks including some new colours (are you reading this Carol ;) ) and once again you can try before you buy. I'm also bringing along some vials for the UK ink exchange which will be FREE to all FPNers. I'm sharing one of my tables with John (Oxonian) who will be sellingsome of his pens for the first time (officially that is!) so please give him some support.

I'm trying to organise a meeting room for the FPN Crazy Crew (don't want a repeat of the Northern Show do we ;) ).

If anyone needs directions to Lichfield (Carrie?) or a map showing all of the car parks in Lichfield - all within 5 minutes walk of the hotel, or any info on pubs and eating places just PM me.

Lichfield will not only be full (hopefully!) of weird people who love pens, but also full of people in funny clothes doing funny dances and singing - its the Lichfield Folk Festival on at the same time as our pen weekend - it should make for a fun packed couple of days.

Hoping to see you all there and please tell everyone you know, who might be interested, about the show.

Regards

Ian

www.midlandpenshow.co.uk

www.cathedralpens.co.uk

www.lwes.org.uk

www.wesonline.org.uk

I popped into Lichfield the other week, so found out where the show will be held and just generally had a nice mooch round :) I'm off on holiday now, so will come straight back off holiday and then head straight off to the show. Therefore I'll leave it to someone else to pass on any contact details and arrange what time folks are meeting up. Ian, don't let me forget that I want to get some new sacs this time and I also need to get sac and seals so I can try to do my first snorkel repair.

Excellent! I like folk music too! :)

Just need a bike show and a cat show in the area and I'll be in heaven

That is if I can find it. I've ridden though Lichfield on a motorcycle but otherwise have never been there.

I'll have the full range of Diamine inks including some new colours (are you reading this Carol ;) )

MORE new colours??? Woo hoo!!! I alreaady need a bottle of the Flamingo and a second bottle of Royal Blue.........

I'm sharing one of my tables with John (Oxonian) who will be sellingsome of his pens for the first time (officially that is!) so please give him some support.

Excellent! I've got some pens to send back to him and I'll just bring them rather than post them.

I'm trying to organise a meeting room for the FPN Crazy Crew (don't want a repeat of the Northern Show do we ;) ).

Ummmm.....this 'meeting room' you're trying to organise......it doesn't have padded walls, does it? It's just that the fabric they use gives me a rash.....

"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing 'Cunning plans are here again'"

Twitter: @CasmiUK

I'll just be going in on Sunday, so will see everyone then.

regards

Bren

I'll be there on Saturday afternoon.

Parts of Lichfield are really beautiful and I'm looking forward to the special exhibition at Dr Johnson's house, too.

Sadly i will not be making this show as i'm flying home to Belfast on Friday and not coming back till Sunday eve. Trust me to pick this weekend to go home. I would have liked to meet John (oxonian) at last. Ah well maybe the London show.

PARKER 51 RULES

Well there appears to be just a possibility that I will be able to get there after all.

My 90 yo MiL passed away last night, so it depends when the funeral is...shouldn't be too long depending on the funeral directors 'waiting list' I guess, as she hadn't any relatives in Australia who we might've waited for!!

(No condolences required...she and I never got-on, although I we had a sort-of 'truce' because she was my daughters' grandmother!)

But it's a nuisance that I have just got back to Spain after visiting the children/grandchildren (& the hockey festival) and now haveta find someone to dog & cat-sit for a few more days, book flights, etc!

(Sorry if I sound callous.... :embarrassed_smile: )

Anyway, here's hoping I can get to Lichfield for one of the days and see some of you guys :)

Edited by rogerb

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

I was really hoping to be able to get to Lichfield, but sadly I have to work that weekend. I shall have to start saving my pennies for London instead.

Sadly i will not be making this show as i'm flying home to Belfast on Friday and not coming back till Sunday eve. Trust me to pick this weekend to go home. I would have liked to meet John (oxonian) at last. Ah well maybe the London show.

Sorry that you won't be with us at the weekend Mark, you'll be missed. Hope to see you at The London.

Regards

Ian

www.midlandpenshow.co.uk

www.cathedralpens.co.uk

www.lwes.org.uk

www.wesonline.org.uk

Well there appears to be just a possibility that I will be able to get there after all.

My 90 yo MiL passed away last night, so it depends when the funeral is...shouldn't be too long depending on the funeral directors 'waiting list' I guess, as she hadn't any relatives in Australia who we might've waited for!!

(No condolences required...she and I never got-on, although I we had a sort-of 'truce' because she was my daughters' grandmother!)

But it's a nuisance that I have just got back to Spain after visiting the children/grandchildren (& the hockey festival) and now haveta find someone to dog & cat-sit for a few more days, book flights, etc!

(Sorry if I sound callous.... :embarrassed_smile: )

Anyway, here's hoping I can get to Lichfield for one of the days and see some of you guys :)

Hi Roger,

I'm glad that you might be able to join us, perhaps we'll have a bit longer to chat than we did at the Northern.

Regards

Ian

It wouldn't be difficult, Ian, as I wasn't there :roflmho:

I guess it was another Roger...or someone else!!

Hi Roger,

I'm glad that you might be able to join us, perhaps we'll have a bit longer to chat than we did at the Northern.

Regards

Ian

Don Marquis

I would loved to have visited (since Lichfield isn't that far from me) but can't actually drive or walk at the moment because of a bad knee. I wanted to register my interest just so that the organisers can add me to the "shows an interest" count. Mind you, it looks like there'll be plenty of support anyway. Good luck for the show. Maybe see you next year... :crybaby:

Regards,

Dean

I had hoped to join you all at the Midland Pen Show, but I'm now having to work all weekend. I even had my room booked at the George Hotel, but have had to cancel it :bawl:

I hope you all have a great weekend :thumbup:

David

Hope y'all have fun. I don't live in brum nae more, or I'd have wandered down to the university and gotten a train :(

Mike

Edited to correct the smiley

Edited by tbfalsename

I've done many things I'm not proud of, and those that I am proud of are disgusting.